Social Security COLA for 2022 announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security COLA for 2022 announced

Social Security's annual Cost of Living Allowance increase will be much bigger than usual this year--5.9%:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Don't spend quite all of it because Medicare payments are going (for most of us) from $148.50 to $158.50.
    Virginia

Comment

I've been excused from paying the Medicare premium for a long time now but might have to start paying it again because this 5.9% increase might put my income over the limit for what they're calling QMB-BASIC here in Oregon. If you qualify as QMB (Qualified Medicare Beneficiary), you get classified as a certain type of QMB. QMB-BAS is the best coverage because it pays that premium for you.

The system is set up so that no one using it ever has much spare cash lying around.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Okay, I am just going to say it: Our Medicare system needs a complete overhaul, as does our Social Security System. Other countries manage to provide this kind of care to elders and to entire populations regardless of age. Why is this so difficult for us?

Every time I turn on the TV, there is an ad for changing Medicare supplement providers ... or, an ad for a drug, which causes every imaginable kind of side effect, including death, but "may work" so "ask your doctor about ..." Aaaagggghhhh!

All of those smiling, gleeful Seniors, walking their dogs, playing tennis, hugging their grandchildren. They are all so HEALTHY and gorgeous!

Real life? Not even close!

And, dental, hearing and eyesight care are "additions" to our Medicare benefits, which Congress is debating currently.

Doesn't everyone, regardless of age, need dental, hearing and eyesight care? Especially if you're a Senior!

The people in power, who make these decisions, are millionaires, and as "public servants" they have a pension and lifetime medical care. This isn't their problem.

That is because we are paying for their benefits with our tax dollars.

Benefits: You know, the ones, which we don't get without dredging out more of the pittance we receive to survive.

Meanwhile, billionaires are launching space ships at $250k a seat, while not paying a cent in taxes.

Parity, anyone?

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

And for some, like me, there will be larger increases in insurance. In addition to what Medicare takes out, my part D Prescription Drug Coverage is going up to over $100.00. Then there is the supplemental policy that I have to carry to pay the difference that medicare pays. Currently this is at $262.00 and is going up, lord knows how much, in January. I don't know if I got a raise.
          Virginia

Comment

Working...
          X