Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agate
    replied
    I like to think it is, Virginia. It's easier to use than the old one. It has a much easier reset button, for instance.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    But, on the other hand the newer pedometer might be completely accurate!

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Whee! The newer pedometer does record considerably more steps than the older one, and so in a way these figures are a bit of a cheat.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Agate, on my iPhone, 2000 steps equals 9/10th of a mile. You have some “over a mile” days there.

ANN

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Step counts:

1/12/21 - 2328 steps
    1/13/21 - 1367 "
    1/14/21 - 2519 "
    1/15/21 - 1781 "
    1/16/21 - [no data]
    1/17/21 - [no data]
    1/18/21 - 1550 steps
    1/19/21 - 2521 "
    1/20/21 - 1330 "
    1/21/21 - 1002 "

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    Agate, your place is so tidy that it would be a breeze to clean. I'll stop by and do it while Peter comes an irons my blouses.
    Thanks, Virginia! I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump from Raleigh! Right around the corner in a manner of speaking.*

*2,870 mi. as the crow flies.

No, Sam, there's no crow just now.

Sam was about to volunteer to eat crow.
    Last edited by agate; 01-23-2021, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Agate, your place is so tidy that it would be a breeze to clean. I'll stop by and do it while Peter comes an irons my blouses.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    It was "just" a recliner that Virginia flipped over.

For years I kept a record of the heavier objects in my place and made sure I actually moved them once a year or so to make sure that the area under them got thoroughly cleaned, and while I was at it I always gave the heavy objects a good dusting. If it was a bookcase, I'd take the books out and dust them and dust off the bookcase itself.

It's been quite a while since I did this kind of project. Yes, it's nice to feel you're doing what you can to keep the air clear of dust but when you have to pay for that level of cleanness with a backache, I wimp out.

I do envy Virginia her clean place though and hope she'll just swing by here and clean mine.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Well done, Sunshine.

Did Virginia say she flipped a couch over?

ANN

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine 2
    replied
    Yesterday I walked 1200 steps
    Today I swam 27 minutes and plan to hit 1,000 steps when the meds kick in.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    I did nothing in particular yesterday, no strenuous physical exertion other than laundry, and yet all day I've had a pain in the left side of my neck and shoulder. I probably pulled something out of whack while sleeping.

I was going to do the Copaxone shot in an arm today but decided to do the thigh instead because twisting my arms into a pretzel do do the shot isn't something I feel up to at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    I vacuumed the house this afternoon. I even turned my heavy recliner over on its side and vacuumed under it. It is very heavy. Now I have a back ache, but I feel better about the overall house. Still lots to do.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Oooh, more accolades!

I'm afraid I probably don't deserve them. My two competing pedometers are both apt to be very inaccurate.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    I have never seen anyone as determined and amazing as Sunshine. You just keep going no matter how difficult the road is. Agate, is also a person who perseveres. That is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine 2
    replied
    Yesterday I walked 1000 steps.
    Today I swam. I am now prepping for dinner and then rest until 4:20 when teh walking starts again and serving supper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X