2 ct scans on brain in 12 hrs. Now booked for mri with contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ct scans on brain in 12 hrs. Now booked for mri with contrast

3 week sustained migraine 3 days in hospital neurologist suspects CSF leak. Was given head CT Scan in emergency room then less than 12 hrs later a second ct scan with contrast done. They said it looked fine but now they have me going for an MRI with contrast . that doesnt sound fine to me!?!?! Anyone else getting basically no info ?

I also was given 9 different injections in my head to freeze the nerves which still did not help. but wow did it hurt. 4 needles accross my eyebrows and 5 in back of my head

Comment

Welcome, Mel2020!

I'm just someone with MS who has been on BrainTalk for many years and have no special knowledge of CSF leaks, but I thought you deserved a welcome and a reply.

I found this on CSF leaks:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

The diagnostic process isn't easy, and if you have no reason to believe your doctor isn't competent, why not trust your doctor to know what tests are needed? It probably would help if you do some research on your doctor and the institution he/she is affiliated with. The ratings and reviews can be very helpful. If you're not finding favorable information when you've done some digging, by all means change doctors.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X