No announcement yet.

July, 2021 Chit Chat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday my son and grandson visited. First time there's been a visit since Feb. 22, 2020. Nearly a year and a half ago. My DIL works on Sundays and so she didn't come.

The grandson weighs 30 lbs. and doesn't sit still for long. He is a dear little lad, cheerful and happy and interested in everything. He had fun turning the lights on and off around here. First visitors who have been here in a year and a half.

I just heard from renee, for the first time in many months. More on that later, I hope.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Hello everyone…
      I am working really hard on the farm and usually crawling through mud! But I do read the forum and wanted to say hello and wish everyone well.

virginia…so sorry about your trauma recently. I got an email from my cousin’s adult aughter. She was at that baseball game the other day where there was a shooting. Her description is terrifying. She is a young mom caught up in crowd panic and needing to keep he young daughter safe..the shooting was actually outside of the baseball stadium but people were in a panic. What a world we live in….
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Agate, so happy William and his Dad came for a visit. That was a long time since you had seen them. I know you were excited. My brother has already named his grandson who is all of 2 weeks old today "Fireball". It sounds like you might want to come up with something like that for yours. He sounds like a cute little fireball. Is he talking now? I am glad you have been exercising. It will take all you can give to keep up with him and also to even pick him up. 30 pounds is a lot to lift.

Linda, thank you for your condolences about the recent events in my family's life. The world we live in has just turned upside down. I can't imagine being in a crowd that panics, and with a little one to protect it is unbelievable. I know she was terrified. That was an awful event. I am thankful she and her small daughter were not hurt.

I called my Doctor's office today and they just talked like it was no big deal to get into see Dr. Iqbal. I didn't make an appointment because I told the person I talked to that I wanted to keep my appointment with my now Doctor on the 29th. She said to talk to them at the desk at that time about seeing Dr. Iqbal on my next visit. I asked if she was sure I would still be able to get into see her and she said yes.

Working on Home Insurance, car insurance and renewal of newspaper. They have all gone up so much that I am undecided about what to do. My home insurance increased almost exactly $200.00 in one year. I know that lumber had gone through the roof at one time, but it has come back down now. I feel comfortable with that company, but I can't afford comfort at their rates. They were already high.
        Virginia

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

How wonderful to see your son and grandson! I'm sure your visit was uplifting. Sounds like William is full of vim and vigor! A child's curiosity is a thing of joy.

I hope that Renee is doing well. Please give her hugs and love from me.

Linda ~

Crawling through mud ~ This just reinforces how appropriate your signature line is! (For those, who can't see it:
          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..) I can't even begin to imagine all that you do on your farm and at the markets.

I'm so sorry that your cousin's daughter and her daughter were caught in the shooting outside of Yankee Stadium. I watched videos of the panic escapes, and my heart just broke for everyone. This happens far too often

I'm so grateful that they are safe and as okay as anyone could be after such a traumatic experience.

Virginia ~

I'm so pleased that you can relax now about seeing Dr. Iqbal. In their system, you are an existing patient. Did you look at the websites I sent to you? Do you feel more comfortable in your choice?

As for your insurance, perhaps you could get quotes from other insurance companies. You might be able to combine your home and auto insurance to get a better rate.

Prayers continuing for you and your family ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Mary Lou and D.P. are to have funerals Friday and burial will also be Friday.

Of course I can't go, but I am glad they are that far along. It has been a long and drawn out process. They are having visitation tomorrow night in Southern Pines, N.C.
            Virginia

Comment

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

I read the obituary for D.P. and Mary Lou today, and I prayed for you and your family. This has to be so incredibly difficult for all of you. Although you can't go, I know your heart will be there. Mine will be too.

God Bless You and Your Family ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Did you know that among the survivors Dylan Thomas Robinson, their great, great nephew is my newborn great nephew as of July 5th. He is two weeks and two days old today. I wish Mary Lou could have met him. Their minister said they were parents. They were. I noticed that Patti, the wife of their deceased son. who remarried was listed as a survivor. So glad they were able to be that kind and generous to everyone. What a legacy.

