Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 2021 chitchat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm sure many of us are happy to be ushering the year 2020 out. Let's hope that this new year will bring everyone here health and good luck--and as much chocolate as we want! And lots of good movies to watch and good books to read and good music to listen to!

I'm expecting good things from 2021.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Happy New Year all!!!

And I went to my online banking account first thing this morning, and here is an extra $600. Politics at work!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Me too, Howie! Little holiday elves up bright and early on New Year's Day and busily handing out real money--remarkable.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

No extra $600.00 in mine. Guess you two have a special "in" with someone in high places.

I called my brother and he and his wife are about the same. She had a kind of rough night last night, but was feeling a little better this afternoon. He was about the same as yesterday. They do not have an appetite. I guess this disease is up and down and just takes a lot of time.

Agate, thanks for the New Year's card you posted. I wanted to do it before I went to bed, which turned out to be about 2:30AM, but I knew I would just take another hour trying and still not be able to do it. That is the one thing that eludes me on the computer. Otherwise I guess I do pretty well. I remember being able to do it at one time, but I don't remember how I did it. Also my keyboard has changed as has my program. I have actually wondered if there is something wrong with my keyboard. Probably not - it's probably me.

Happy New Year everyone!
        Virginia

Comment

Virginia, usually when I try to post an image, it's still trial and error. I try several different options in the hope that one of them will work. "Copy image" often works now, and that is nice because it's easier. "Copy image address" is another option I often use but it's a bit more involved. "Save image as" can be one way to go but it means saving the image on your computer, then transferring it over to wherever you want it to show up.

If you usually do images as attachments, everything I just said might not mean much to you. I hardly ever do them as attachments and don't remember much about how to do that.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Congratulations on your stimulus checks. I still haven't received the first one! I had to return the one sent to me and Jim.

My computer came back on this morning after a long time to reboot. Then, in the afternoon, it froze. I had to shut it down again, and endure an hours long reboot to get here. My darling friend rescued me on the phone last night and several times today to walk me through the process of getting it working again, and keep it working until I can get a new iMac. I would be lost without her and her wonderful family.

Initially, we hoped that John could take my old iMac to a nearby Apple store to have the data transferred. Nope. All of the Apple stores are closed, so it is on line only transactions.

The wait for a new iMac is from Feb 3 on. So, my sweet little old lady iMac just needs to hold on for a few more weeks. I'm going to do what I can not to overtax her. Her OS is 5 or 6 generations behind today's iMac. She is the epitome of me.

I am just so grateful that she continues to serve me after all of these years, allowing me to connect with all of you, and research medical issues, cancer, et al.

We're going to attempt to back up my computer to an external hard drive, with the hope that I can save everything and transfer it to the new iMac. Everyone assures me that I will love the new iMac, as I'm sure I will, but it will require adjustment and learning. But the frustration and fear that I will lose my connection to the world and those I love is far more stress than figuring out new technology.

Virginia ~ I continue to pray for your brother and sister-in-law. And, I wanted to clarify from the last chit chat thread that I didn't mean for them to go to the doctor's office, only to call in to let the doctor know how they are. The doctor might be able to prescribe something for them, have a telemedical conference with them, ask them to chart their symptoms. This is what I would do, if I had COVID, or someone I was caring for had COVID.

I know that our medical/hospital systems are overwhelmed. California is just surging nonstop. But, if your brother and/or sister-in-law can call into a nursing hot line or the on call doctor for their doctor, then they could get advice and guidance. They are Seniors, and your brother has a heart condition. They should qualify for some kind of assistance via phone or internet.

I think that AARP and/or United Health Care have a 24 hour nurse hotline. I'm just thinking of them getting some relief, and they're on their own, without professional advice.

Sending healing, positive energy, prayers and love to all for a significantly better 2021!

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose, they did call the Doctor the day after my SIL was diagnosed. That is how they got additional nausea medicine for her.

My brother has been reading on the CDC website, also our health department website and places like Webmed.

Unless one of them gets to a point they need fluids or something that they can do for them, the only thing we can do is pray they will get better. I am glad my youngest brother lives close to them. I don’t want him exposed but he can at least get them food and anything they need.
              Last edited by Virginia; 01-01-2021, 09:17 PM.
              Virginia

Comment

Rose and others, I don't know if this will clear anything up but it's what I could find about those stimulus payments:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                  Rose, they did call the Doctor the day after my SIL was diagnosed. That is how they got additional nausea medicine for her.

My brother has been reading on the CDC website, also our health department website and places like Webmed.

Unless one of them gets to a point they need fluids or something that they can do for them, the only thing we can do is pray they will get better. I am glad my youngest brother lives close to them. I donít want him exposed but he can at least get them food and anything they need.
                  Which nausea med did they give her? I battle nausea daily and use a couple of things that barely do the trick.

