Messages from Tom Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message from Tom Cat:

The plow man just came to clear off what I didn't get with the blower around 1 AM. Winter finally made it. Stumbled through the snow, through the woods for coffee this morning with Marty. Taking a short nap now, getting ready for the 8/10 of a mile walk to the mailbox. More blowing & plowing in the afternoon. A hot 27 now, with about 3 1/2 in snow. Take care, & stay safe.
    Last edited by agate; 12-30-2020, 05:50 PM. Reason: correcting mailbox walk figure
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, I found one birdfeeder under the eves. It is hanging at the end of the first top window.
      Virginia

Comment

Thanks, Virginia--right you are!
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Ralph)))))) ~

Just looking at those photos, I had to put on a jacket! I'm glad you have the John Deere and the blower, but that still is a lot of work. Do you and Marty have plans for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?

Wishing you a healthy New Year!

agate ~ Thank you so much for sharing Ralph's photos and messages with us.

Virginia ~ Good eye! I still don't see the bird feeder, but I believe you and agate and Ralph that it is there.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
            From TomCat, today. There is a photo:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

There are several turkeys on the snow path in the background. This is 3 days back at Marty's having breakfast. He's had up to 20 hen turkeys in the yard, at one time, in the last week. He had 1 doe also. Other than the birds & squirrels that's been it. Deer & fox tracks in the snow most days. We did have a pileated woodpecker here for a couple of days this week. They sound like a jack hammer when pecking on the trees for bugs. They pull out chunks of wood the size of your small finger with each peck. They are larger than crows. Nice to watch, except when they on the wood siding on your house.

A cool 15' this morning, with an expected high around 30. Still dry here.

Not planning anything for the holidays. Will be picking up a dinner at one of the churches in town with Marty. Take care.

Happy New Year...your posts always remind me that life is infinitely interesting. Thanks
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

From Tom Cat (Wednesday):

This time of the year I check the tracks in the new fallen snow. Today it was mainly deer tracks, some fox, & a few rabbit. Because of the deep snow fall last night, many of the tracks were obscured. Tomorrow morning, with the snow now plowed, the tracks will show up well, especially from the smaller animals. I'll be crawling in early tonight, about 8 or so, since I was blowing snow at midnight yesterday. I was then up at 6:30 AM taking care of snow behind the house. I need to blow things out before the plow guy comes--otherwise he sometimes dumps it in areas I have to move again by hand. So I'll be heading in early. Take care.

Comment

Ralph, be careful when you are out in all that snow by yourself. I hope Marty or someone will check on you everyday.
                Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                  Agate, I found one birdfeeder under the eves. It is hanging at the end of the first top window.
                  There MIGHT be another a couple windows down.

Comment

I had to look up sugar glider. I tried to post a picture but it didn't work.
                    Last edited by Parsi; 01-02-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

From Tom Cat:
                      Wishing all of you a happy new year. Let's hope we all get our COVID-19 vaccinations in the next few months. ...

Cold & snow right now, but the drive & around the house is clear at present. Having some equipment problems as always.

Had neighbor Marty to a hospital yesterday for a MRI of his head. He said the machine sounded like a hammer mill. The doctors don't seem to be certain what is happening. Despite the 2 quarts of liquid they took off his one lung, they haven't got a good idea what is happening. Physically he feels fine, except for aches & pains we all have doing work moving snow & the like after many years. Mentally Marty's having a struggle, like any of us would, not knowing what is happening.

Anyway we had a good take-out Chinese dinner at a restaurant on the way back from the hospital.We'll be finishing the rest of it today. Anyway slept through whatever fireworks or gun fire there was out in the country last night. Up to a few years back I use to fire off my swivel gun cannon, every New Year's Eve at a local pub in the country. I'll probably have it out later this year. Not something you really want to do by yourself.

Still cleaning things up inside, & snow outside. The cats come up to be petted now & then. They jumped up on the bed several times last night. More than usual. I checked in the morning to find the food bowls empty. After I filled them, they ate, & now are curled up by the floor heat ducts.

Had some tufted titmice on a feeder this morning & a red-breasted woodpecker. Deer, rabbit, fox, & squirrel tracks all over. But haven't seen any turkey for a week now.

Thanks for having me on board. Take care, & I send all of you a virtual hug.

Comment

((((((Ralph)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that Marty is having health issues. Two quarts of fluid off a lung is quite concerning. I know, as I went through that with both of my sons. Usually means pneumonia, but if he has no other symptoms of pneumonia, I'm at a loss to think of what it might be. Congestive heart failure comes to mind, but that would be determined through cardiac tests.

I'm praying that Marty is receiving good medical care, and that you are both safe from COVID after going to the hospital. Such unsettling times now.

I also pray that all of your equipment problems resolve easily. You have a very full plate, Ralph.

Sending healing, positive energy to you and Marty. Be safe.

Thank you for your virtual hugs!

agate ~ As always, thank you for connecting us with Ralph.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I hope to catch up soon here. I've been relearning the Copaxone routine and busy with first-of-the-month and first-of-the-year odds and ends.

From Tom Cat (Monday):
                          Good late morning! Not much happening, with no real snow coming in this week. Some foggy mornings, causing icing up on county roads. Need to go slow to my bimonthly blood draw & hemoglobin shot. It's about 25 miles away. Temperatures tuning in the 20's these days, which is above average.

Now for Parsi: I found pictures of the sugar gliders on one of the search engines. They're in Australia, & run in size from about the size of a mouse to grey squirrels. They raise some of them for pets there. Some of them in size & colours look close to our flying squirrels, but in a totally different animal family. What I found unusual is they are not described in my my very large Webster unabridged dictionary. From my Science News magazine I had an article on other small gliding mammals. They mention around 60 species of small gliding mammals worldwide, in several different families. My little grey, beady-eyed,, cute flying squirrel was in the bedroom window bird feeder a night ago. He/she stayed there for about a half hour. It was nice to see the flying squirrel back.

And now for Virginia. Marty & I call each other around 8AM each morning. I usually go over there each morning. We have coffee, & something to eat each morning together.

All of you take care, & stay safe.

Comment

I wonder if they did a COVID test on Marty? I am finding through my brother and SIL that it takes different turns and different ways of showing up. My SIL had a ringing in her ears for a week or more before she came down with it.

Agate, when you get some time just find out if Marty was tested if you can please. No need to send my above message to Ralph.

Thanks
                            Virginia

Comment

From Tom Cat on Monday:
                              My Monday blood draw came out great. It was the highest hemoglobin count I've had since I started about 5 years back. I didn't even need a shot. That was good.

The deer have been back at Marty's in the morning. A large doe & a young one from this year. He throws a little corn out each day, & they eat it half the time. The mourning doves eat the most, & crows, & the squirrels eat the growing end mainly. The white growing tip of corn is the highest part with protein, which the squirrels prefer.

Getting ready to have a dental check in the morning. Trying to catch up on paper work in between. Take care.

Comment

And from Tom Cat today:
                                These are some of the sparkling trees this morning and now.

You may tell Virginia that Marty has had a test for COVID-19 at least 3 times now. He's had the fast test and the more time-consuming one. All has been negative. My health organization has yet to offer me a test, despite my asking, and they having 6-plus hospitals in less than a 50-mile radius.

I'm not sure how to set up for the COVID-19 vaccination when it becomes available here for seniors. Besides states, it looks like each hospital has its own priorities on vaccinating. It's times like these that the national guard was originally set up to do. We expect our military to be apolitical.

Take care, and stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X