Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread--January 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread--January 2022

In Sunshine 2's absence, I'm filling in temporarily with a Keep On Moving thread for January, and let's hope Sunshine 2 can be back soon. You're missed, Sunshine 2!

This is what she wrote to start the December thread:

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesnt have to be exercise! Even Science proves that
    OK, my step count for December averaged out to 1,407 steps/day (based on 27 days). That was a little better than November (1,363).
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Very, very good step count Agate.
    Virginia

Comment

So, I forced myself to drive and get 3 twenty pound bags of birdseed. It will be below zero tonight and freezing tomorrow. So glad I pushed myself out the door. Did not walk much but did lift the 3 bags and put them in place at home and walked to fill the bird feeders. That’s about it.

oh! I watered my greenhouse which took half an hour so I was moving around quite a bit.
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

That watering the greenhouse sounds impressive to me, Linda. LIfting all of that bird seed too!

Yesterday I scooped quite a bit of dirt out of one planter out on the patio and disposed of it. It was about 38' there and so fairly crisp.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Linda and Agate sounds like you both are getting some very good whole body exercise.
          Virginia

Comment

Rather than bring up the plastic storage tub for the tree I carried it down to the basement in stages. After taking off all the branches from the pole, I put a third of them in an accent rug and carried them down to the basement. That's 3 trips up and down the stairs. My exercise for the day.

Comment

Ah, the Christmas tree! I've had my tiny artificial tree for so long that I'd forgotten that the real trees have to be disposed of, and that can be a challenge. Congratulations on cleverly arranging the job so you didn't have to lug the entire tree somewhere all at once, Parsi.

Comment

Parsi's account of getting rid of her Christmas tree reminds me of why I no longer have a real one. For a long time each year after Christmas I would look at my tree and think "now how am I going to get rid of you?" It seemed that every year someone would feel that I should have a real tree (like always). However after Christmas those people disappeared.

I did my leg exercises and squats and sits to stands today. Not up to enough times but hope to get there.
                Virginia

Comment

Went for a short walk with Therapist when she came. I also took my keys and started my car while we were coming back. Just couldn't resist the temptation.
                  Virginia

Comment

Didn't you promise your family you wouldn't be driving, Virginia? Guess we shouldn't tell anyone you did this.

I went out of the building today long enough to meet my son who pulled up in his car, with William riding along, just long enough to get a COVID home test kit. He couldn't find one in any store but I did happen to have one. It's two tests in one box. Both William and his mom tested positive. My DIL had been ill and they had been concerned about what was the matter. Now they know. If they had more tests maybe my son and the roomer could be tested too.

Everyone is supposed to be getting free test kits soon, but I'm not sure how that is going to work.

I also went out of the building to take the trash to the dumpster. The weather is remarkably nice--sunny and about 50'.

Comment

Recent step counts:

1/14 -1791 steps
                      1/15 - 1325 "
                      1/16 - bad pedometer day
                      1/17 - 1348 steps
                      1/18 - 1196 "
                      1/19 - 1822 "
                      1/20 - 803 "
                      1/21 - 1585 "
                      1/22 - 843 "

Comment

Agate, some good days in there.
                        Virginia

Comment

Working...
                        X