No announcement yet.

March Chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if I am paying extra either Linda. It was funny that when I called Spectrum and asked the man about getting wifi he asked what kind of modem I had and when I told him he told me to go into my other areas and try my kindle and it worked. Maybe it would have worked anyway, that is the thing I have often wondered. Have I always had it or did he remotely do something to my modem?
    Virginia

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Thank you so much for your understanding and support. I know that you can relate. You and everyone here help me with your friendship, listening and caring.

My house is 43 years old, and the cable was installed in the early 80s. We may have had an upgrade in the early 90s, as I vaguely recall. We were doing a good job of maintaining and upgrading the house, until Jonathan's condition declined in 2004, and we were in/out of ICU many times. Jim just didn't have time to continue his projects. The house also has a good amount of damage to the exterior and interior from the earthquake in 2014. It needs a complete renovation. It will happen. I'm just not ready to deal with it yet, and COVID put the kibosh on a lot of things.

I'm doing my best to take care of and pace myself. I know my limitations.

Thank you again, Virginia.

Sending prayers and healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Feeling so proud of myself - just crowing! I have been without audio on my computer for weeks and weeks. I had tried a number of things and couldn't get it fixed. Well, tonight something just all of a sudden rang a bell and I looked up something else on my system and tried something and now I have audio on U-Tube. I hope it works everywhere else. I will see.

I had asked my brother earlier today to help me with this problem, but he is very busy and a little stressed right now. Now I can tell him he can forget about it - I hope!
        Virginia

Comment

Congratulations Virginia. I know the feeling of solving a tech problem.

Right now we are having a problem watching Prime Video on TV via an HDMI cable between the TV and my iPad. It worked great the first time - it took a few minutes to find the English subtitles- but otherwise perfect. Since then, the picture plays on the iPad and the sound comes out of the TV. Maddening.

I hope someone here has a solution.
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Between you and Peter, Ann I am surprised you haven't figured that out in a flash. O.K. no computer work for Peter. He will have to keep to ironing and other chores.

Maybe someone on here can come up with something for you.
            Virginia

Comment

ANN, your TV situation is beyond my limited experience but whenever I have a difficult problem with a computer (or with anything else--a plumbing issue, a crocheting issue, a plant issue, you name it) I ask questions in the Google search window until I find answers. Sometimes I have to keep rephrasing the question but I almost always find a solution eventually.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Thank you, Agate.

It has started! I planted Giant Yokomo Peas today. It felt great. So happy.

My gardening philosophy: if you plant something you might get something. If you plant nothing, you’ll get nothing.

ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, that is great. I know how you love to garden. If your weather is anything like we are having and have been having for quite a spell, now is a good time to get some gardening in.

Our high today is to be 79 degrees. Has been in the mid to high 70s for at least the last 10 days. I think it is going to cool down just a bit in the next couple of days.
                  Virginia

Comment

Everyone here realizes that this is the weekend when most people lose an hour.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

This is the week-end that I will be very unhappy, but thanks for letting us know Agate. I guess it is what it is.
                      Virginia

Comment

Virginia, in the Jeanie thread you mentioned a problem getting the laundry up and down stairs. Have you got a shopping cart? I always used it when I had to haul laundry up or down stairs, and that was back when I was able-bodied. If the laundry is contained in a bag, and some shopping carts even come with their own bag, it doesn't spill out while you're in transit.

I'd be lost without my shopping cart.

Comment

Agate, my laundry is here on my main floor. It is just small items that I take up to store in the attic and sometimes I have to bring some down. That is something I have been very grateful for - I am self sufficient here on this floor, living room, dinning room, kitchen with small eat in area, office and master bedroom and bath. Also an extra bath down here for guest.

Today I took a couple of small items upstairs. While up there I dusted with a swiffer I had taken up, I flushed the commode which didn't need cleaning and things like that. Since everything I truly need is down where I stay I can get away with going up about once every 3 weeks to take care of the things I did today.
                          Virginia

Comment

Some attics involve stairs that are more like open ladders. Is that the kind of stairs you have, Virginia?

Comment

I'd welcome thoughts on this.

I've been posting Tom Cat's (Ralph's) messages as they come along, and he asked me to post any of them that I thought OK for this board. I've sometimes removed political comments but otherwise have posted most of them so far.

But now there's one that gives very specific details about Cat Dancer's final days. It's sad. If anyone feels strongly as if that would be too much detail for this board at this time, please just say so. I'll wait to post it until people have had time to respond.

Send a PM if you prefer.

Comment

Agate, regarding the stairs. They are regular stairs. I have a two story house (well 1 and 1/2 story). I have a large bedroom upstairs, which is what I dusted, a walk-in closet and a full bathroom. There is a door up there that opens just like the walk-in closet does and that is where my attic is located. No additional stairs to that. I try to go up every two to three weeks to dust the bedroom and check the bathroom. I loved having that walk-in attic when I bought this place. I had no idea that I had MS at the time. There is no way I would go up pull down stairs. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I have banisters going to my upstairs and I have to pull myself up. That is mainly what Jeanie was talking about. If I am trying to carry something in addition to pulling on the banisters is when it is most dangerous.

Regarding Ralph's message - it would not bother me. I remember him telling some things about Cat's last days before and they were very sad. I know that he held her in his arms. I think he had taken her back to the hospital. I will let others speak for themselves, but anyone on here who doesn't know that Cat had a sad ending just missed reading about it. I think most people on here are pretty familiar with sadness in our lives, but others can speak up on this subject. Personally, I would like Ralph to feel as much a part of this group as possible and therefore able to say what he feels. I expect that Marty's illness is bringing a lot back to Ralph.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X