No announcement yet.

OT April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are just the Compleat's dinners. With coleslaw and bread, they make ONE good meal, and I could easily eat it all, but always leave some for the girls, because that's the kind on cat daddy I am.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

If those cats don't know that they have a very good deal going there for themselves, I'll be happy to tell them.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

That's a generous offer, but I tell them multiple times each day that daddy sure treats them mighty good, and they have it made around here. They just turn a deaf ear, and make me feel like I'm talking to myself.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

:) The lady came Saturday and cleaned my house and the guest room. My friend from Canada is supposed to arrive today. Her plane was scheduled to land at 11:45 but she called and she got changed from Air Canada to United and will not arrive until 5:15. She is always nervous and I am worried that her luggage may not have gotten onto United. I think I am going to park and go in in case she has problems.

Kim worked last night (she is a nurse) and so she has not had much sleep either. When she arrives I will take her to dinner and then home so she can sleep. I have not seen her for 17 years. She moved back to Canada when her Dad got sick. She took care of him while working until he died last year. Some days she has had to go to work in 40 below zero weather. She is looking forward to getting a tan while here.

I bought a recliner chaise so she can sun in the backyard. While she is here we will be going to AA meetings almost daily. I am so tired this AM and I hope I get some energy quick. How are Rose, Jim and Jon doing? I am continuing my prayers for all of you. Jeanie :)

Comment

Jeanie, you are such a good and generous friend. No matter how tired or bad you feel, you manage to do for others. I hope you do not tire yourself out too much while your friend is visiting. You didn't say how long she will be staying.

I hope you do have some fun while she is here and that both of you enjoy catching up with everything.
            Virginia

Comment

Jeanie, that's so impressive--seeing a friend you haven't seen in 17 years! I hope that the visit will turn out well and that you won't tire yourself out.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You're a good friend Jeannie. She will be exhausted!

You can tell the tourists. They're always burnt like a red lobster. They don't know how strong florida sun is. And they dint reapply sunscreen often enough.

Comment

Good morning, Good morning, Good morning!!! (The Beatles)

I was up by 7. I went to bed at 10. What's happening to me? Am I getting civilized in my old age? Let's hope not.

Lately, I've been having these long, detailed dreams. It's like they are a leftover from the Lyrica. That had the same effect on my dreaming. I hope the nice dreaming will continue.

I'm having my coffee and creamer, and fed the cats, but as soon as this coffee cup is empty, I do my cat chores. Seven has been good for a few days, but left a surprise just in front of a litter box. At least I got a break from that for a few days.

It's going to rain all day today. Good napping weather. No use letting it slip by without at least "resting my eyes".

Everyone have a great day!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Get up now, it's almost afternoon here.

I had a wonderful dream just before I woke up. I would tell you about it, but this is a family oriented forum. I'm working on my second mug of coffee. I still need to do my cat chores, but they both have had their morning turkey. I have a new package I will open later.

A UFO movie was just on. Made back in black and white film days. It was boring.

Everyone have a great day!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have a hard time taking antibiotics. They either make me sick or worse they cause a flair of my MS. The Doctor is giving me
                      Nitrofurantoin. Anyone know anything about this drug? Anyone ever taken it? I hope it is not in the floxin family.
                      Virginia

Comment

I just sent an e-mail requesting that I be given Augmentin instead of Nitrofurantoin. I do have some problems with that drug also, however I did not like possible side effects with the Nitrofurantoin, especially the mention of peripheral neuropathy. I do have that as a side effect of the MS already.

I will not be able to pick this medicine up until Saturday I don't think. I am really paying for yesterday.
                        Virginia

Comment

You can find out about every medication here. Drugs.com

Albert Einstein

Comment

I've taken it as Macrodantin. I don't recall any bad side effects except that some antibiotics result in diarrhea for me.

It's not one of the fluoroquinolones. Just in case this is of interest, the common fluoroquinolones are:

• Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
                            • Gemifloxacin (Factive)
                            • Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
                            • Moxifloxacin (Avelox)
                            • Norfloxacin (Noroxin)
                            • Ofloxacin (Floxin)

Good luck with this medicine, Virginia. I found this at rxlist.com:

Patients should be advised to take Macrobid with food (ideally breakfast and dinner) to further enhance tolerance and improve drug Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register.... Patients should be instructed to complete the full course of therapy; however, they should be advised to contact their physician if any unusual symptoms occur during therapy.
                            Patients should be advised not to use antacid preparations containing magnesium trisilicate while taking Macrobid.
                            Taking it with a meal can really help to cut down on the side effects.

Comment

Thanks so much Agate. I am waiting to see if they change the prescription to Augmentin. I just hate the idea of taking any antibiotic. They usually exacerbate my MS symptoms a lot.

Anyone got any idea how I can find out what is going on with my Thyroid? I have two different lab reports on my health charts and they are completely opposite.
                              Virginia

Comment

About the thyroid results--have you compared them closely enough to see what the normal range is? Different labs have different normal ranges--usually not extremely different but different enough so that a test result would be normal from one lab but abnormal from another lab.

Comment

Working...
                                X