July chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July chitchat

Somehow we raced through June and here's July. The loud fireworks started up here over a week ago, and so I knew July was on its way.

What's going on in your life?

I'm on my way to the dentist tomorrow. I hope that will be uneventful, with no root canals or extractions in the offing.

I hope that everyone is doing well and not finding summer too hot.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

SOMEBODY is up late. Well I guess that makes two of us. Tomorrow will be trash day. I've really put it off lately. So tomorrow, it's all gone. My kitchen will thank me for it.

Then Thursday is going to be bill paying, and shopping day. I figured I may as well do it the day before payday thanks to the stimulus money.

So everyone have a great day, and wipe that drool off of Virginia's chin.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, my salmon and salad were better last night than the night before. I had saved more dressing than I thought, so I had plenty. Ate every bite and was drooling from that.
      Virginia

Comment

Well, I finally talked myself into taking the trash to the dump. It's 90 here today, but I got it done. Then I got my mail on the way back in. I got to use my new key. They did replace the whole lock. I looks just like the other ones, just cleaner and shinier.

I'll get my bills ready to mail in the morning as I head out to do my shopping. It's only two, but taxes made it 3 last month. The other bills are on auto-pay.

Just going to rest for awhile, then fix something to eat. Everyone have a great day, and month.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

IVIG went well enough today. Letís see if there is any benefit over the next day or day. No pain right now..

Comment

Sunshine, glad treatment went well.

Howie, glad you could access your mailbox again and pick up your purchases!

Virginia, that salad sounds so good, I'm going to try to replicate it at home and make it myself. You had me drooling too.
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Sunshine, hope there are some good results from this IVIG.

Agate, thanks for getting this thread started this month. I don't know what is wrong with me these days, but I cannot keep up with what day of the week it is let alone the date. Somehow, I just sometime think Sunday is Monday and on and on. Is anyone else getting their days and dates mixed up now that we are pretty much totally at home?

Susie, this salad had quite a lot of walnuts and I am talking about whole halves, and also a good many cranberries.
              Last edited by Virginia; 07-01-2020, 04:56 PM.
              Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I never know what day it is. I know what today is because I wrote checks for all my bills, and have them ready to mail off tomorrow. But after that, I lose track for the rest of the month.

Not having to work makes you that way. It makes you live the way we are supposed to, one day at a time.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I'm hoping you won't have to get out your pliers. Trips to the dentist can so often mean more trips to the dentist, and today's trip was like that.

There's a lonesome molar remaining in my lower left jaw and it's very important for me to have that tooth to eat with. For some years the dentist has been scaring me with tales of how "thin" and "crumbly" it's looking and how it needs to be watched, etc. A while back it seemed as if part of it might have broken off, and the Xray today indicated that that might have happened.

Also there's a fracture in it, and it's been filled with two different types of filling. So it's a Problem now, and a crown is recommended.

So that will be a big expense, and it has to be done soon. I may lose the tooth anyway. At least getting a crown won't be too uncomfortable. If it has to be pulled, of course I'll go to Howie, who seems to know how to pull teeth.

Is there talk about another stimulus check?
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    Susie, this salad had quite a lot of walnuts and I am talking about whole halves, and also a good many cranberries.
                    Virginia, I've written down everything you've said is in it and looked up how to blacken salmon.

I'll probably make it mild as I don't like spicy food.

Sounds so good!
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Well, we got paid today. I see tomorrow is a holiday, but I really don't know which one. OH, the 4th of July weekend. See what that first sip of coffee can do?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Agate, so sorry about your tooth. Going to the Dentist can be, not only unpleasant, but very, very expensive. I hope you have Dental insurance. I do not and it cost me a fortune to go to the Dentist.

I think going to Howie is a good idea, but due to virus and risk in traveling I think you should get him to come there. It's easy to stick a cat and a pair of plyers in a little suitcase.

Suze, hope you try it and enjoy!

Howie, did the coffee make you more alert or less, since sometime it puts you to sleep?
                        Virginia

Comment

:) Yesterday I went to get my RX's at the Walgreen's drive thru. I had called both in the night before and the recording said they would be ready after 11 AM.

Every month only one is ready and I have to wait 30 minutes in the parking lot for the other to be filled. The one they don't fill has a copay of $31. but they have my credit card on file.

From the time I got in line until the time I got the second RX was one hour and fifteen minutes. This is really annoying. It has happened three times now. I do not know how to get them to change it.

I also went thru the drive thru at Arby's and got a BLT sandwich. They make really good ones.

I talked to my SIL last night. They have treated her like she has Covid and even put her on a respirator for awhile. She said they have drained fluid from her lungs several times and one of her feet is swollen. She is on liquid feedings and IV's.

She is going to have to go to a rehab after this. I am praying her strength comes back so she can go home as she lives alone. Please add her to your prayers. Thanks, Jeanie :)

Comment

Virginia, the coffee put me to sleep this time, and I just woke up. One mug puts me to sleep, but 2 mugs will keep me awake. My coffee maker broke so that's why just one mug, but I hope I'll be able to fix it. It's brand new!!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, you go through so many coffee makers - coffee makers and computers!

Jeanie, I am so sorry about your sister-in-law. What a shame. From what you said it sounds as though they did not entirely know for sure what she had. I hope she will be able to go home and be safe on her own.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X