More on coronavirus home test kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on coronavirus home test kits

A while back there was a discussion of home test kits for the coronavirus. Here's some more information on them, from Medical News Today:
    Last edited by agate; 05-03-2021, 06:01 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

I used some coronavirus PCR tests from Labcorp. FedEx picked them up, and I had results in 2 or 3 days.

Comment

3 days of waiting for a result? It seems to me that this is a lot. Considering that you are doing these tests at home, where there are also your relatives who may have weak immunity. These can be children or elderly people. Potentially, you can be infected, and waiting for 3 days is very dangerous. Therefore, I use tests from Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... since they have shown themselves to be a more reliable option. I didn't wait for 3 days, and I think that such a long stay being infected near people is wrong. You need to get the test result as soon as possible. I have nothing against it if you completely isolate yourself from others for all 3 days.

Comment

Welcome, RobertsonAudrey!

This discussion is from May and I don't know what the wait times for test results typically are at present. Just recently I discarded the test kit that my insurance company had sent. It was past its expiration date, and I had been notified that that program has ended--so there won't be more test kits. I would need to buy my own.

I could do that. CVS Pharmacy is offering two types of home test kits. One has results in 15 minutes but the other involves a wait of 1-2 days.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I took my COVID-19 test for travel purposes. I did not gave any symptoms, and no reason to think that I had been exposed.

Comment

It might be helpful, but I am just wondering how efficient are these home test kits?

Thanks agate for sharing

Comment

This AARP article is from a few months ago but discusses several of the tests:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

No information I can share on this subject, but wanted to say welcome to RobertsonAudrey and Soiled!
                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                X