Notify docs of your blood thinners before getting COVID19 vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notify docs of your blood thinners before getting COVID19 vaccine

As many stroke survivors are on blood thinners see here Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Stroke survivors can still get the vaccine but it looks like you may have to take some extra precautions if you have ischemic stroke...More here.

Is the vaccine safe for people taking blood thinners like warfarin or other anticoagulants?
    Like most vaccines, the coronavirus vaccine is injected into the muscle of your upper arm. As with any injection, there is some risk of bleeding. Injections into your muscle may bleed a little more than injections that are given under the skin, but less than those that are given into a vein. If you are taking a blood thinner such as warfarin, or a new anticoagulant, the bleeding may take a little longer to stop and you may get more bruising on your upper arm.

Public Health England and the Department of Health have said that you can have the vaccine if your anticoagulant treatment is stable. That generally means that you will have been taking the same dose for a while and that if you are on warfarin, that your INR checks are up to date and that your latest INR level was in the right range.

Is the vaccine safe for people taking blood thinners like clopidogrel or other antiplatelet drugs?
    Yes. If you are taking an antiplatelet medication, such as clopidogrel, then the vaccine is safe for you to take. You may experience a little more bruising around the injection site.
    Source Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 12-13-2020, 11:02 AM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

That is good to know. Will they be having 1st and 2nd dosage too?

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
      That is good to know. Will they be having 1st and 2nd dosage too?
      Best to check with a doctor to see the difference between the 2 doses, if any. Thanks!
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

What brand of COVID vaccine is safe to use if you're recently diagnosed with Stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post
          What brand of COVID vaccine is safe to use if you're recently diagnosed with Stroke?
          I haven't seen any data on which shot is best for stroke survivors but I know people with Cerebral Palsy which is similar to stroke who have had a good experience with Pfizer. Did you or someone you know just have a stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post

I haven't seen any data on which shot is best for stroke survivors but I know people with Cerebral Palsy which is similar to stroke who have had a good experience with Pfizer. Did you or someone you know just have a stroke?
            Yes, recently a friend of mine was diagnosed of stroke, but she's okay now. We are looking into J&J vaccines however, their operations were temporarily shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post

Yes, recently a friend of mine was diagnosed of stroke, but she's okay now. We are looking into J&J vaccines however, their operations were temporarily shut down.
              I'm so glad she's okay. Yes the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine may be causing blood clots so it may not be safe for people who have had ischemic stroke and it may be that the people who are experiencing clots have previously had COVID19 disease itself.

Comment

Working...
              X