Last of my litter and some other rants lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last of my litter and some other rants lol

Well these are the last of my litter. These two sweet girls. Maggie is the black one, Fannie is the grey and white. They are about 28 weeks old and the sweetest, rowdiest, sassiest little girls. I thought Maggie was going to be a holy terror but she has turned into a cuddler. Now her sister Fannie is the bad girl. She comes up to ya for lovins' but then goes about her business. She is a great explorer. I will miss them but a friend who works with a rescue that I sometimes foster for has agreed to take them and put them up for adoption today, I believe she said there is already an app in for them just from putting them up on their website. I prefer to keep these two together, Maggie is the runt of the litter and was very attached to mom. Mom Porter went to rescue last weekend. They called for her for almost three days, it was heartbreaking. They have a special meow for mom that is so sad when the kitties do it. I will miss them. Seems word about what I do finally got out and now I have a sad, scrawny-looking kitty that is hanging out around my house. I cracked my garage door and put food out front, which is where I saw it, going up on my porch. Put a bowl in the garage also. Got some traps and I am going to see if I can trap her. See this is what happens, I go on FB and announce to everyone that I am taking a break for a while and this cat shows up literally at my door. Doing this rescuing, fostering and networking is exhausting mentally and emotionally because the cat population is out of hand people are so stupid and difficult to deal with and most of what I see are cats that need help. I'm exhausted and I am neglecting some things that need to be taken care of around here. I am consumed. There is not enough help to go around. I want to start a group that will put boots to the ground to rally up fosters from the general population. We often have a rescue for vetting and adopting out, can always get funding but there is nowhere for the cats to go. The rescues are full and there aren't enough fosters, what we need are fosters. I want to recruit, I have a plan. know the demographics I want to hit. I just need people to help.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Thanks for the darling photos. Bless your big heart for being so good to needy cats.

Comment

What you're doing is really impressive, and it's not surprising that word is traveling along the kitty grapevine. I once heard that back in the 1930s when there was such a bad Depression and hobos were traveling through the country on foot, they had a shorthand way of communicating with one another by little signs they put up along the roads they travelled. One of them was a cat symbol, and it meant that "This is a household that will welcome you."

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Maybe homeless cats have a way of signaling each other about humans who will be kind to them.
      Last edited by agate; 01-22-2022, 05:55 PM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thank you ladies, I love doing it. I just wish my body and finances would allow me to do more. Jingle the amount of needy kitties is mind boggling. It is becoming an epidemic across the country. Some places are considering labeling them as vermin and allowing the elimination of them.

Agate I loved your article, I had no idea. I shared it on my FB page, a lot of people will enjoy it.

Both of my girls got adopted, together!!! Yay, a wonderful family, a couple with two barely adult young men still living at home. They were so excited that they were waiting when my kittens got to the adoption event. They saw their pictures on Petfinder and put in an app less than 24 hours later. I am so happy and their mama Porter has gone to a foster, she is comfortable enough to show belly and that makes me very happy.

Comment

This must be one colossally big plus for the Internet--the way it facilitates finding lost pets and finding homes for homeless animals.

Since I get daily e-mails from my Nextdoor Website, I've noticed how many people post about their missing pets or their kittens or puppies needing homes, complete with photos, and they get many replies.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I have joined the Nextdoor App also, it is confusing for me. I have seen the animal posts. I did post my kittens there. I have also put out a plea for fosters there. I have no idea what we would do if we lost the internet.

Comment

Yes, I find Nextdoor hard to follow too. I get a few daily e-mails from it but look into them only now and then.

Comment

Working...
              X