Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Virginia, I have relayed your message to Peter. He wonders how bad the towels could be.

Howie is not a lurker. I’m sure he is trying to get back.

I had a great birthday and good weather to go with it. And today is my second Moderna.
    ANN

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    I saw last week one day when storms were forecast all over this area that it appeared Howie got more of it than I did.

You know he isn't very far from me and I could just ride through Danville with my window open screaming HOWIEEE, HOWIEEE. He would ignore me, but if I screamed SAM, SAM I have fresh turkey and cheese she would come out and get in the car with me.
    Virginia, Howie was supposedly about to log in yesterday. Everything was in order for that to happen. Mike Weins sent him a new password. He has all his old e-mail addresses in case he needs to try them. But I didn't hear from him all day today. Maybe he's here but lurking.
    Last edited by agate; 03-31-2021, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, then plan to go to grocery store, so if I don't see you all until tomorrow evening just remember what you know about this new forum and you can tell me then, although I am pretty well satisfied. There is one thing I want to get straightened out, but I just haven't had the time.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    I saw last week one day when storms were forecast all over this area that it appeared Howie got more of it than I did.

You know he isn't very far from me and I could just ride through Danville with my window open screaming HOWIEEE, HOWIEEE. He would ignore me, but if I screamed SAM, SAM I have fresh turkey and cheese she would come out and get in the car with me.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Ann, just thought I would let you tell Peter I don't think these sheets are ironable. They say they are wrinkle free wash after wash and they supposedly dry quicker than other sheets. I wonder why? The bottom sheet stretches from 8" to 18". Don't think I have had any like this before. I am going to put them away upstairs for awhile. I figured I was going to need some in the next 6 months so I just went ahead and got them. I don't like the towels and wish I could get to Belk to exchange them. I will never use them, but oh well I will try.

Please tell Peter he still gets the white blouses. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Virginia, you might need to try the other option, which is called "Posts." That will probably make the page look the way you want it to look. I haven't tried it yet but will later.

I've looked at some user names here and found that several regulars on this board have logged in though they haven't posted. You know who you are. Thank you for stopping by! People are busy or not feeling well or just not in the mood or timid about the new board. Or whatever. Maybe we'll hear from you later.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    I did do what Agate said about getting the latest activity to come up and it showed the latest as the first one on the page then the next and so forth, but it was like reading a page from the bottom up. I want to read the way I read a book.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Hi Sunshine, so glad you are back. Another way to get to the latest postings is click on page 1 at top of thread and then change it to whatever the last page is. If there is more than 1 page it says page 1 of 8 or 10 or whatever it is. I find that easy. I will try Agate's way sometime, but it seems a little complicated for my tiny brain. I know you are good on the computer so you would not have any problems with it.

Leave a comment:

• Ikoiko
    replied
    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    Maryland must be beautiful in the springtime, Ikoiko.

I hope you are able to get an appointment.

I was thinking you were in your twenties - a recent college grad/young professional.

ANN
    We are waiting for the cherry blossoms to peak.

I have been coming to this board since the late 1990s, before it was moderated. The wild west days. I am retired due to MS fatigue.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Glad you made it through the gates and over the hurdles, Sunshine!

To get the most recent posts to show up first, I went to User Settings (click on your user name at the top right of the screen to find that), then to the Account tab, then scrolled down to Display Mode and check Latest Activity.

Another way is to click on Filter at the top right of the message window, and under Time, select Today. I think you'd need to do that every time though.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine 2
    replied
    I made it back per agate’s suggestion that maybe there is a space between Sunshine and 2.
    Now, how do I get the posts so that the first post on a thread is at the top, not at the end of the pages of posts?

Leave a comment:

• agate
    commented on 's reply
    I'm going to try this new Comment feature and see what happens. There's even a Like button now!

And I found the place to change the skin (called "Change Forum Style," I think). I tried all 3 options, including "Orange-Purple," but didn't notice any difference in the appearance of this board. Maybe they haven't got around to tinkering with that part yet.

EDITED TO ADD: OK, when you click on Comment and write your message, it comes up as a reply to a specific post. For those who want to reply to one person's comment it might be handy not to have to copy and paste that person's words into your post (or to use the Reply with Quote feature).
    Last edited by agate; 03-28-2021, 10:07 PM.

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Oops, I am responding to Ikoiko but lost the thread. Enough for tonight.

Also, I did find a place to change the skin (tho it was called something else) to “Orange-Purple” but I don’t see any orange or purple and I did “save changes.”

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Maryland must be beautiful in the springtime, Ikoiko.

I hope you are able to get an appointment.

I was thinking you were in your twenties - a recent college grad/young professional.

ANN

Leave a comment:

• Ikoiko
    replied
    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    Hello, Ikoiko (waving). Glad you had no trouble.

Did you get the vaccine yet and how did you fare?

ANN
    I am old enough to get the vaccine in Massachusetts, and have been contacted by two hospitals that they have open appointments. But, now I am at my friend's house in Maryland and hope to get on a list soon, but who knows.

I am getting a mammogram on Tuesday, and they told me not to get a vaccine for 6 weeks before hand. That is in case it causes swollen lymph nodes in your arm pit that might cause confusion on the mammogram.

P.S. I am 62.
    Last edited by Ikoiko; 03-28-2021, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X