No announcement yet.

July, 2021 Chit Chat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia, of course Laura can do the coffee table! A person without aches and pains might enjoy getting it all shiny and clean. It's the kind of task I enjoyed back in the day when it didn't seem like a major chore. Getting glass looking good is really rewarding because everything around it looks better too somehow, maybe because of the reflections.

Every year when the windows get washed here, it always cheers me up. The building's people do the outsides and I do the insides.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Virginia, I grabbed The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah as soon as it came out. I have enjoyed everything she has written and can't wait for the next one. I just started The Yankee Widow by Linda Lael Miller and, so far it's very, very good.

Comment

Jingle, thanks for your input about Kristen Hannah and also for mentioning The Yankee Widow. I am always looking for new books and new authors.

Hope you and the kittens are doing well.
        Virginia

Comment

Thanks, Virginia - we're doing well. I've been so taken by The Yankee Widow that today I went to Amazon, planning to order several of her books. UGH -- none of her other books appealed to me at all. If I had seen those I certainly wouldn't have bought The Yankee Widow. I'm glad I have a small stack of books waiting for me.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Google "Martha Stewart doesn't live here" and you'll find images of various versions of it on signs and rocks. I think my sign was made by a friend, who is an artist. It's probably packed in a box in the garage.

My mother and her mother used "a lick and a promise" too. I would guess that if we used that phrase with a person under the age of 40, they wouldn't have a clue as to what it means.

I don't think we are entirely boring. I think we have our fair share of drama, but thankfully it isn't constant.

Virginia ~

An excellent idea to let Laura do the coffee table and anything else, which requires you to lift, stoop or get on the floor.

Have you read "The Grapes of Wrath," by John Steinbeck? I have/had relatives, who fled the Dust Bowl from Oklahoma to California. It was grueling.

To All of the Friends, who haven't checked in for awhile ~

I'm thinking of and praying for you! I'm sure we would all like to hear from you, so please post when you can.

Stay safe and be well ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Jingle, I am sorry this author is not turning out to be what you had thought she would be. I hate finding that out.

Rose, I read Grapes of Wrath a long time ago. I also saw the movie with Henry Fonda.

Jingle, I try to have a book or two on the back burner because I don't want to run out.

Rose, I agree that we are missing a couple of our people such as Ann and Sunshine and some others. Hope they let us know how they are doing when they are able.
              Last edited by Virginia; 07-25-2021, 04:53 PM.
              Virginia

Comment

John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath was the first "real" book I ever read -- In a tiny, one room school our library was a small bookcase with hardcover books. I pulled out Grapes of Wrath. Years later when I was able to buy books, Grapes of Wrath was the first one I bought and I kept buying Steinbeck and soon had every word he wrote. I've read each of them over and over. Same for James Michener, Sinclair Lewis, Carson McCullers, Hardy, Herriot .... books I treasure.

Comment

I must have read The Grapes of Wrath a hundred times. I taught for 30 years and always reread material each time I taught. I still love that book. It is such a treasure. I can still quote large chunks of it. Thanks for reminding me to think of it again!
                  Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Good morning. All is well but I’m very, very tired. You know - summer with MS. I’m doing the PT homework and visits twice a week and the garden. That’s about it. I have an injection with ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday morning.

My brother finally visited my mom - arrived after 6 PM, stayed three days and left the next morning. He calls that “a week.” Don’t get me started.

Howie, it was Mighty Mouse that saved the day. Where is he (or Superman) when you need him?

Keep cool,
                    ANN

There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Jingle and Linda maybe I will re-read Grapes of Wrath. It has been many years and I know it is a good book, but I had not thought of reading it a 2nd time.

Ann, glad you checked in. Sounds like you are staying pretty busy. I do understand about the fatigue. It is relentless. Re brother: Remember he is a MAN (and not one like Peter or Howie). He is probably more like my brothers.
                      Virginia

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

It might be difficult to find anyone in our age group, who hasn't read "Grapes of Wrath." It is a classic, and Steinbeck is one of my favorite authors. The stories my relatives told about the Dust Bowl and migration to California were heartbreaking. It always reminds me of how fortunate I am.

ANN ~

I'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well with your ultrasound on Wednesday.

Would it help at all to think, "Well, at least he visited Mom"? I get it, and I don't want to get you started!

Mighty Mouse or Superman? These days, I'm going for Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Jonathan was a huge fan of The Rock, so we have all of his movies. Once, John said to Jonathan, "If we ever have a catastrophe, I hope The Rock will be close by!" Then they fist bumped.

Stay well and be safe everyone ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I haven't read "Grapes of Wrath."

Too bad about your brother's unusual idea of time, ANN.

Virginia, I'm glad your knees are improving. Now you can keep on doing nothing for a while longer.

I've been busy dealing with a hearing aid problem. The whole bewildering world of hearing aids is pretty much beyond me but I'm trying.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Well, I'm back from the doctor visit. Everything checked out normal. I went to the store on the way home, and I'm good until next week. I put everything away, and by then, I just had to stop and rest for a minute.

Then I fixed a meal, and now sitting in front of the computer. At 10, I am watching the X-files on TV until 1:00 am, then it's nighty, night.

I have been invaded by gnats lately, so I ordered a Gnat Trap. I'll see if it works. For a week, I've been using Raid for flying insects, but spraying it gets old, with so, so results. The gnats land on the computer screen, and I've been mashing them when they do with a folded up paper towel. That works for sure, but it's very distracting. But the gnat trap arrived today.

Well, have a great night everyone!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie - please, I want and need to hear about the gnat trap. Gnats are just about to make me move out of here.

Comment

Howie : some types of gnats are “drain flies” they come out of kitchen and bathroom drains and feed on debris at the bottom (unreachable) part of the drainage pipes. They are attracted also to bright shiny surfaces like your computer screen.

They are hard to get rid of. The insecontrol guy (in florida, you must have an insect control guy ) can give you a bottle of the stuf to pour down your drains. I think it is orange and I recall it has to sit in the drain a while before you run water in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X