• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Mother 2 Angels
    replied
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

I'm happy for you that your printer is working properly now. I hope you slept well and are feeling better today.

agate ~

Copaxone can cause liver issues, as well as other problems:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

To me, this isn't surprising, since all meds are processed through the liver.

Also, it presents a risk for hypothyroid:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I am surprised though that your recent lab tests did not include liver and thyroid function. You should get the gamut of tests every time you go in for lab work.

However, I read your response in another thread on a different forum, in which you described the lack of interest and respect you receive from your health care providers. So, I understand the constraints imposed upon you in getting good care and all of the information you need.

It irritates me that you are treated this way and forced to make trips to and from doctors, labs, hearing aid places, when reliable transportation is a challenge for you. I am hopeful that the Human Infrastructure Plan will result in changes in the quality of care you receive.

On top of all of this, it's extremely hot and smoky where you are.

I'm sending you positive, healing energy for strength to deal with all of this.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    The annual visit with the neuro took place on Tuesday, and to my surprise she ordered 4 lab tests.She's checking liver and thyroid because she says they can be affected by the glatiramer acetate (Copaxone) I'm taking. I didn't have to have any lab work in connection with Copaxone when I took it 10 years back but things must have changed. Or maybe doctors are more interested in protecting themselves from lawsuits.

So now I'll need to go out again soon for the lab tests, and I have to go for a hearing/hearing aid checkup, too, which will surely mean more trips because one aid is broken.

It was 98' here today. Summer isn't over.

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    My printer is working. Why I don't know. I went into settings and put it on pause and left it for a long time. When I came back it was still doing the same thing. So, I put it on pause again just to get it to stop making the noise. When I took it off pause a couple of hours later it didn't come on by itself, so I tried printing out a test page and it came through just fine.

I printed out my Home Owner's policy and ordered another cartridge.

Thanks Rose for your help, however I had already got it running again before I came back on.

Think I will rest for awhile and then go to bed. Night all!

Leave a comment:

• Earth Mother 2 Angels
    replied

Virginia ~

Try this with your printer: turn it off, then unplug it from electricity. You can do that from the printer, so you don't have to get on the floor. Wait a couple of minutes, then plug the electricity back into your computer, then turn on the power on the printer. It may need to reboot, so give it some time.

If this doesn't help, then call the manufacturer of your printer and ask for technical support. You may have to pay a little something, but at least you would know whether it is reparable. And it would save you buying a new printer.

I'm glad that your doctor reassured you about Dr. Iqbal, and of course she is overloaded with patients, with your doctor's retirement. Perhaps you could call your current doctor's office about the need for an appointment sooner than Dr. Iqbal has an opening. That might stimulate some intra-office discussion about the need to make room for you.

You have accomplished so much, under the most stressful circumstances, and you must be exhausted. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Virginia
    replied
    Went to the Doctor yesterday. Thyroid is down from 8.37 to 6.46. Should be 2 to 3. Medicine was increased a little. B/P was 178/84 when nurse took it. Doctor took it with her cuff and got 174/80. My B/P meter was `158 over something I can't remember. It is off by about 20 points. Was given a very mild diuretic. I can't tell that it is doing anything.

I talked to her about seeing the new Doctor. I did not know it but Dr. Iqbal has been there for about six months. My Doctor says she thinks it will be a good fit for me and given the fact that I don't have much other choice I was glad to hear that. However, my Doctor wanted me to see Dr. Iqbal in 4 weeks and I couldn't get in until September 10th. She is already booked up with patients.

I started out by going to cleaners, then Doctor's, then to drive thru bank, then to drive thru pharmacy and on to grocery store. Even though the only place I got much walking in was in the grocery store it still took up quite a bit of time and I had to make 3 trips in from the car.

I finally got my house insurance straightened out (I hope) this afternoon. I have been trying for about 2 weeks. If I had not gotten a call through today I was going with another company. It has been frustrating. I have my car insurance with another company and it also renews August 1st. It is on auto pay and I just hope they pay it tomorrow. I have never been that close to my current policy expiring on my house before I paid my insurance. I pay for the entire year on both and I am always glad to get it taken care of. I signed electronically for the house and paid by debit card. Thank god for the internet and credit/debit cards.

