Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agate
    replied
    If the pedometer wasn't going haywire, I found some of those days impressive too. Maybe the Copaxone I've been taking for 3 months now is actually bringing about some improvement.

It's not known for doing that in any noticeable way but I do seem to have more energy, particularly now that the pain I was having has calmed down. (For the last couple of days I've been able to sleep without extra pillows propping my back and neck. For a couple of weeks I've been able to do more things with my left arm.)

And definitely dreams have returned, and bladder control is better. I didn't expect any noticeable improvement from restarting Copaxone but I seem to be getting it.

Or maybe it's mind over matter.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Agate, you have some terrific days in there. They are great!

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    That’s a good deal of walking, Agate. It has to help. I find that if we have taken a walk - usually .6 - .7 miles - I have a better night sleep but more spastic pain in the evening.

File under “darn if you do, darn if you don’t.”
    ANN

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Recent step counts:

3/1/21 - 1672 steps/day
    3/2/21 - 2573 "
    3/3/21 - 1443 "
    3/4/21 - 1080 "
    3/6/21 - 2448 "
    3/7/21 - 858 "
    3/8/21 - 2344 "
    3/9/21 - 1627 "
    3/10/21 - 1350 "
    3/11/21 - 1477 "
    3/12/21 - 1196 "
    3/14/21 - 1443 "
    3/15/21 - 989 "

No step counts for 3/5 and 3/13 because the pedometers weren't behaving right.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine 2
    replied
    I did walk 1000 steps yesterday, thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Glad to know you are beginning to get back to your normal Sunshine. The 2nd shot can cause a wallop, but I hope you are about through yours and then you will be fully vaccinated. It is a good feeling.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Congratulations on your second Moderna, Sunshine. Good that the side effects seem to be waning. I hope the walking improves.

ANN

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine 2
    replied
    I was unable to walk and had painful tingling and pre spasm activity 24 hours after my second Moderna shot. Within another 24 hours, the tingling was gone. Unsure about the walking: will try it later.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Originally posted by agate View Post
    The question is always, "How much can I get away with?" I can't ever figure it out right somehow.
    That IS the MS question. Definitely.

ANN

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Virginia, getting so tired you can't sleep is the pits. Congratulations on getting so much accomplished, though!'

The question is always, "How much can I get away with?" I can't ever figure it out right somehow.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Wow, Virginia, you were Wonder Woman yesterday. You have truly earned your aching back and fatigue.

Treat yourself to a book and some chocolate and maybe a heating pad.

You rock!
    ANN

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Yesterday I did a foolish thing and I am paying today. I went to the grocery store and shopped up and down every isle in there. I stocked up on things that I could. At the end, the last isle, I was afraid I wasn't going to make it back to the check out, but finally got everything loaded in car.

When I got home it took 4 loads to bring everything down my walk and up the six steps. I almost called a neighbor, but I was too tired to engage in any conversation so I kept sliding my feet along. I then unloaded groceries and put them away, which took a long time. Mailman must be off because I hadn't received any mail in a long time, so I had swung by my mailbox in my car and I had to go through all that. Then I took 2 loads of trash out going up and down 9 more steps and 2 loads of recycling going the same steps.

I was too tired to sleep much at all last night, so today I am worn out completely. The only thing I have done is washed two loads of clothes and I will make my bed later when I feel a little more rested. I am suffering backaches now when I try to walk much or stand much. That is adding to an already situation that is not good.

Hope Sunshine is just busy with her usual IVIg or other routine Doctor appointments. Not that any Doctor appointments are really routine. I don't think we have seen her in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Agate, you just keep on getting those high numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus
    replied
    Going in the right direction! (Literally and figuratively)

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Average daily step count for February (based on 24 days): 1,647 steps/day

Slightly better than January's average, 1,520.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X