(OT) Captain Kirk in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(OT) Captain Kirk in space

William Shatner (Capt. Kirk) has made it back in one piece and has apparently found that in space there's really no there there. Handsome parachutes at the end.

Last edited by agate; 10-13-2021, 11:55 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you for providing this link. I didn't see it live, so it was nice to watch the video.

Bill was really overcome, when he was talking to Bezos. Interesting that he compared the difference between Earth and space to life and death. At his age, he may be thinking about that transition more than in his younger years. I'm happy that he survived the G force.

The commentators remarked on Bill being used as a marketing tool, and that maybe Bezos was paying Bill for all of his recent appearances on talk shows and news programs. Bill probably loved talking about going into space and having the limelight for awhile.

The cost for the ride is $250,000! I think that was the price of Richard Branson's space trip. I don't know about Musk.

Bill mentioned how "vulnerable" Earth looks and how important it is for us to save our planet. Here's how we will be able to do that: by forcing the billionaire space cowboys to pay taxes.

Think of what we could do for our infrastructure, improving our bridges, roads, train tracks, water systems, etc. with the money these billionaires spend on their toy rockets to space. And what kind of fuel do their rockets use? It ain't flax seed oil!

To me, there was a certain irony in Bill describing the experience and then telling Bezos that we have to save the Earth. Bezos just had a frozen smile the entire time as Bill rambled and even ignored him once at the beginning. I wanted to say, "Bill, Bezos isn't interested in Earth or his impact on doing something to save it. He's interested in MONEY!"

Now, Bill will probably make the rounds on the talk and new shows to describe his experience and how he feels a day or so after it. I am fine with that, because he deserves recognition and his moment in the Sun, especially if he continues to promote healing Earth.

Bezos ~ pay some taxes, Dude!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Yes, if I followed what Shatner said after coming down to earth again, he seemed to be leading to a point where we might all say, "Forget about spending a fortune exploring space and concentrate on making this planet we have livable because it's all we have."
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I'm glad all went well. That's a crowning touch to the life Shatner has lived. Did he see any Klingons?
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

He didn't mention them. And I figure that if he'd happened to notice any new planets, he'd have mentioned it.

Comment

He's doing as Spock told him many times, "Live long and prosper".
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh gosh, if only we had enough money to send Howie up into space, but it would be more than Shatner had to come up with because Sam would insist on going with Howie.

I truly enjoyed hearing him tell about this trip into space. He enjoyed it so much. He was so authentic and excited. He is going to be on The Chris Cuomo show tonight.
              Virginia

Comment

• agate
                agate commented
                Editing a comment
                If anyone deserves a trip into space, it is certainly Captain Kirk. Oh, and Howie. Virginia, you'd like to send Howie into space? Could he take Sam with him? I think it would be easier if they could be together. Maybe there would be a nice kind of cat treat out there somewhere.

You never know.

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

When I watched the video you linked, agate, I was astonished at Bezos' behavior toward Bill after the landing. Bill was clearly in an emotional state and zoned from the experience, but Bezos was more interested in partying with the screaming elites and spraying champagne over everyone.

When Bezos offered Bill champagne, and Bill declined, I felt so bad for Bill. Bill will never get that moment back. The insensitivity of Bezos in that situation went beyond his treatment of Bill and his experience in space. One of Bill's wives was an alcoholic, who drowned in their pool, and Bill found her. I remember when that happened, and Bill was devastated, of course. So, to disrupt Bill's epiphany from his space trip for champagne was just extremely inappropriate. And Bill did differentiate between Earth and Space as Life and Death, which gives more insight to Bill's experience.

To me, it feels like Bezos is using Bill, but in that process, it has generated something profound for Bill, which goes beyond Bezos' manipulation. Bezos wasn't interested in Bill's spiritual revelation. He only sees $$$$$$. Nonetheless, Bill had a spiritual revelation.

Everything has a positive and a negative. We only need to determine which one is accurate and trustworthy.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I too felt it was most unfortunate that Bezos was on the scene. I didn't know that about William Shatner's wife but I agree that champagne shouldn't have been involved.

Comment

He was on the Cuomo show tonight and he emphasized how important it is to save this planet. He said up there it is dark and death and down here is warmth and life.
                  Virginia

Comment

I was thrilled to see him go. If anyone deserved to it is him. Bezo was quite rude at the beginning, I wanted to smack him and tell him to listen. Bezo is an a$$, I think taking William Shatner up is the one good thing he has ever done no matter his motives. Too bad some of that humble, earthly compassion and understanding doesn't wear off on Bozo.

Comment

Bill Gates is a good example of how the super wealthy should behave.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't been following William Shatner over the years but yesterday when I had to consult my first aid handbook, I noticed his photo on the book cover. He wasn't the author but was recommending the book. It was put out by the National Safety Council and was published in 1995. So he must have been much younger than he is now, and in the photo he looks almost exactly the way he does now.
                        Last edited by agate; 10-17-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X