No announcement yet.

What's happening? Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... ??

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... did you all die of the vaccine? no one comes here now
      Still Alive and actively kicking lol Not yet vaccinated, but planning to do so. How about you?

Comment

hello too tired to read things

Comment

Hi Clouds, currently unvaccinated but hoping to get the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine though I am sure I will not have a choice. I figure J&J had a lot more time to figure things out and see how the others are doing. I am not looking forward to the sides but I may get lucky and not have any.

Things are going the same here, still rescuing kitties. Have yet to clean off my catio. Queen Belladonna pushed her way through a corner of the screened door and got outside so they are banned to the indoors until I get some repairs made again. It's a hot mess out there too.

I have not even been out to the yard to see how things are. I know I have trees down in my little bit of woods. Those need to be cut up and be put in the woodpile. Brandon wants to get my chainsaw out and see if it works. It is brand new so I know it works but I don't trust it since it got repaired. Scares me just the thought of handling one. And having my accident-prone son using it is scary LOL. We had to tear down the little shed my grandfather built. It was coming apart. Brandon was able to easily dismantle it. I had hoped that the bones were good but there was some wood rot so it had to go. Along with my compost bin. CJ and I built that ten years ago and it served it's purpose, gave me some beautiful fertile dirt but it was made out of pallets and those fall apart so that has mostly come down. All to the burn pile.

My ex-MIL had a stroke a couple of nights ago. I feel for the woman despite our differences. I know she is a strong independent woman and absolutely despises the medical community and how everybody talks to her like she is a baby. She has lost her right side movement though is it very slowly coming back already. Brandon lives with her so he found her. He has been at the hospital with her every day. Her own sons have not even seen her yet. One lives in Georgia and intends on coming up eventually and the other is super paranoid and is using the pandemic as an excuse not to see his mother. All because she is in a hospital. I pray she gets her faculties back or she will wind up in a senior/rehabilitative care facility long term.

So of course one of the docs told Brandon that smoking is the leading cause of stroke so he is on a mission to have both of us quit smoking. He already sees the difficulties I am having with my asthma and I have started coughing at night. So yes, it is time. I am getting a lung scan when I get my mammogram this month.

Jared has been put on a beta-blocker because his blood pressure is so high. He is only 20. His blood pressure has been high. He weighs near 300 pounds, he has a big frame so while he is big it doesn't look like he weighs that much. I have stopped buying so much junk food and pop. I have also put on 40 pounds this last year. Neither one of us is active. He even less than me. He has been trying to move more and get up and walk around, visit other parts of the house lol. I have failed him by letting him sit in that room and play on that computer for all these years. I may have killed him. I have to live with that. I have not been a good example and have been an accomplice in his health problems.

Well, that all went dark for a moment there. Rose my house is still a hot mess. My bedroom is the worst and the bathroom, well let's just say I would deter anyone but us from seeing it. I can't get the rust stains off of my shower walls. I used a toilet bowl cleaner one time that worked awesomely but I don't know what brand it was and so far I am having no luck repeating the process. My water is horrible.

Jared bought me a couple Diamond Painting kits for my birthday, I love them. I missed crafting so much. My room has been turned over to cats, which I have two right now. Here is a link if anyone is interested. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... I have three canvasses. I just listen to the radio or audible books while I am doing it.

Well that is all for now. I have been on an even keel mentally. The raise in Latuda seems to have helped a bit. BUT, I still am lethargic. I wonder if all the meds I take contribute to my depression. I can't talk to a pharmacologist.

Comment

Hi houghchrst! Hope everything is fine. I'm sorry about what happened to your ex, but you planning to visit her?

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
              Hi Jingle, Hi everyone!

Praying for your recovery jingle. hugs hugs hugs

My sister-in-law just gave birth a few weeks ago via Cesarean section, and it was a healthy baby boy. The baby is with us - my mom, my son, and me. The baby can't be with the mom and dad because of the Covid situation. My sister-in-law was tested positive upon delivery, so they have to isolate her and the baby. But after a few days of having medicines, the 2nd swabbing result came negative, so they were able to go home but separately until the 14-day quarantine is over. The baby's 1st pediatric check-up will be this coming Monday, and hopefully, the recommendation would be good so that the baby will be with his mom and dad.

