Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redoing earlier poll: Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redoing earlier poll: Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19?

This time the poll will have no end date so that those who drop in here only occasionally can take part in it. Your vote will not be made public.

Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19?
    Yes, I am fully vaccinate
    85.71%
    Yes, but I still need to have the second shot
    0%
    No, but I intend to get the vaccine
    0%
    No, and I don't plan to get the vaccine
    14.29%
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Sorry I didn't proofread this well at all.

The last sentence is supposed to be at the top, and the word "vaccinate" should be "vaccinated" but it's too late to edit.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

And I am the ONE vote who voted, No, and I don't plan to. Oh well.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you for reposting the poll.

Eons ago, I taught company staff how to proofread. The title of my presentation was: Nobody's Perfcet.

I think the two sentences are perfectly placed.

Howie ~

Would you mind sharing with us your reason for not wanting to get the COVID vaccine? I have asked this in other posts/threads for those, who are remaining unvaccinated. It's fine, if you don't want to tell us. I'm just trying to understand better the divide between those, who are and those who are not vaccinated. My first concern is for you, because I care about you and do not want you to get COVID.

If you're afraid that we'll be clucking, well, we've been doing that since COVID began. Our COVID threads here are chockfull of statistics, personal experiences, information from reliable and reputable sources as the virus has progressed. If you have read and followed those threads, then there really isn't anything else that we could say to persuade you to get the vaccine.

I would just like to know why you made this choice, but only if you want to tell us.

If you don't want to respond, just tell Scotty to beam me up.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

If you're afraid that we'll be clucking, well, we've been doing that since COVID began.
          Rose, could I suggest a slight change in that sentence?

If you're afraid that we'll be clucking, well, we've been doing that since long before COVID began.

Comment

agate ~

Well edited!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Eons ago, I taught company staff how to proofread
              That's really impressive, Rose!

The poll is now 6 to 1 in favor of the vaccinated. There is at least one other person on this forum who probably can't post here just now who has been vaccinated, and so that would make it 7 to 1.
              Last edited by agate; 09-13-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Rose, I don't mind the clucking, as a matter of fact, I like the sound. I guess it's I just don't want a vaccine floating in my body that may or may not work on the next wave. I have a bunch of masks, and I don't mind wearing one every time I go somewhere which is very seldom.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm going to frame this:

I don't mind the clucking, as a matter of fact, I like the sound.
                  I hope we don't seem to be pressuring anyone here to get the vaccine even though some of us probably are coming close to doing just that. We don't want to SEEM to be pressuring anyone.

In all seriousness, we do respect one another's choices here. We're a small group now, and having been here for so long, we know one another well enough to realize that each person's situation is different, and that we all have pretty good reasons for the choices we make.

I understand your doubts, Howie, and had them myself until a couple of months ago. We don't know so very much about MS. We do know that any infection probably will make the MS worse, at least temporarily. We don't know how this new vaccine will interact with MS, and most of us here have had MS for many years. They don't seem to have studied much about what goes on with people who've had MS for decades unless we're having exacerbations.

They don't study our day-to-day decline, which is real. It's just hard to study because it's slow and intermittent for many of us. Just what a vaccine will do in that type of impaired body isn't known.

But I decided that I do have enough contact with people, and the virus was getting riskier because of the variants, that I should go ahead with the vaccine. I opted for the one-shot deal though because of my doubts about the whole thing.

I will get the booster though if it's strongly recommended.

For me to go places I'm on a lift-equiped van, and the driver has to adjust 4 wheelchair tie-downs and do the seatbelt. That's considerable close contact Then I'm in that van with the driver and possibly other riders, in a small enclosed space, possibly with no ventilation to speak of, possibly for hours. It's not ideal but at least masks are required.

Also, I'm in daily contact with neighbors, sometimes up close because so many here are hard of hearing and lean towards people when they talk. I see them in the laundry, in the halls, at the dumpster, at the mailboxes, walking their dogs.

I can see why you would have less contact with people than I do, Howie. You drive alone in your car to wherever you want to go, park, and enter the place and have a brief interaction with a few people, probably across a counter or a shopping cart. Then it's back to the car and homeward bound or on to another similar errand. There's nobody ruffling your feathers by fiddling with your seatbelt.

Last edited by agate; 09-14-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

agate ~

I agree with you. Howie's statement must be preserved!

I don't mind the clucking, as a matter of fact, I like the sound.
                    Howie ~

I understand your hesitancy. Last year, when John asked me whether I would get the vaccine, when it became available, I answered, "No, because they don't have enough time to determine its safety and efficacy. I will wait until I feel there is evidence that it is safe and effective."

Most of the folks here were vaccinated, so I learned from them, as well as my circle of friends in "the real world." When the delta variant got out of control, I realized that I needed to be vaccinated, if I ever wanted to leave the house again.

So far, the vaccines have proven to be effective in resulting in milder cases of COVID, even with the delta variant. Breakthrough COVID is considered rare among vaccinated people.

Here is an article, which was published today, about the percentage of unvaccinated people, who have contracted COVID, been hospitalized for COVID, or died from COVID in Pennsylvania:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

From watching news reports, Pennsylvania is a mirror to many other states, especially Florida.

As long as COVID surges, it has the opportunity to mutate several times. I think if more people, including me, had been vaccinated as early as possible, we might have been able to skirt the delta and other variants. Of course, I went nowhere and only saw John and usually outside, and he's vaccinated.

Coronavirus isn't new, but this version of it is new, which is why it was called "novel" initially. Scientists have been studying coronaviruses for many years. They are currently investigating ways to defeat other mutations of COVID.

So, the vaccines are working. And, yes, we still need to wear a mask, and I'm glad that you do.

No one wants to think about this, but I do, because I'm being realistic: If I have an emergency, call paramedics, and I am transported to ER, I will be in COVID-land. At that point, my only protection will be the vaccine.

There has been an increase in sirens over the past month. It was much quieter for awhile, and I wonder if these sirens are for people with COVID. I remember when the sirens seemed constant day and night last year, and when neighbors would honk their car horns at 7 p.m. to honor our first responders, hospital workers, and health care providers.

I worry about the people, who I love, who aren't vaccinated.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!

Comment

My MS neurologist recommended early on that all his patients get vaccinated. Now, he is recommending the booster shot for all of his patients. My bf is a virologist and viral vaccine expert, so of course he got vaccinated early.

If anyone has hesitations about the vaccine, they should ask their own doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X