Yelling during seizure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yelling during seizure?

I was on a Zoom call with a friend of mine and her students who have intellectual disability and during the Zoom call one of the students yelled like "UHHHH!" and since this student is only semi verbal and uses sign language I thought she was simply expressing anger or displeasure at what the student next to her was doing until the para said "She's having a seizure" and a few seconds later the student was fine like nothing happened, perfectly conscious and acting as though nothing changed. "That was a seizure?!!! Was she expressing pain?!" I said in shock and the para simply said, "We have no way of knowing if she feels pain or not when she has seizures because she can't tell us".
    Are seizures where someone yells out common?
    Is yelling during a seizure a sign of pain? Or is it from the seizure effecting speech areas in the brain?
    If it happens again is there a way to help?
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Michael uttered a screaming sound at the onset of a tonic clonic seizure. It was distinct and alarmed us to his seizures. Jonathan didn't usually make this sound at the onset of a tonic clonic seizure. Both of them had gelastic seizures, where they would giggle and laugh uncontrollably. Some gelastic seizures result in crying.

This is the best resource on the internet for information about epilepsy:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

If you scroll to the bottom of the main page, you will find links to the site. I recommend "Types of Seizures" to understand the various kinds of seizures, which can occur.

Generally, all an observer can do is ensure that the person is safe, turned on her/his side to prevent choking or aspiration, and comfort the person when the seizure is over.

I can't respond to whether seizures cause pain. That would need to be addressed by the folks here, who have experienced seizures. As their mother, I was in pain helplessly watching them seize, unable to do anything for them. Every Mom on CN will tell you the same thing. Many of us lost our children as a result of intractable seizures.

There isn't anything you can do on a Zoom meeting to help a person, who is having a seizure. Bless you for wanting to help. Pray for that person to be seizure-free. That is a gift.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

During some of my Tonic Clonic seizures, I have been told that I have yelled, and even sworn at those around me. Immediately after seizures, I cannot remember what I feel during them, but after a few months, some memory comes back to me. What I feel is claustrophobic, because I cannot control any movements. I do not feel any type of pain, though, except afterward, when I get a severe migraine.
      Craig Sheffield - Epilepsy, Chronic Pain (Shoulder, Back, Joint Hyper-mobility, Chronic Migraine), Limited Mobility, Asthma, Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Coma Survivor (2 week followed by full body paralysis. 2 months of PT and OT to walk again.)
      sigpic
      Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Comment

Thanks Rose and Headspin! Much appreciated! Your info was very helpful when another friend of mine experienced an episode yesterday that we think was a seizure. This other person has sensory overload and thought they were having sensory overload when they were swimming and suddenly felt numb and unable to move and the next he knew was a life guard had pulled him out, saying it had looked like he was drowning. Does going numb for 2 seconds in response to a temperature change, then feeling normal after, sound like a seizure to you? This person has a ton of other neurologic issues and I told him to seek a neurologist immediately to test for seizure and stroke. Sorry I did not reply sooner.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

The male I mentioned who had the seizure thinks he had another seizure where he was conscious but shaking uncontrollably after being exposed to freezing water. Can a temperature change trigger a seizure?

Comment

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

While I don't know of anyone, who had a seizure after being in freezing water, I would imagine it is possible. Febrile seizures occur, when the body's temperature elevates beyond normal, eg. 103+ degrees F. So, it is logical that any dramatic drop in body temperature could provoke a seizure.

Some people are affected by barometric pressure changes, which can provoke seizures. Michael's seizures increased significantly during the Full Moon phase. Then, they increased during the New Moon phase.

The list of things, which might provoke a seizure is pretty long.

Why and how was your friend exposed to freezing water? The circumstances of the event might also have provoked the seizure.

I hope that he has recovered and that his seizures will lessen soon.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
              ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

While I don't know of anyone, who had a seizure after being in freezing water, I would imagine it is possible. Febrile seizures occur, when the body's temperature elevates beyond normal, eg. 103+ degrees F. So, it is logical that any dramatic drop in body temperature could provoke a seizure.

Some people are affected by barometric pressure changes, which can provoke seizures. Michael's seizures increased significantly during the Full Moon phase. Then, they increased during the New Moon phase.

Why and how was your friend exposed to freezing water? The circumstances of the event might also have provoked the seizure.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
              He was on the edge of some body of water that was extremely cold both times and felt that they couldn't move except for involuntary shakes. There was nothing physically or emotionally distressing before going to the edge but the person has a long laundry list of nervous system related injuries and disorders. Interesting about the moon phases.

Comment

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
                So update. The person with seizures has seen a doctor and is writing a seizure log of what may be provoking the issues such as temp. The person has noticed other neurologic patterns that need to be checked as well.

Comment

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

A seizure log is very important. I kept logs for Jonathan and Michael. I am glad that your friend is receiving professional help. Your friend should log the other patterns as well as the seizures. I hope the provocation can be narrowed and remedied.

I also hope that you and your loved ones are well and safe and that you have had pleasant holidays.

Happy New Year!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!

Comment

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

A seizure log is very important. I kept logs for Jonathan and Michael. I am glad that your friend is receiving professional help. Your friend should log the other patterns as well as the seizures. I hope the provocation can be narrowed and remedied.

I also hope that you and your loved ones are well and safe and that you have had pleasant holidays.

Happy New Year!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

THANKS!
                    Hi Rose,
                    Yes we made logs for each neurologic pattern, dates and events that happened before and after to account for environment and emotional factors linked to the possible seizures and various other episodes that were somewhat mini stroke like. They will show the logs to the doctor after the holiday season and we are hoping the doctor can give him an answer about whether these issues are related to the long list of existing neurologic diagnosis's, existing hormone disorders and the resulting medications, or a new seizure disorder, and he wants a brain scan and EEG to check for any brain damage or seizure activity.

Comment

Working...
                    X