Thanks Rose!
                Virginia

Comment

Well, I think I have about done myself in Being the know it all, that I am I somehow can't get it through my head that I can't always do one week what I might have done the week before or two weeks before. I have two shelves in my coffee table and the top one is glass. I have always gotten on the floor to clean the bottom of the top glass and clean the bottom shelf. So, I did it Wednesday and I crawled all around the coffee table, then I had to crawl back over to a piece of furniture that I have been using to push myself up. I noticed my knees were hurting pretty bad, but then I had a really hard time getting up. I was beginning to think I was going to have to call 911, but my phone was across the room, so I kept trying and trying. When I finally made it I had twisted my back. Now, I have a bad back and two bad knees. One knee is pretty swollen.

Yesterday I went to the eye Doctor and I could hardly straighten up and my knees were very stiff. I really had a hard time getting in and out of the car. Today is not quite as bad, but still pretty painful. Boy, did I feel old and decrepit when the staff started trying to help me into the different rooms and a couple of different chairs I had to get in and out of.

My Doctor says unless I just want to that I do not have to get cataract surgery at this time. Sometimes I think I want it because I am not seeing like I once did, but then I think I really don't want to have anything done that I don't have to. I am seeing 20/30, and he likes for people to get to 20/40 before they have it, but he is a very conservative Doctor.
                  Virginia

Comment

Howie, have you been seen around here in the last few days? If not, would you please let us know how you are.
                    Virginia

Comment

Yes, HOWIE, where are you?

Virginia, I hope you can recover from your disastrous encounter with the glass table.

I think that if I had a glass table to clean, I'd find a way to upend it so I could clean it without crawling under it. Or else I'd just get rid of it. A person doesn't need to twist herself into a pretzel just so a table will look all spiffy.

I've never had a glass table but have dealt with them elsewhere and they seem heavy. Probably impossible to turn it upside down.

I had a coffee table at the time MS came along. Not a glass one but a big heavy thing, and I kept tripping over it and falling. I got rid of it and just never got another.

Or you could just give it what my mother called a lick and a promise--get the worst of the visible dust and grime off while sparing your joints and let the rest go. A little dirt isn't going to be the end of the world, and you're not in a contest to see who has the most spotless house.

That's good news about the cataract surgery though! My eye doctor is OK with my vision being at 20/50 or 20/60 and not doing the cataract surgery. He'd prefer to have it done but he is OK with my reasons for not going ahead with it.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

"Here he comes to save the day....Mighty Mouse is on the way." Lyrics from a cartoon show 60 years ago are still in my head, but I'm not sure how old I am, and have to count it on my fingers.

Hi everyone! I'm here everyday, I just don't post. Nothing to post about. I do have a routine doctor appointment Monday. Other than that, it's pretty quiet around here. But I'm feeling good.

Everyone have a great day!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Post about "nothing"! Everyone should be interested in how we spend our time. As you've probably noticed, lots of people out in the real world are very unhappy about having to do without a lot of trips they were hoping to make, parties and games and other events they were hoping to go to, etc., and here we are on this board, usually not hoping to do any such things because they're just not part of the picture with a neurological disorder like this one.

So we're interesting here. Just because crowds of people aren't thronging here to find out how we manage doesn't mean a thing. We who are here are interested in how others like us are coping.

For instance, if you watch anything, let us know about it. We might want to watch it too. I recently saw a DVD of the movie "The Father," which is about a man with Alzheimer's disease. There are a few diseases that strike me as worse than MS, and that is one of them.

Comment

Virginia ~

How are your back and knees now? Did you take any Tylenol for your pain? Once again, I'm suggesting Witch Hazel doused on a paper towel, then placed over your knees, fastened with cloth tape (you can get at a drug store), then elevate your legs in your recliner. I guarantee that it will reduce swelling and pain.

