Keep on Moving: June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving: June 2021

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesnt have to be exercise! Even Science proves that

Rabbit Rabbit.

Agate that’s interesting, your last post on May thread. I wonder what drives that?

Comment

1286 steps yesterday.

Comment

I can't imagine what it will be when you have your surgery and heal! It is so good now.
        Virginia

Comment

I might have someone who can install grab bars in my fiberglass shower. He is a friend of my nephews and his wife has MS, and he is in this kind of business so it might work out. My nephew called him and he called me this morning. Seemed like a really nice man and I just hope this works out. If it does it will save me thousands of $$$s.
          Virginia

Comment

By all means go for the grab bars! I don't think I'd be going anywhere near my bathtub without the grab bars.

Today must have been Sunshine's surgery. Hope she's doing OK!
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

This is a request for prayers and/or good thoughts for Sunshine. This has been a hard road. I hope this procedure will make a big difference in her life.

ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

• Lazarus
                Lazarus commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been thinking of Sunshine, I really hope this is a wonderful help

I have had her in my prayers and hoping that she will get maximum benefit from this procedure and be able to do away with some of her other medicine.
              Virginia

Comment

I’ve been walking a lot this week: airports and big box stores plus yard work and house work and cooking.

Whew! Two days I walked 1.2 miles plus anything I did without my phone which was plenty.

We came home to a heat wave so I’m taking it easy.

ANN

Comment

Ann, rest up. You surely deserve it after walking that much and working in addition.
                  Virginia

Comment

After being woke by SIL early this morning, I got dressed and went to get hair cut and colored. Then I went to the grocery store. I stayed in there from 4:30 to 5:30. Had 3 load to bring in and put away when I got home. I was dead tired. Too tired to fix any food, so I fixed a frozen dinner.
                    Virginia

Comment

Virginia, your grocery trip sounds like, “water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!” No wonder you didn’t check in until after midnight.

Yesterday, I did 1.2 miles and 5 flights of stairs between the house, garden and laundry. And that’s just what I covered while my phone was with me. I did two loads of laundry, watered the garden early and made vegetable soup before eleven AM.

Resting up this morning for PT this afternoon. It’s another blazing hot day.

ANN

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of mileage to rack up in one day, ANN! Your muscles must be in excellent tone though resting is certainly good at this point.

Virginia, you had a workout too!

Everyone is such a busy bee. A while back I mentioned my 1,000+ e-mails and my 8 shelves of undusted books. It doesn't amount to much physical activity at all but I can now announce that I've pared the e-mails down to 90 and have only one bookshelf left to dust. I did have to do some standing and reaching and lifting heavy books to do those 7 shelves of books.

I wrestled with a stuck desk drawer yesterday and changed bed linens. That's about the sum total for my physical activity lately, aside from the usual exercise routines.

Today I'll be doing laundry.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, I don’t change the bed anymore as I have help (don’t tell Virginia) but I used to find that job exhausting.

While we were home in PA, Peter changed Mom’s bed and turned her mattress. She loves him, of course.

ANN

Comment

Yes, the mattress turning is an occasion I need to rest up for. I often wind up putting it off a few days. I try to flip it every 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                            X