No announcement yet.

OT April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omar Sharif was the name that popped into my head when I saw you guys mention the movie. I don't think I've ever seen it. At least I was right about Omar being in it.

The new litter didn't make any difference. Sam used it, but Seven went right in the middle of the hall. Oh well, I tried.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sam may need to see a Vet for a uti. She msy need antibiotics.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Agate and Ann, I have a Doctor's appointment Wednesday. I have known since my last blood check with Neurologist in early February that my thyroid medication needs to be changed. My thyroid is low again. I usually do not put that off, but my new Primary Care Doctor is just not someone who works well with people. Also, I am not sure how competent she is. I dread her being the one to change this medication. I had already thought of asking if she would also do a urinalysis to see if I need an antibiotic. She might make me go back just for that, but I hope not.

My only Easter plans are to meet one brother and his wife for dinner tomorrow evening at 5PM. All others are busy or out of town. I hope I feel like going because I really need to go to the grocery store. My sister-in-law has not been doing any cooking lately, which I anticipated. She usually does not cook in the summer and she likes to go to their condo at the beach.

What is everyone else doing for Easter? I feel sure Jeanie will be with one or both of her sons. Ann will be with Peter, Cat will be with Tom, Howie will be with Sam and Seven, Agate may be doing something with her son and daughter-in-law.
        Virginia

Comment

We are having Peter's mother here for a salmon dinner.

Peter took me shopping to a local place called, Russo's. They have outdoor and indoor flowers as well as all matter of fresh groceries, deli, hot food and bakery. I negotiated a trip there as a birthday present. We went this past Weds afternoon. I got a bunch of deep purple stock and small white gerberas to make a bouquet; a pot of purple hyacinths ("for they will feed my soul"); and an Easter lily. Also key lime cookies from their bakery. First ingredient is butter!

Peter bought edibles and unbeknownst to me, a flat of orange and purple pansies. After we were home he potted two big pots for our front steps.

And today I received a new doormat for outside the front door.

Tomorrow is cleaning. Ugh.
          ANN
          Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-14-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

:) Happy Easter everyone. Andy may come over tomorrow but I'm not sure. I bought some Easter candy for him if he does. I hope we can go eat out. I have heard nothing from Jim. I guess they are busy at the church. Feel better Virginia. Jeanie :)

Comment

I just finished talking to my brother until someone's phone went dead. But he called back, and we always tell each other "I love you brother" to end a call.

He's doing really well, got a little sideline income making sign stuff to sell online. Makes a few hundred extra per month. I know that has to be nice.

Well, it's Friday night, both cats have come back here while I was on the phone, and it's because I haven't given them my/their sliced turkey today, but next time I go to the kitchen, I'll get them some. Cats!!!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

My plan is to look st the ocean on Sunday. Even if no one else can meet up. The NE winds have been so strong for a week now, that surfing has been a no go. Even breathing salty air is a tonic for the soul, and for the chronic lung problems.

Comment

yeah, Tom Cat and the 3 furkids and I will share a lamb shoulder roast. I found it at the grocery some time ago, on sale, bought it and stashed it in the freezer. I thawed it yesterday, and it's marinating today, ready to roast tomorrow. I heated up some already cooked pork ribs from the deli for lunch today. Made a whole bunch of mashed potatoes -- Tom Cat said enough to feed an army! == with the expectation we'd have leftovers that I'd just have to re-heat for tomorrow. And bought a bunch of asparagus== we have some in the yard, but it's not up yet. So lamb roast (I LOVE lamb!!), mashed taters and asparagus for tomrrows dinner. We don't actually celebrate Easter, though .. not any more special a day than any other Sunday...

Nice here today! Was storming overnight, and a bit this morning, but right now the sun is out, we opened all the windows, a nice breeze is blowing through the house...Achoo!!! and all the pollen....
                    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Cat, I've never had lamb, but I'll bet it's good. And asparagus I've never had, but just the smell of it is horrible, well to my nose anyway. Dad ate it and loved it, but I don't think any of us kids liked it.

I just went to the store which is late for me. And it's HOT out, but it went okay, and I'm in, drinking coffee. Hot out, I'm still sweating, and I drink coffee. You would think there's something wrong with my brain!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Never had lamb? I haven't had any for years but recall nice little lamb chops and legs of lamb being very tasty but it doesn't taste like beef, veal, or pork at all. It has its own special taste, and some people don't like it.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Lamb does taste different but there are other meats I'd rather have. I LOVE asparagus though!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

I love lamb and veal...they taste somewhat the same. Like goat, but the leftovers smell really bad. When we have goat, it's a one-shot deal and any leftovers get tossed outside, away from the house.
                            Mutton, however...grown sheep....ugh. Musty smelling and tasting. Only had it once..which was quite enough.

Yes, asparagus can smell bad to some folks. And when you've eaten asparagus...and then, later, pee...THAT smells really bad! :) Cabbage and its family -- cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts...all smell bad, too. And a vegetable I don't like....brussels sprouts. Ugh.
                            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Well, I'll have my whole meal with Cat and TC. I like everything she is having. I want it all - lots of lamb, mashed potatoes and asparagus. It just doesn't get much better than that.

I went earlier and ate with my brother and sister-in-law. We went to the place where my sister-in-law and I have shrimp and grits. It was so good today. We both said it was the best we had had in a long time. Then we walked next door to Menchies and had ice cream. That was good also. I saved enough shrimp and grits to bring home for tomorrow and I stopped at Panera on the way home and got a greek salad. I also went to the grocery store earlier and picked up some stuff, so guess I am alright for now.
                              Virginia

Comment

Glad you got out and that you are feeling better, Virginia.

ANN

Comment

Working...
                                X