If you are just dusting your coffee table, try using a long handled Swiffer duster. You should be able to dust the bottom without getting on the floor. My days of getting on the floor to do anything are long over. I don't even want to think about not being able to get up. Just remember what you're going through now and avoid getting on the floor to do anything.

Jim had a cataract in his left eye, which had reached the point of needing removal. In his right eye, the doctor said that it wasn't immediately necessary, but eventually he would need it removed. He had surgery on his left eye, but then he became ill, and his right eye was the least of his concerns.

The cataract surgery only takes a few minutes, but the number of appointments before and after the surgery were time consuming. Also, he was on three different optic drops, which I placed in his eyes several times a day for a month. It was an all day and evening event, because the drops had to be staggered by at least an hour.

I'm glad for you that you aren't in need now, and I hope that continues for you for a long time.

agate ~

Or you could just give it what my mother called a lick and a promise--get the worst of the visible dust and grime off while sparing your joints and let the rest go. A little dirt isn't going to be the end of the world, and you're not in a contest to see who has the most spotless house.
                            Exactly!!

I used to have a little sign in my kitchen: "Martha Stewart doesn't live here, and I'm not expecting her to visit anytime soon."

I have no idea what happened to that sign, but I could sure use it now!

Howie ~

You don't have to write a novel to entertain us! Just say, "Hello." Now we know that you are going to a doctor's appointment on Monday, so we can all be thinking about you then. And you'll have something to tell us after your doctor's appointment. Now we know that you are feeling good, and that makes us happy.

How is Sam? Are you still ordering food to be delivered? What are you eating? How's your coffee maker working? Have you heard any more weird noises?

There, now you have some topics!

Sending prayers and positive, healing energy to all ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!

Comment

I'd like that "Martha Stewart doesn't live here" sign too, Rose.

If Howie feels he is short on interesting material to post, maybe this place should become known--far and wide--as the place without drama.

Motto: "We dare to be boring."

Comment

I want the Martha Stewart sign also. Agate. my Mother use to use the same phrase as your Mother did - "a lick and a promise". One time when I was young and she said it I asked what the promise was and she said to do better next time.

Howie, you could tell us all about what you and Sam are up to and if she is behaving. I hope she isn't running out the door when you open it. Does she still get turkey and cheese? Is she doing alright?

I read a book this past week. The title was The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah. I didn't use to like her, but then she wrote The Nightingale which quickly became one of my all time favorites. The Four Winds will not be one of my favorites because it was so very sad from beginning to end. I had read reviews and knew that it was sad, but I said "Oh, it will not be that sad". Well, it was. It was about the Dust Bowl in Texas. A father leaves his wife and two kids because he couldn't feed them. The Mother and Father-in-law love her and the kids but finally they put them in an old truck because they thought it would be better for them. They were hearing so much about California being so green and so many jobs. Well, it was also during the depression and there were absolutely no jobs. They lived in a tent they had brought from Texas. They were called Okies. She kept saying I am from Texas and the people would tell her "all of you are the same, it doesn't matter where you are from". They got jobs picking cotton for one dollar a day. They worked 10 hours just to get food. It really was sad, but it kept me occupied for 3 days. It was 400 pages long so I was able to make it last.

I am going to see what else this author has written to see if I think I would like any of them. I stayed up reading those 3 nights. Howie, probably stays up watching T.V. I hope he can find something good on. Actually, Howie you might be able to find some interesting things on U-Tube. I think I could, but I would have to be sitting at my computer and that is not comfortable. Glad yours is in your lap along with Sam.

Agate and Rose, I've got a better idea about my coffee table. Next time Laura comes I am going to tell her that from now on that is her job. I should have done that long ago.

My knees are getting a little less sore, but then I haven't really done anything. My back is just so, so.

Howie, please let us know how your Doctor visit goes.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X