No announcement yet.

March Chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the server update--I'm digging up my log-in information in case it's needed to get back here.

I put in a request for e-mail notification of replies to our posts. We had this feature here a while back, and I found it very convenient. If someone feels strongly about it one way or the other, please let your feelings be known in the thread Mike Weins has posted.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Prince William is adorable with those melt-your-heart eyes. Aww ... what a sweetie! Thank you for sharing William with us.

Howie ~

How was your shrimp and salad? Was the shrimp cooked?

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 03-17-2021, 02:50 PM.
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

By the way, I may have a power outage sometime tomorrow afternoon. We have winds that are predicted to be extremely strong - I am talking 40 to 70 miles per hour winds! I am a bit nervous. They have closed the schools in this county for tomorrow.

You know how these things go - sometimes they hit and sometimes nothing at all materializes. That is what I am hoping for. This is a storm that is (I think) due to hit Mississippi and Alabama tonight and here tomorrow between 2 and 7PM.

I have a hair appointment for cut and color tomorrow afternoon at 4PM. It was scheduled for Monday, then she called and asked if I could come today and I told her yes, then she called and asked if I could come tomorrow and I again agreed. I may be the one who cancels tomorrow. Even if the winds only get up to 40MPH I am in no way comfortable driving in that.

If the winds get that high there will in all probability be wide spread outages which means I don't know when my electricity will come back on.

Howie, so glad you enjoyed your shrimp. I am due to go to first indoor restaurant in a year or more Sunday night. My youngest brother is having a birthday so about 8 or 9 of us will be there. I know that 4 of us have been vaccinated and possibly a 5th by now. The other 3 are young pregnant niece, her husband and my nephew. Personally, I don't think it is wise for pregnant niece to go, but she goes to work and other places, so I guess her Dad's birthday shouldn't be an exception. Will seem strange. I have not been to this restaurant before but it looks like it is high end on the internet. Howie's shrimp reminded me of this because it is steak and seafood place.
        Virginia

Comment

Everyone here will be holding onto their hats, Virginia, because tomorrow afternoon is the time when this board starts to go through its big migration, but you'll be having your own adventure there, from the sound of it.

Please don't get blown away!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

My shrimp and salad were good. This place had a HUGE menu, so I'll try something different each time. The delivery was fast. I'll try other places too.

I put "food deliver for my zip code" in my search engine, and there were many places. I think the virus has forced many restaurants to offer deliveries to keep in business.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hang on to some bread crumbs in case we get lost!

ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

We're probably going to have to stay flexible and be ready to make some adjustments to a new board but the chances are that it will be easier to navigate with the upgrade accomplished.

Comment

Well, I see everyone is still here and I am still home today. They downgraded the storm from a cat 4 to a cat 3, but so far in my area it has been dry and very still. Hardly a leaf is blowing. I cancelled my appointment for today, but it looks like I could have gone right now. This warning is still in effect until 9 or 10 tonight and with my appointment being at 4 I would not have gotten out until 6. The weather has turned warmer during the day today, which they say is not good. That is supposed to spawn more activity.

I needed a haircut, but I really didn't feel like going today anyway. I am very, very tired. Maybe it is the changing barometric pressure.

Howie, that sounds like a good restaurant to have in the area. You had a good idea when you googled to find out who would deliver. I might try that.

Let's see now. It is 2PM on West Coast, so Mike should be hard at work. I wonder when we will feel it? Mike don't get us too messed up. Just keep my e-mail address in case you do. Well, guess you better keep everyone's. I don't want to be on here alone.
                  Virginia

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

I am happy for you that you have found restaurants to deliver to you, so that you can enjoy a variation in your usual meals. Freshly cooked meals are so much better than microwave meals. Enjoy!

Virginia ~

You've been in my thoughts since last night, after watching the weather reports for the South. Tornadoes seemed to be the largest danger. I lived in the Midwest for several years, and we went through many tornado watches. In fact, we went to the Indy 500, and we were in a tornado as it roared across the field. It was terrifying!

Then, we moved back to California, and our first year back, a tornado rumbled through our city, hit our home hard, and we had a power outage. I packed the boys up in the car and drove to my parents' house, as they weren't in the path of it.

Santa Ana winds are occurring more frequently over the past few years, and we can get gusts of up to 50 mph, which can also generate small tornadoes.

I hope your weather improves significantly with no more wind or tornadoes.

Mike posted in his Global Thread that today's update was cancelled. His coworker had an accident, and Mike had to go in to replace him. That is why we're all still here, and everything looks the same.

You are all in my prayers, and I hope that you will continue to be well, safe, and as content as possible in these challenging times.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I hope the forum doesn't change too much. I don't do well with changes.

Virginia, I found this new food place all listed under GRUBHUB. Google that, and I think your zip code, and they with give you links to every place that delivers in your area. Then each place you click on, it shows the menu.

I went to get gas, then the bank, then the store. I should be able to stay home until next week. It was cloudy, and light rain most of the day, but really poured at times.
                      Last edited by Howie; 03-18-2021, 04:32 PM.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, nothing happened here. It was all around me, but not here. However, Howie I noticed that you got more than I did by far. Hope no high winds came your way.

I hope Mike leaves us alone for awhile, but sorry his co-worker got hurt.
                        Virginia

Comment

Well, we are still here, but no one is showing up. Where is everyone?

I just put in Instacart order. Will get it by 7:30 tonight. I only put in things I felt I could trust. I am going to grocery store and get fresh stuff Sunday night after I leave Birthday dinner for brother.
                          Virginia

Comment

I think it's a case of Fridayitis. I've noticed that on Fridays people are elsewhere, maybe starting the weekend early.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade and hoping it goes well. It will probably lead to improvements in the way we navigate around here. Hoping there won't be much downtime, of course.

Comment

We delivered our income taxes to our tax guy today and did a load of laundry. An arborist came by for a quote on tree work.

We finished last weeks veggie soup for lunch and will have dal on brown rice for supper (I made the broth, the soup and the dal). I also sautéed a box of mushrooms to get them used up before tomorrow’s shopping.

Mom is driving me crazy. I’ll put that in a CoVID thread.

ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, it is so wonderful that your Mom has a mind of her own. She only lets you be bossy part of the time. She knows you want what is best for her.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X