Praying that this pandemic would be over...

Keep safe everyone :)
              Good thing the baby's Covid test was negative. Hoping and praying for safety and good health to your family.

Comment

Well my opinion on the J&J vaccine was obviously a bust. I have been and had my first Moderna injection. Pain in upper shoulder could have used some ice the next day but I just took it easy. Get my second on the 14th. Jared and I both. Brandon needs to get his. Was a quick and easy drive thru.

Lost a friend of over 30 years to Covid two days ago. Guess he had been sick for a while but was so busy taking care of his girlfriend and their wedding preparations that he didn't take care of himself. They think he already had a partially collapsed lung when he finally went into the hospital. Then his heart rate was high but his oxygen levels never recovered. He developed Sepsis. It is all just terrible. Having a hard time right now.

Comment

Chris, I'm so sorry you lost a friend to COVID-19. This is one brutal pandemic.

jingle, how are you doing?

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

i dont trust these fake vaccines hell no

Comment

Ricky Schroder confronts Costco employee over mask requirement in viral video: 'You're just going to listen to their rules?' yahoo

Comment

Hey there guys. Yes has been a while. Oh gosh, what's been going on....let's see. Jared and I still need our boosters. My van is yet again down so getting medical transport is a pain. They have to drop us off and pick us up 20 minutes later. They are always early to drop off but tell everyone an hour til pick up. It really doesn't take that long but it takes long enough to be a pain.

I am still fostering, right now I have a mama and two kittens out of a litter of 7. Mama goes up for adoption on Saturday then I will just have the littles. I think I am going to take a break after. I am having some mental issues that need to be addressed. I will still network and then maybe eventually short-term foster.

I am still in process of trying to get TMS done but the insurance needs certain criteria to be made in order to qualify and I am having difficulty getting the information with no transportation. All I need is a list of meds I have been on since 2006. I have to have been on an anti-depressant and had them fail at least three times. Well hell, I got that beat. Every change in dosage counts also.

I stupidly quit taking my Latuda at the end of July, cold turkey, because I felt it made me emotionally numb and I just felt heavy and apathetic, like living under a dark cloud. So after the worst of the withdrawals were over I developed dyskinesia, probably around the end of September/beginning of October. I say probably because I believe it had been happening for a while before it became really intrusive and I noticed it near the end of October/beginning of November. I tried to research it but everything I was reading was about Tardive Dyskinesia and that was grim. Then our wonderful Jeannie found Withdraw Emergent Dyskinesia. I was thrilled, that was it, and there was a great recovery rate. I had been battling it with .5 of Klonopin and 4 mg of Tizanidine and 800 UI of Vitamin E which I read was shown in clinical trials to help. Thank God it didn't happen while I slept. I may have gone insane.

Psych sent me to a neuro who was wonderful and we were both on the same page to going back on the Latuda so I am taking 20 mg twice a day. And I had totally forgotten that I am supposed to have a minimum of 375 calories when I take it so my morning dose is not getting fully activated. I have been able to tell a huge difference in the dyskinesia, my tongue feels better. When I first went on it I had like three days where it was gone, I can feel it again but it is mild and I think that activating that morning dose might help. I was rather raw emotionally when I quit taking and the withdrawals were mostly gone but this small dosage has made me feel better. I feel a little more energetic. I haven't taken a nap in a long time and that has been my ritual for a couple of years. My skin picking is terrible right now. It had cleared up for a long time but I had kittens again and they leave claw marks up and down my legs and because of my allergies they itched but now I have picked at them they have gone from pinpricks to big sores. So I am working on stopping that now.

Made it through another holiday season. I cooked for Thanksgiving and my oldest brother came over. Still, no relationship with my other brothers and I prefer it that way. For Christmas, my brother made cannelloni which was a favorite of all us kids. My mom would make it once in a while and often at Christmas we asked for that. Thanksgiving was turkey day, the only day of the year I eat turkey except for the occasional TV dinner and my mom would make something special for Christmas dinner. Cannelloni, goose, game hens, homemade pizzas, gumbo, and her fried chicken were some of our favorites.

