No announcement yet.

OT April Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ann! It was kind of nice just being the 3 of us, not that I don't enjoy it when the others go, but it was quite and I felt like having a quite evening. Also, when it is less people we talk about things that we don't get to when others are around.

Hope your salmon dinner with your mom-in-law will go super good tomorrow. I know that she will enjoy being with you and Peter.
    Virginia

Comment

Sounds like you had a very active evening, Virginia! Hope that means you found some extra energy! Glad you enjoyed it!
      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Virginia,, you keep on keeping on,, {as June Carter would say},,

Hoppy Easter.. lasagna was requested for dinner today,, grandkids came up,, and their dad,, and my strawberry shortcake cake,, which my granddaughter asked me to make for her birthday ,,

not much else,, rain showers off and on all day

later
        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Hi all, sorry I haven't checked in lately. Got the flu a few weeks ago and ended up spending a night in the hospital on oxygen, when my oxygen saturation got too low. Lots and lots of unproductive, unsatisfying coughing, which made it impossible to talk and very exhausted. They let me come home only if I had oxygen available at home, which my husband arranged. Didn't use it much, and didn't get much sleep for more than a week. Finally found that a humidifier helped me get some sleep. No coughing for three days now! Yay! Influenza A is especially bad this year. I haven't been sick in 15 years. I rarely go out, so I'm not exposed to people much, but Hubby got it first and I caught it from him. Think I'll keep him anyhow.

No company for Easter. Kids live too far away and 6-10 hour drives are not fun with little ones. We consider ourselves lucky if we get to see them twice a year. I do get a picture almost daily. Here is the latest . . . egg hunter and a coy smile. They are the light of my life!
          Attached Files

Comment

What a gorgeous happy baby! Made me smile :)

Flu is very scary. Two years ago I got it despite vaccination. Tamiflu shortened it but it was still bad and morphed into pneumonia. Doc put husband on Tamiflu to prevent him from getting it. He did not get it.

Welcome back to land of living, and get a chest X-ray if breathing problem resurfaces. You can relapse, so take it easy for the first four weeks,

Comment

Sorry you were so sick, Joan. Glad you are better.

Those kids are gorgeous and I want to scoop up the smily-crawly one! Kiss, kiss!

Stay well,
              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Joan, what lovely photos!

I'm glad you're feeling better--what a shame you got hit by the flu, and hit so severely. BBS is right about taking it easy. When I've had flu I recall thinking I was over it and tackling some project or other involving moving around--and then WHAM! I'd be flat on my back recovering from the flu all over again.

You've been missed here!
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I did my bank and store run. The poor cats are out of turkey, so I get some of that and a few other things, get back, and Seven is nowhere to be found. Sam was begging nonstop, and I told her to go find Seven. She will show up, probably when I make ME a meal.

I'm doing the sweat and drink coffee thing. I blame the creamer, it's sooooo good. Now I'm done for the day. Everyone have a great day.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Seven is missing?

It's amazing that even without a lot of space to roam around in, a cat can find a hiding place. I hope she turns up soon and didn't get out the door.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Pneumonia is not good. I'm glad you're feeling better. I always get the flu shot..and had the pneumonia shot a few years ago (it's good for a long time..10 years?)...but of course that's no guarantee you won't get the flu!
                      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Nuthatch, so sorry about your illness. You have obviously been very sick. I hope you will recover completely and soon. By all means keep hubby, but tell him not to give you the flu again. Those two children were precious as babies and now they are growing up to be adorable little ones. No wonder they are the light of your life. So glad to see you back on the forum.

Cat, you made me want mashed potatoes yesterday. So today I cooked some for dinner this evening. I had planned to open a can of asparagus to go with the potatoes and some pork loin that I fixed. I had done a little work today, so I was tired and said the heck with it and just had the potatoes and pork. It was still good. I fixed enough for a couple of days.

Howie, has Seven shown up? Is everything alright?
                        Virginia

Comment

Virginia, my old but sweet girl showed up just like I guessed, when I started me something to eat. That girl likes food, especially MY food.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Good, I will sleep better knowing she is safe and sound.
                            Virginia

Comment

But what about poor Howie? I gave my food to the cats, and now I'm hungry, and can't sleep!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Didn't you just mention turkey and stuffing less than 48 hours ago? The leftovers are all gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X