March Chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    Ann, it is so wonderful that your Mom has a mind of her own. She only lets you be bossy part of the time. She knows you want what is best for her.
    But sometimes Mother knows best. I'm somewhat relieved that she's doing things her way even though there are questions about it.

Aging people seem to hate losing control. They're already experiencing a sense that the world is slipping away as their vision and hearing fade. Controlling what we can still control becomes really important.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I have to rant a little about Dominoe's. That's a pizza place, but they have other food which is what I ordered.

This is the SECOND time I have ordered from them, and it never shows up. I can track the order online, it's in the oven, then it's quality checked, and then that's where it stops. I will NEVER order from them again.

So I placed another order from a different place, and it's being filled now, and delivered about 5:00. I've ordered from them before. The food isn't as good, but at least it will get here.

I did a search online, and there are many other places that deliver in my area. If I get my stimulus money, I'll try them all.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I am glad you are eating better now.

Agate, I agree about the loss of control, especially when one has all their mental faculties, which Ann's Mom does. In this case, I think it is probably a case of her feeling more comfortable with one of the two options she has chosen. That is also very important as people get older.
        Virginia

Comment

Nobody is awake yet. Or maybe everyone is very awake and having great adventures and just lacking the time to report them here.

I'll fill up this space somehow. I have a little project tentatively planned for today (first rule of MS: Never plan anything).

The 4 perennials on my patio need to be repotted. I even bought one larger pot so I can move them on up into somewhat larger pots. This should be done soon. The squirrels are digging away at all of them, tossing out huge piles of dirt with a liberal hand/claw.

I find little mounds of dirt all around, look into the pots, and find big holes gouged out where that dirt once was.

Of course they'll have a field day with the new pots too but at least the plants will stand a better chance with fresh dirt.

It may rain today and it's my idea of cold (just under 50') but I'm going to do the first pot today. I can't do this indoors because I'd be bringing in the slugs/ants/silverfish/earwigs/worms that live in those pots.

I hope to do the other 3 pots, one pot per day, in the next couple of weeks.

I did say "hope." I didn't say "plan."

We'll see if I get this part done today. If I get out there and immediately stiffen up in the cold, it won't be possible.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

Did your food arrive on time yesterday evening? Are you using a delivery service (like Doordash or GrubHub), or are the restaurants sending an employee to deliver your orders?

I hope your stimulus check/payment appears soon, so you can restaurant hop. Did you receive the other two stimulus payments? If so, I would think you would get this third one. May it be sooner rather than later.

agate ~

Under 50 degrees is cold to me too. Were you able to get one of your perennials repotted today? Did you order dirt for the repotting? Bags of dirt can be quite heavy, so I hope you haven't strained anything. Speaking of which, how are your shoulder and arm? Has that discomfort subsided?

Sending prayers and positive, healing energy to all!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Posting here about the repotting job may have given me the incentive I needed to get out there. I actually repotted the first plant today. I always keep potting soil on hand and had enough left for that one pot. More potting soil should be here next week. I buy small bags of it so I can lift them.

I bundled up in my winter coat, hat, and gardening gloves and was tolerably comfy out there for the short time it took me to do this. Then of course I had to bring all the stuff in and clean out the old pot so I can use it soon for another plant.

I even took the trash to the dumpster so that the bits of old dirt wouldn't be sitting in the apartment for any length of time.

Rose, it's a miracle but all of the pain problems I was having have gone away. They were almost certainly an effect of starting Copaxone. When I took it years ago, the dose was probably titrated up gradually (can't recall)--this time I didn't think to ask about that as a possible way of easing into it slowly, and so went ahead with the full 40mg dose, which is double the dose I was getting years ago. So it may have packed quite a wallop for me, and now I may have adjusted to it. It's the way some of the MS drugs work.

Avonex gave me flulike symptoms one day a week for the first year but those gradually went away too.

Comment

Rose, I am headed out shortly, and the bank is my first stop, and I will see if my stimulus has arrived. I also have to go to CVS. My Gabapentin is ready. I hope it goes that smoothly from now on. But first, I'm going to finish this mug of coffee. I slept late last night.

Everyone have a great day!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

A busy day, at least for me. I went to CVS and got my Gabapentin, then to the bank, but the ATM wouldn't work for me. So I went to the drive up Window, and got what I tried to get at the ATM.

My bank was taken over by another bank, so I've already gotten a new debit card, and have used it before at the ATM, and it worked, but not today. I hope they get that fixed soon.

Plus my online banking site doesn't work now, but that's a problem for another day.

After the bank, I went to the store, came home and put everything away. I needed to make coleslaw, but just didn't have it in me. So I ordered out, got shrimp and a salad, a glass of soymilk, and watched a YouTube movie.

So now I'm just finishing my first beer, and going to watch another movie. It's Miller time.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Miller time, Howie? Would that mean the TV program, "Barney Miller"?

Comment

That was, and probably still is, the slogan for Miller Beer . "It's Miller time."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought its slogan was "the champagne of bottled beer." Maybe it has a lot of slogans...

Comment

IVIG all day tomorrow: First one in a month as I skipped one to get the Moderna shot. They recommend 2 weeks between the shot and any cancer immunotherapy, and any IgG treatment of which IVIG is the latter.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, Sunshine.

ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed for you, Sunshine.

Comment

Agate, you seem to know a lot about Miller beer. Is that your brand?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X