Bought Jared a 3d printer for Christmas. Then his birthday is at the end of January so I got him tools and paints to use with it. They are incredibly affordable for good-quality printers. I told him this year was as good as it gets. Unless they invent something new that is affordable. At least the printer was cheaper than his VR headset. Which we both use surprisingly often. All of his friends have them also so they get to play together. I expect to make some money off that printer now. It is incredibly easy and can be very lucrative. Honestly, if it works out and we are able to make some money I would invest in another. I have seen people who have rows of them, 10-20, and have them constantly going, making things to sell. Since Jared is such a computer geek I am sure he will have no problem coming up with stuff for the gaming industry and other nerds like him.

SweetChoco no I have not been to see my ex MIL. She would probably have me removed from the premises lol. She doesn't like me much anymore. Though my son that stays with her said her attitude towards me started to change when she found out I do animal rescue. My first TNR location was across the street from her house lol. She has actually sent me food that she said her animals would not eat which blew my mind. She is still in rehabilitative care. She is super depressed and was refusing PT but after Brandon gave her a piece of his mind and asked her if she planned on staying permanently she started going. I feel bad for her and honestly, if I was to go up there she would probably cry when she saw me. I know I would for her, no matter what we've been through together. She's a hard nut to crack so who knows.

Being an introvert I think this Covid restriction thing is fantastic. Covid sucks but I love taking advantage of grocery and pharmacy delivery, the telehealth visits are great. I could totally take that as the new norm. But I have discovered that I am lonely. If it weren't for Jared living here I know it would be worse but we bump along just great. Well despite the fact that he is terribly lazy, my fault lol. I miss visiting friends when I wanted to. My van being broken down makes it worse. I have no idea what it will cost to get it fixed but I do know I don't have the money. Sadly I don't know if I will ever be able to afford another vehicle. CJ has been living his own life so he is not as helpful as he use to be. Actually, I have been relying on him less and less. I am sure his girl is relieved.

Well i have gone on long enough. Figured I'd check in here.

Comment

Very nice to hear from you! I hope you're back soon. And I hope you get your booster.

Comment

((((((Chris)))))) ~

Thank you for sharing what has been happening in your world. You have been enduring so much on your own, and you need some help and support.

If you live in proximity to a community college or a trade school, which offers automotive mechanics training, you might find low cost help there to repair your van. Check with nonprofit organizations in your area, who might be able to refer you to resources to help you find affordable van care, or might assist you in receiving the TMS treatment. You never know what help might be out there, if you don't search for it.

Bless Jeannie for finding Withdraw Emergent Dyskinesia and helping you to overcome that agony.

Your Thanksgiving and Christmas sound perfect for you and your brother. I am amazed, and then I'm not, by the number of people in my circles, who are having conflict with family members. Perhaps COVID brings out the worst in some people.

I have no idea what 3-D printing is, but I wish you tremendous success in that endeavor! However, I did watch a docuseries on Apple TV + entitled, "HOME," about unique structures around the world. The last episode was about 3-D concrete homes built in Mexico to house homeless and destitute families. So, the options are unlimited!

You are in my prayers, and I send you and your loved ones healing, positive energy ~

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I think you already know about 3D printing, Rose. If you've watched something about 3D houses being printed, I think that's the general idea. You can print up just about any object.

Chris, I hope that you can find a med dosing schedule that will work well for you. Sometimes a person just has to tinker with various doses and times,etc., until something seems to work right. Then later on go through that again when that stops working right....
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi all, figured what the heck, not a lot is new, may as well write about it LOL. Jared and I both tested positive for Covid last Monday the 31st of January. We started feeling poorly the Friday before. Both of us, right on cue. Besides a lingering cough Jared for the most part is doing much better. I on the other hand am having difficulty with my asthma. Today is the following Sunday and my lungs are worse than when I started. And to make things worse I can't quit smoking, am cutting back but that's about it. Staying on top of meds, and I have a nebulizer I have had to use a couple of times and an oxygen machine in the back of my closet I can dig out if necessary.

As for everything else in my life, well it is still the same, the time of year that I am once again trying to get help for my property taxes. If I can get this last amount paid off I will be caught up for the first time in 11 years. Then it will be easy to stay on top of.

