Brain donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain donation

If you have a brain disorder and are interested in donating your brain to science after your death, there are resources where you can find out more about the process and apply. The multiple sclerosis project, NARCOMS, has listed them in the latest issue of NARCOMS Now. I posted this in the MS forum but people in other forums might be interested as well.

US:

National Multiple Sclerosis Tissue Repository Network
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    mscenterneuro@cumc.columbia.edu

Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center
    McLean Hospital
    hbtrc@mclean.harvard.edu

Cleveland Clinic Brain and Spinal Cord Donation Program
    elderm3@ccf.org

Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Resource Center
    310-268-3536

Multiple Sclerosis Tissue Repository
    University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicgo
    312-996-5763

Oregon Brain Bank
    Oregon Health & Sciences University
    503-494-0100

Rocky Mountain MS Center Tissue Bank
    University of Colorado Denver
    303-788-4030 ext. 120

NON-US:

Netherlands Brain Bank

Maritime Brain Tissue Bank
    Dalhousie University
    902-494-1551

Multiple Sclerosis Society Tissue Bank
    Division of Brain Sciences, Imperial College London
    +44 (0) 20 7594 9734

Newcastle Brain Tissue Resource
    Newcastle University
    nbtr@ncl.ac.uk
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Many years ago I donated my entire body to a hospital/university. And I paid a local funeral home to delivery my body there.

Comment

Thank you for noticing this post. There was a discussion of brain donation some time ago on the MS forum but I can't recall whether anyone came up with any information on ways to apply in order to make this possible. You've really been diligent about making plans. I haven't done a thing about donating any part of me anywhere but hope to get on with it now that this current list has been made available, thanks to NARCOMS.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X