Yay!! I am TMS approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!! I am TMS approved.

Finally, after months and months of fighting with my insurance and getting details and records, I got to meet the TMS psych and he officially approved me for TMS. Hopefully starting next week. I was advised to restart my therapy sessions. I have not seen my therapist since before Covid. I just dread it because it means I have to adult and go out into the masses.

The pandemic, not having transportation, telehealth and delivery services have spoiled me and sometimes I think I could easily become agoraphobic. Or something close to it. A hermit, maybe that's the term I am looking for. The only time I get out is with medical transport to the few doc visits I do have, usually for testing. I miss being able to drive. I have a van but no money to get any kind of testing to see what is wrong with it. I miss it desperately. I am tired of doing rescuing and fostering remotely. It is just not working.

I am SO glad that you're finally getting the care you've been seeking. That's such good news. I sure hope that things work out financially and that van gets repaired.

Comment

((((((Chris)))))) ~

This is wonderful news! I am so very happy for you that you have this option available to you. I will pray that it works fabulously for you.

I know how you feel about venturing out into the world. Just be safe, wear a mask, etc. You know the drill.

I wish you were able to have your van repaired. Lack of transportation contributes to being a hermit. At least, that has been true in my life.

Please keep us apprised of your TMS journey.

Positive, healing energy and prayers on the way for you ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Chris - How are things going? Did therapy get started? I sure hope and pray that it's going well.

Comment

We were hoping to get started right away but I change insurance companies on the first of April so we are kind of waiting for that to come and get everything covered before I start. I got an insurance upgrade. I hated my insurance for years and was finally in the right time frame that they allow so I jumped on when I got the paperwork. I don't see this insurance giving me any grief as they are rated number one for Medicaid and medicare HMO and everything is in order for approval. I am excited but afraid of the time length for commitment. I tend to flake out and it is intensive, five days a week for the first five weeks then goes down to three finally titrating down.

I asked my psych about going off of the Latuda, I am of the mind that since this med started my TD I want to get off of it before it does any more damage. I was thinking 5mg at a time for a couple of weeks at a time. He says that is not necessary and to cut my morning dose out which is 20, the lowest, then in a couple of weeks cut out the night dose. Now mind you I don't like this, not one bit. I don't know if it is because the pills shouldn't be cut or what. And of course, I didn't think to ask. I keep going back and reading different things about TD and both of my sons were just prescribed Seroquel for depression and sleep. I was furious. It is a well-known cause of TD. They are both adults so there is nothing I can do except tell them. Unfortunately, the boy's meds seem to be working for them.

I joined a TD support group on FB. I am amazed at how common TD is and how many meds can cause it and how long Big Pharma has known about it. And the rates go up because more people are being prescribed antipsychotics at an alarming rate. I have discovered that for as annoying as my TD is I am no where near as bad as some of the people I have 'met'. And the TD meds usually don't work and come with their own side effects like severe depression which makes it a merry go round of medications.

I did schedule an appt for my therapist finally. It's been so long I had to ask permission to start seeing her again, she of course okayed it and told them to call me and set up an appt so it will be a boots on the ground appt. I look forward to seeing her.

Comment

Chris, how are you? How are things going? We would certainly like to hear from you.

Comment

April 4th and I am still waiting for my insurance to switch everything over. It changed on the first but TMS had to resubmit all of my info to the new insurance. They already have everything they need so hoping it won't take long.

Comment

TMS = transcranial magnetic stimulation? I've read a little about it and hope it will work for you. It's painless, right?
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

yes painless, kind of like having a giant TENS unit put against certain parts of the head depending what they want to work on.I put my hand right against the machine.

Comment

((((((Chris)))))) ~

Have you seen your therapist yet? I hope that appointment will help you in every way possible right now.

I'm so sorry that you have TD. You are so right that many drugs cause TD; I see TV commercials for assorted drugs, and I've noticed TD is a potential side effect. It also seems typical that side effects from any drug mean taking another drug for the side effects. It is a vicious cycle.

If you haven't started the process of weaning from Latuda, I recommend that you call your pharmacist for advice. Pharmacists have always been my first line of questioning about medications.

The TMS treatments do sound quite intensive and time consuming. I pray that you can start TMS soon, and that all will go smoothly, with positive, life changing results for you.

Surrounding you with positive thoughts and healing energy ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Thank you guys for thinking of me. I see my therapist on Monday. I look forward to it, I can hear her voice in my head saying "oh no Chris" as I am telling her about the last two years.

I have thought about asking the pharmacist but I am afraid he will just tell me to ask my psych. I have been doing some research that says that titrating down by 5mg at a time for a period of time is possible. In order for the Latuda to activate is by taking it with 375 calories in the stomach at the time so I was wondering if I should titrate down by making it eventually inactive with fewer and fewer calories then titrating down by 5mg. Maybe that is too extreme. I will get it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                      X