My dyskinesia is still active but not near as bad now that I am back on a low dose of Latuda. My morning dose is not getting activated like it should because it requires being taken on a stomach with at least 375 calories. I do not eat in the morning. That is a lot of calories for me that early in the day. Doc says I can hold off and take it with lunch. Well, my lunch is anywhere from 1:30 on and I take my night dose about 8:30 at night so I don't know if that is too close together. I will ask next talk.

My TMS is pretty much approved, I have to meet with their Psych, who I have had experience with before and it was not a good one. He was Brandon's first psych, suggested I take my then young son to the hospital and have him committed. A$$. So I put in an immediate transfer. I am interested in seeing how this meeting goes. He is the head Doc of the program which I am grateful for because if it weren't for him it would not be accessible to me locally. It is literally a mile from me. So after my 14-day quarantine is over I can get started on treatment. Pray for me you guys. I need this. They are aware that I use MMJ and said that is a nonissue.

My exMIL is still in a nursing home. It doesn't look like she will be getting out. She is refusing to do Physical Therapy. Now she has been there long enough that she has acquired a bill that she is being sued for so it is looking like she will have to sell her house and property. They are trying to make it so Brandon can at least keep the car. He has been living in the house and paying her bills but his a$$hat dad came up from Georgia and took over everything. They are allowing Brandon $100 a week for food, gas, and necessities. Which to me is absurd and if his grandma knew she would be furious. I don't know if any more than that is allowable from her funds since she is being sued. His dad doesn't have a clue as to what to do though supposedly his wife has experience.

I also found out that an exSIL is in hospice. Her daughter Facebook friend requested me not long after I got a message from a friend saying something about her being in hospice at one time. I messaged her back and though her mother and I had no real contact, besides the occasional FB interaction, in a long while she was kind enough to let me know what was going on once I accepted and PMed her back. She said she remembered me always being nice to them when they were children. See that is the last time I saw them. Their stepfather, my exBIL, was a real abusive ba$tard. And to make it worse both parents were alcoholics. She eventually left him but by that time the damage had been done. But I digress, a man with the same last name as exSIL tried to FB message me. I recognized the last name as hers also but when I went to his Facebook profile it was strange and he had a whole list of women friends. From all over the world. So I did not respond. I immediately messaged Kim the profile to ask if she knew the person. She immediately messaged me her phone number and asked that I call her. Well yes and seems like trouble. She said he suffers from a TBI. Has a guardian. We talked for a long time. I didn't bring up anything from the past. We talked about her and her mom, see her mom went the same as mine, alcoholism, there were a lot of similarities in their illness so I was some sort of comfort for her to vent, I just wanted to be there for her. She is happily married with three children and I think after her mother passes except for them she is alone. I have no idea where her older sister is, she was not brought up, and she lost her brother to suicide a few years back, which I did know. I believe she has lost both grandparents which were good to them. They moved from Michigan to Florida to be with them and help care for them. It touched my heart that she remembered me as being kind to them and that she reached out to me. We closed our conversation after about half an hour with me saying I love you and am so sorry and the I love you came so naturally, and she said it back, it surprised me after I hung up. I do not use a heartfelt I love you randomly. I am careful because it means so much. I hope that if she needs me she will contact me. Even if just to talk. I broke down for a little while after that. Mostly for the life those kids had to grow up in and then for the loss of her mother.

It is strange that I am addicted to FB but also the wonderful things that it can accomplish. If not for FB I would not be able to keep up with family like the above. I would not be able to rescue. I would not even know about rescuing and if FB ever closes up shop the rescue world will come crashing down. Old avenues and ways would have to be reopened. Just since FB alone, the stray and feral cat population has become an epidemic all over the country. Places are trying to label them as an invasive species and allow the murdering of them. Dispatching them I believe is a term they like to use. They just do not have the same rights or rules that dogs have. People throw them out like garbage when the slightest problem comes up instead of asking for help. Or when they move, they kick them out the door and move away. The poor cats sit at the door of their home and cry to be let in and when that doesn't work they try a neighbor. So very sad.

Oh gosh, looks like I did have stuff to say. Not feeling so hot and that is plenty for y'all to digest so off maybe for a movie and early lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X