No announcement yet.

November chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That cinnamon roll sounds like an excellent idea, flatcap.

It's getting cold here too. The annuals on my patio got frostbitten, and the other day I cut them down. They were certainly colorful and easy to maintain for the spring-summer-fall season.

Unfortunately I have entirely too many appointments in the coming month, exactly the sort of weather when I try not to have appointments. The neuro wants lab work done in December, and I'll need yet another trip to the dentist, as well as a checkup on the foot injury with the podiatrist, and then there will (finally) be the COVID booster I should have had months ago.

I'll be going to a supermarket for that and have an appointment but taking the paratransit van there and back may not be so easy as there's probably no waiting area that isn't chilly and drafty. It's the supermarket that is closest to where I live but it's nearly 2 miles away.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Flatcap, do these shoes make your feet feel gravel underneath them. They are not talking about that kind of barefoot are they? I need something that wears really well, but they mention barefoot and insoles and no insoles. Where do they have to come from? Does it take long for them to ship them? I am thinking I might try them.

Agate, I agree that is too many appointments in one month. On the other hand, if you think you can do it then maybe you wouldn't have any the following month which would be January and it might be really cold then.
      ​​​​​​
      Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
        Agate, I agree that is too many appointments in one month. On the other hand, if you think you can do it then maybe you wouldn't have any the following month which would be January and it might be really cold then.
        ​​​​​​
        Good point, Virginia! So far I have only one appointment in January. I'll look forward to hibernating most of that month.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Virginia, the soles of Vivobarefoot shoes are relatively thin, so you do feel more of the ground beneath your feet. I have owned four pairs over the years, and all of them also came with thin, removable insoles. I wear mine with the insoles in place.

According to the website, the OPANKA II has a "leather footbed." Looking at the picture, it appears it is smooth leather, not rough. It is not clear whether it is removable.

If you wonder whether the shoes will work for you, Vivo offers a 100-day trial, and they promise hassle-free refunds. This info and more appears on the right side of OPANKA II page towards the bottom.

As for myself, it did take me a short while to get used to Vivos, but once I did, there was no going back. 'Normal' shoes are torture devices by way of comparison. I will never wear them again, if I can help it.

Shipments come from Europe and take about a week to arrive in the US if you select "Standard" shipping. You can upgrade from there at additional cost.

I would recommend trying them. It's the only way you will ever know if they will work for you. I have a strong feeling you won't regret it. I would also recommend ordering while they are still on sale. I don't know how long the sale will last. It could also mean they are discontinuing the OPANKA II.

Here is the Vivobarefoot OPANKA II page again:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Thanks flatcap, order has been placed. Will let you know how they work out. My foot is very narrow. Will see if I can wear them because I have been getting a wider shoe due to swelling.

My vision is blurred tonight so I will come back tomorrow.
            Virginia

Comment

Working...
            X