Comment

Happy 2nd day of the year!
                    Here in western MA we have not been hammered with bad weather. One big snow storm that has already melted. We had big piles of snow that I thought would be here until spring. Now they are gone.

Yesterday I made a stew of potatoes, escarole , tomatoes onions. ( all foods we are producing in the greenhouse). Not sure what else I put in but it was really yummy. And corn pancakes for breakfast with our own corn. The new year is getting off to a good start!

Hope you are all staying well and busy enough.
                    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Linda, your food sounds so good.

Sunshine, when I talk to them again I will ask what kind of nausea medicine their PCP gave my SIL. They gave her some the night my brother took her to the ER, but it wasn't helping so her Doctor phoned in another Rx. I am so sorry you are having nausea. That is a really bad thing to have something like that and not be able to get rid of it.
                      Virginia

Comment

Sunshine, I talked to my SIL and the name of the nausea medicine her Doctor gave her was Promethazine. You may have already taken this one.

SIL is much better and we feel on the way to recovery. Brother seems to be a couple of days or so behind her. He said he wanted them to get tested in the next couple of days or so to see if they are now negative. TG!
                        Virginia

Comment

Virginia ~

I'm so glad that your SIL is improving, and that your brother seems to be mending. I hope his fever is gone, and his SATS are holding steady. How wonderful it is that you are all looking out for each other.

Is there a certain amount of time after contracting COVID, before retesting is recommended? As in, do you have to be symptom free? Or at least fever-free for a few days? I don't know. Maybe they could get a home test kit?

How long has it been since you saw your SIL? You should be well into the 10-14 day quarantine. I give thanks that you are well, and that your brother and SIL are recovering. May it continue to be so.

Sunshine ~

I'm so sorry that you have nausea. Jim was given prescriptions for two different nausea meds during chemo, but I can't remember their names now. These are common, typical meds for nausea given to all cancer patients. Neither one worked for him.

Are you still using MMJ? That might help your nausea. I know THC worked for Jim and for a friend of ours, as she went through chemo. In fact, Jim's oncologist suggested it, but Jim was ahead of him on that.

All medications have side effects, and then we take meds to combat those side effects, which also have side effects. It can be a continuing circle of trying to achieve a balance.

Healing prayers for you ~

Linda ~

How I wish that I could enjoy your harvest fresh from the field or the greenhouse. Nothing tastes better than fresh vegetables, fruits, and herbs.

agate ~

I'm having computer issues, so I wasn't able to access your link. Thank you for reaching out to me with a response. I ordered stamps on 12/17, and they still haven't been delivered. So, I have little faith that I will ever see a stimulus check.

Sending all healing, positive energy, love, prayers, and hope for a better future ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Thanks Virginia.
                            I take 8 tabs of zofran daily plus Gaviscon 4 times a day. I will ask about your SILís meds

Comment

Sunshine ~

Zofran is one of the nausea meds Jim tried. He had a side effect, but I can't recall now what it was. It didn't help his nausea, so he stopped taking it. I looked up Promethazine on our Drug Info link:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

You might want to check for interactions with any of the meds you are currently taking.

I hope that everyone has been enjoying a pleasant Sunday.

Our weather is stunning, which is a blessing. Very few sirens today, but I still don't know whether that is a good thing or not a good thing. We're reaching a point here, where decisions about who has the best chance of surviving are being made. I think California is using a euphemism of "Crisis" mode to soften the blow of what that means.

On the local news, a couple of state officials declared that decisions will be based solely on chances for survival, not age, gender, race, etc. I call brussel sprouts on that one, because I'm sure they'd take one look at me and send me to the end of the line. And, I would want them to do that to save a younger person or someone with a chance of full recovery. If I had children, a husband, a family, or people, who needed me, I might feel a desire to be given the chance. So, I would gladly give my chance to someone, who has others, who need them.

I spent several hours today with my dear, patient, and knowledgeable friend backing up my old computer. When it was all done successfully, my modem was just exhausted. So my friend told me to unplug it for a minute, plug it back in and wait. And now I'm here, because that simple fix worked. This is a huge relief for me, and now I will order my new iMac, most likely the last computer I will purchase. I just realized today that my computer is actually 11 years old.

John has been installing new LED light bulbs for me over the past several months assuring me that they will last 15 years. Yes, but will I last for that duration? It's good to know that I won't have to replace light bulbs again.

Being up to date with a new computer will be wonderful and reduce a tremendous amount of stress for me, once it's all set up and in place. It's getting to that point, which can be tiring.

Blessings to all ~ be safe, be well, be strong and find joy wherever you can ~

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
                              X