Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19?

It's possible to have polls here now, and so here is one. Your votes will not be made public.
    Yes, I am fully vaccinated
    46.15%
    Yes but I still need to have the second shot
    15.38%
    No but I intend to get the vaccine
    15.38%
    No and I don't plan to get the vaccine
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by agate; 05-03-2021, 05:08 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

I am quite apprehensive about the vaccine. Probably will get vaccinated in 2 to 3 yrs time. Thanks for the poll agate

Comment

(Off topic) SweetChoco, I clicked on that agate in your post just to see what happened. It took me to my Profile. I don't know how you got it to do that but I'll try @Sweet Choco to see what happens.
      Last edited by agate; 05-04-2021, 08:00 AM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

P. S. Looks as if they both show up as clickable links.
        Last edited by agate; 05-04-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I wanna play the agate game...here I go...

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

did it work?
          *another random thought *

Comment

• RandomThought
            RandomThought commented
            Editing a comment
            Oooooh,two different kind of links into Agate's profile!

The same kind of trick can be done with RandomThought of course.

Comment

• RandomThought
            RandomThought commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds like *another random thought* to me !

There are inducements now:

Comment

All of us who have been double vaccinated need to hang onto our cards showing that we have, just in case they back date some of the freebies. Did all of you know that Krispy Kreme donuts started in my home town of Raleigh. When I was a teenager I use to go to the first store they ever had. Some of my high school friends liked to get together and buy a box which was a dozen donuts back then and go to someone's house and eat them.
            Virginia

Comment

Virginia, doesn't that make you special in some way? Maybe you could dig up a photo of yourself at the original Krispy Kreme? Just to prove you were actually there, first in line at the first-ever Krispy Kreme!

We might not believe you. I guess someone had to be the first brave soul willing to try a Krispy Kreme.

When I was in grammar school and still living in a small town, a Mayflower donut shop opened up in town. I believe it was part of a well-known chain at a time when there weren't many chains?

I love their donuts and often went in there to buy one. The place was owned by a couple whose son was in my class. He sometimes worked in the donut shop. I used to envy him, being able to be around those donuts all the time.

Comment

Heck, we started getting Dunkin’ Donuts sometime after I was 10. It was a new thing in our area and the only donut shop. You don’t think donuts cause MS, do you?

ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

• RandomThought
                  RandomThought commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmmm, maybe but there could be a hole in this theory?

That must be it! At least 3 people on this MS board have a history of childhood donut consumption. That pretty much settles it, and who knows how many aren't coming forward with their own histories of childhood donut consumption?

Comment

We liked to get them when they were fresh out of the oven and hot. Sooooo good! My classmates do not have MS. Does that knock a "hole" in y'all's theory?
                  Virginia

Comment

LOL! Not everyone who ate donuts in childhood got MS (studies show!) but some genetically predisposed people did.

One possible "hole" though--Are there people diagnosed with MS who never had a donut as a child?

A donut is something a person's mom or your grandma may not have typically made in the kitchen and so children might have had to visit a bake shop or a donut shop to get one. Maybe children who lived too far away from such a place wouldn't have ever had a donut, and if some of them have MS, there goes the theory, I guess.

Or maybe they were misdiagnosed?

This board is going to have a jillion visitors soon, now that we've figured all of this out.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All))) ~

Two important changes in the COVID situation.

CDC declared that fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks outdoors and indoors.

Eight New York Yankees, and comedian, Bill Maher, fully vaccinated, have tested positive for COVID.

Therefore, even people, who are fully vaccinated against COVID, can get COVID. Seven of the eight Yankees are asymptomatic, and the eighth Yankee is experiencing mild symptoms. Bill Maher is asymptomatic, and he feels "fine."

To argue that we don't have the statistics to support this means ignoring the fact that celebrities, athletes, politicians, and wealthy people are tested regularly for COVID, whereas, we the people, are not. The Yankees and Bill Maher were tested frequently ~ at least weekly, if not daily. Anyone attending Bill Maher's show had their temperature taken before entering the building and possibly a rapid COVID test.

How many of the members here, who have been fully vaccinated, have had a COVID test to determine whether you are positive or negative? Have you been tested weekly?

Have you had a test to determine the efficacy of the vaccine in developing antibodies for you?

How can it be safe to stop wearing masks, when we don't know how well the vaccine works in the general population?

That would be us: the general population.

In the general population, there are many, who refused to wear a mask prior to the CDC's announcement. How do we discern between those, who are vaccinated, and those, who are not vaccinated, without masks?

A fully vaccinated person, who has COVID but is asymptomatic, doesn't know that s/he has COVID, unless that person is tested regularly. So, fully vaccinated people assume that they are fine, because they aren't sick, go maskless, and could potentially infect others in proximity to them.

It remains unknown at this point whether fully vaccinated people, who have COVID (asymptomatic or with mild symptoms) are contagious. Isn't it reasonable to err on the side of caution and believe that they are contagious?

"Out of an abundance of caution" is a common phrase now. I think it applies to wearing masks, social distancing, and not opening up crowded venues to the public at this juncture.

Let's all stay safe and wear our masks and social distance.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

The CDC now says that fully vaccinated persons cannot give the virus to others. I am following the science. If I get it myself it will either be extremely mild or totally asymptomatic. It will not be even as bad as the flu and I did not wear a mask all my life to avoid the flu, so shouldn't I now believe this new science? Seems reasonable to me. People who for whatever reason do not want to get the vaccine have that right, but I would then strongly advise them to wear a mask to protect themselves.
                        Virginia

Comment

Working...
                        X