My printer went on the blink this afternoon and I can not for the life of me figure out why. I have a green light when it is printing and when paper or anything is out or something happens to the printer a blinking yellow light comes on. I have done two troubleshoots and nothing is showing up. Paper is not hung up, plug ins on both printer over to computer are fine. Nothing seems out of order except that the blinking yellow light stays on and it will not print. I may have to get a new one and I dread picking one out and bringing it home and getting on the floor to plug it in and setting it up.

I am feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. I told my Doctor yesterday that July has been the worse month I have seen in quite awhile.

Hope it is better for all of you and hope Ann and Peter have a good vacation.

Leave a comment:

• Earth Mother 2 Angels
    replied

Howie ~

Why didn't you try one of the home remedies in the link I posted? Raid is toxic to humans and animals, so Sam may not appreciate having it sprayed around your home. Did you put a mask on her when you sprayed it? And, as she wanders around, her nose is close to the ground, so she could be affected by it, where you may not smell it. Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean that it isn't harmful.

Whenever I can, I try home remedies, before I buy a pesticide. The wasps' nest presented a few obstacles to remove without wasp spray. But it was outside, and John was double masked and wearing gloves.

Gnats are attracted to rotting fruit, not turkey. That's Sam.

agate ~

I hope the Clorox works.

ANN ~

Good news that you have a diagnosis and appropriate treatment for your pain. It's unfortunate that you can't ride your yellow bike. I hope that the Cape will be beautiful, with great weather and delicious food! Enjoy your vacation!

Jingle ~

No one feels like doing anything when it is 99*! I'm sorry you are suffering in that heat, and I hope a cooling trend is in your future.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• jingle
    replied
    It's so hot - 99* right now, even the gnats are taking it easy.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Since some of the types of gnats are reportedly coming up from drains, I'm looking into putting Clorox into the drains. I'm going to find out how best to dilute it. Seems to be a ratio of 1:10.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    Well, that gnat catcher was a failure. After they ate some turkey, they must have flown right out. So, I went to the store today, and got a new can of Raid, and I'm getting ready to spray right now.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    I have to admit I reach for the Raid now and then though I do try to avoid using it. I always open up all windows and run a fan for a while after using it.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    Ann, when I spray the Raid, I cover my mouth and nose with a cloth until it settles.

Leave a comment:

• stillstANNding
    replied
    Howie, I’d go with Linda’s pitcher plants or Rose’s apple cider vinegar treatment before using Raid. You breathe that, too!

Rose, I’m glad to see that you did well w your second CoVID vaccine. It’s such a blessing that you have John.

This morning we went to see the physiatrist that does injections w ultrasound guidance. What a nice person and an excellent experience. :) He asked about the pain and did a careful exam and then ultrasound. I do have bursitis of the ischial tuberosity and he injected the bursa with Marcaine and Kenalog. I am so happy! After years, I have hope that that pain will improve. Apparently, it’s pretty common especially in cyclists. He also saw that my hamstrings are “not in very good condition.” I hope to get more information about that when he posts his note.

Peter and I are going to the Cape for a week. I can swim after Friday (perfect timing) but no biking. I did want to use the bright yellow bike we bought second hand for last year but not this trip. And we won’t go into Provincetown and we’ll stay away from sharks.

The garden is OK. There will be squash and tomatoes. Turns out I’m also good a growing dill, garlic and beans but we’ve had so much rain and cooler temperatures that mildew and bugs have really taken a strong hold.

It’s 60 degrees right now so we’re playing the December album again.

Night,
    ANN

Last edited by stillstANNding; 07-28-2021, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    I just looked in, and that turkey was loaded with gnats, As long as it's running, it has a fan blade rotating to push the air down. It has nothing to kill them, but it will keep them inside until I return from the store tomorrow with a can of RAID!!!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-28-2021, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• agate
    replied
    Howie, you've really set those gnats up with a neat lifestyle, haven't you? They're really not supposed to just settle in and put their little gnat feet up.

Aren't there any gnat motels--where the gnats check in but they don't check out? (It was the slogan for a product called Roach Motels some years back.)

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    When I ate tonight, I took a small piece of turkey, and put it in the bottom of the gnat trap to draw them in. I opened it a while age, and there were two gnats. But the big questions is, what kills them. A bunch of gnats could eat and live comfortably in the bottom of that trap. I think it's a gnat home, and not a gnat trap. I'll get more Raid, and put an end to their life of luxury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X