It's flu shot time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's flu shot time

You don't want a case of the flu, particular with COVID-19 still all too real. This information about flu prevention is from the Centers for Disease Control, which recommends getting a flu shot by the end of October.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Thank goodness -- and thank you, agate for the reminder -- I have my flu shot!

Comment

((((((Hugs to All))))) ~

Thank you agate for starting this thread.

I have questions, since I have never had a flu shot. Jonathan and Michael had to have a flu shot to be in an adult day program. They, along with all of the other participants, became ill on and off for about 3 months. That was in the mid 90s.

Does the flu shot have a live virus? Are there eggs in the flu shot?

Those of you, who have had flu shots annually, have you had any side effects from the vaccine? Did you avoid the flu after you had the shot?

Or did you contract the flu with a mild case?

We were like bears hibernating during flu season, which every year got longer and longer. Now, we have year-round COVID.

Please share your flu shot and flu experiences with me. Thank you so much!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I've had a
        flu shot every year since it was introduced and I've never had any sort of problem, not even a sore arm. I'm a very fortunate person.

Comment

Rose, here is some information the types of flu shots available in the US:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I've had flu shots annually for about 50 years now and never had a case of flu during those years. I did have a couple of severe bouts of flu before there were flu shots and so have first-hand knowledge of what the flu can be like.

I always get a sore arm after the flu shot, and sometimes the arm stays sore for a couple of weeks, sore enough to limit lifting with that arm and sore enough so I don't sleep on that side.

I often have a feverish malaise that sets in a few hours after the shot, and that might even continue for a day but usually is over by the next day though I might feel poorly for a few days. Tylenol helps with the symptoms.

I dislike the side effects but they're much much better than the actual flu. However, I do ask for the regular flu vaccine instead of the super-strength one that is often recommended for seniors. I had that one year and the side effects really wiped me out.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X