No announcement yet.

Other sources of masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Agate. The important point is that bandannas and gaiters do not work. In fact, fleece baclavas make things worse by turning large droplets into many small ones.

Be safe.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-09-2020, 09:23 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Balaclavas and gaiters seem to be popular among athletes, at least baseball players. Since their proximity to each other isn't always 6', they really should be wearing actual masks.

How did homemade cloth masks fare in this study? I couldn't read all of it, thanks to eye strain. Several of my friends are wearing them, and I worry about the protection they provide. They believe that they are safe, as well as fashionable and attractive. They wash them after one wearing, so that seems like extra work. I suppose they also are saving money by not purchasing procedure masks.

Nancy Pelosi seems to have a wide assortment of scarves, which she wears around her neck, then pulls up over her face, when necessary. While pretty, are they safe?

I posted in my Child Neuro thread a few weeks ago that I discovered 2 boxes of Biomasks (50 masks per box) in the garage! I was elated! They have been out of stock for awhile. I found this site, which has them on back order until November:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

They are about $280 for 300 masks. That is less than a dollar per mask.

We've been using BioMasks for years at home, for Jon's and Jim's nurse, John, and when we went to the hospital or a medical facility. They are sturdier than procedure masks, and I think they are comfortable, cover my face well, and cause less fogging of my glasses. I feel more protected with the BioMasks.

Be safe and well, everyone ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose,

“Notably, the researchers report, the best face coverings were N95 masks without valves – the hospital-grade coverings that are used by front-line health care workers. Surgical or polypropylene masks also performed well.

But hand-made cotton face coverings provided good coverage, eliminating a substantial amount of the spray from normal speech.

On the other hand, bandanas and neck fleeces such as balaclavas didn’t block the droplets much at all.”

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Thank you for providing the quote for me.

The news has been covering the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which has attracted about 250,000 people for 10 days. South Dakota's Governor thinks masks are unnecessary, so she won't mandate them or try to stop this annual event.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

"Hey, Babe! Let's go on up to the Sturgis rally! We can eat greasy food, get drunk, throw up and pee in the street! We'll be all crammed together, our sweat dripping, our spit spewing! Polluting the air with our hogs! It's a Dream Summer Vacation!"

This event should be called, "Debauchery Prior to Death."

It would be different, a little, if they all stayed in Sturgis forever. Unfortunately, they will leave and return to their homes in other states.

This is why the U.S. leads the world in COVID-19 cases.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
          X