No announcement yet.

Stiff Person in the News Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

A story about a young woman, teacher with SPS, her challenges and her yard sale to buy a handicap van that allows her to put her power chair in it and go to school to teach.

Comment

Another account about a person with stiff-person syndrome--in "Today" (October 21), "'I Often Can't Move': What It's Like to Live with Stiff-Person Syndrome":

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Here's someone doing what he can to help:

He seems to have a US doctor who has SPS, and he himself has SPS.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
          Here's someone doing what he can to help:

He seems to have a US doctor who has SPS, and he himself has SPS.
          This man might have a milder version of SPS. Afteral, I was surfing until the SPS worsened.

Comment

Here's someone with SPS trying to raise awareness:

Comment

More news:

Comment

One of the medication used in treating SPS is diazepam, a sedative that helps relieve muscle stiffness. However, according to research, if overused may lead to sleepiness, loss of strength, muscle pain or weakness and loss of coordination. That is why doctor's prescription is strictly needed when buying over the counter.

Comment

HI choco.
                  Yes, diazepam (Valium) is a mainstay. All of the muscle relaxants cause sleepiness, constipation, nausea from the constipation. I am on Klonopin, Tizanidine and Baclofen. Rectal Valium and inhaled Versed are my emergency meds if I get an out of control spasm.
                  The problem with the mainstays like Bac and Tiz is that the doses have to be very high as the disease worsens. Most non SPSers cannot tolerate such high doses.

Comment

This Braintalk Stiff Person Forum was finally cited in the Google Alert for Stiff Person Syndrome.

Comment

That's really good news--and there you are, Sunshine! People have been asking about you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X