Major league baseball to observe annual Lou Gehrig Day June 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major league baseball to observe annual Lou Gehrig Day June 2

I noticed this about baseball's new Lou Gehrig Day, June 2--to raise awareness of ALS and to raise funds for finding a cure.

Please note that you need to click on the line of text that says "Lou Gehrig Day..." The line below it, which looks more like a link, takes you only to the main page for the MLB Website.
    Last edited by agate; 04-12-2021, 08:25 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

I've always played lacrosse before, so, surprisingly, there are camps like this. But now I want to learn all the rules of baseball, especially what medications athletes take. As far as I understand, is it to increase stamina? For example, in lacrosse, more critical equipment availability and the proper approach to training and rest. It is also important to pump your endurance. Not so long ago, I also ordered a particular net to train at home. So if any of you also want to prepare extra, you may find Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... helpful. Perhaps the point is that these sports have a different approach.

Comment

Welcome, salivanjack!

I believe athletes take a wide variety of medications but there are usually strict rules about just what medications those are and how much of them should be taken. I'm sure you're aware that there have been scandal stories about instances where athletes competing in major contests (Olympics, etc.) have been in trouble for taking some meds just to improve their performance.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X