No announcement yet.

November chitchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she really wants to be out there, roughing it and hunting down mice, but she doesn't seem to be bouncing out the door every chance she gets.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

When I go grocery shopping, and have a large load to carry in, I hook the storm door open so I can carry everything in. She will occasionally go out. But as soon as I get everything in, I can walk past the door, and there she is, ready to come in. Now and then, she will sit inside, and just look at outdoors, but doesn't go out.

She's turning into a homebody like her daddy. :)
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Knows where her bread is buttered....

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody including Sam. There is a greeting to BrainTalk in general in the Chitchat forum.
        Last edited by agate; 11-24-2022, 09:22 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I have had a great dinner brought to me by my middle brother who ate along with his wife, at my youngest brother's. I tried to go a little lighter on the eating than what was sent to me. I will have a little turkey before bedtime. I don't have any bread, but I can just eat it plain.

I hope Sam and her family are having a good Thanksgiving. There is nothing wrong with being a homebody.
          Virginia

Comment

Homebodies can feel very virtuous about now, in fact. Homebodies aren't burning up gas by traveling around. Homebodies aren't spreading or getting COVID or other bugs that are in the air in winter. Homebodies aren't adding to the crowds out there in airports and on the highways, with people going into fits of road rage.

Comment

I agree Agate, but if I was young and wanted to be home with my family it would be hard not to try to get there, preferably by car. I was a Mama's girl.
              Virginia

Comment

Yes, it would be very hard to be younger and hoping to travel to see family. I can recall riding on very crowded trains sometimes to go and visit my mother. The train would be crowded because everybody else was traveling for the holidays. I seem to recall standing all the way from Chicago to St. Louis, and then changing to a plane to take me to Ark.

The airport there (back around 1960!) was so tiny that I would be the only person "deplaning" and my mother waiting for me would be the only person at the airport. Hard to imagine for anyone used to much bigger airports where chaos seems to reign. At least once I was in a propeller-driven plane that seated only a few people. I really enjoyed flying so close to earth. In jets all you see is clouds.

In those big airports you just have to keep looking for signs to point you where you want to go and make a point of reading the chart showing when your expected plane is supposed to arrive. Just finding a washroom can be a major project.

Comment

And I know I've said it before, but I have never flown, or will in my entire life. I just never had a place to fly to.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, you could probably pilot your own plane. Knowing as much as you do about vehicles, you'd probably find it easy enough.

--And now for gift ideas for Sam. She didn't put me up to this but she might be writing to Santa or something. I don't quite see the need of crocheted garments for cats but here they are:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Sam wants a jet aircraft. She's moved past the propeller driven planes.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This is starting to sound like the movie "Airplane!"

Comment

I think Sam wants one of those crocheted hats. She would look real cute and Christmassy in a red one. She could wear it if anyone happens to drop by and if they don't then Howie could sit and drool over how pretty she is.
                          Virginia

Comment

Virginia, you just planned out how I will spend Christmas. Sam, you really look the role for Christmas. Red is defiantly your color.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I think it's great if Sam is being encouraged to wear red and make a fashion statement. She'll be more visible if she's playing hard-to-find-kitty or whatever that game is that they all play, where they disappear and their human being runs all over the place frantically looking for them.

Comment

Agate, Sam wouldn't do that to her Daddy.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X