Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

Hey guys,

How is everyone? I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I begin to ruminate things when this Covid19 started, especially during lockdown. I have this feeling that it is unsafe to go out, thinking what if the person I meet is infected, what if the places I go is contaminated. I also feel it is unsafe to have the vaccine even it is approved and rolled-out to the public. I am really worried of what will happen tomorrow.

How can we survive all of these things? I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe...:(

Did you also feel the same way?

Being anxious and ruminating is a normal reaction to this pandemic mess. The Pandemic will end.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

funnylegs is right. It will end. Things might never be quite the same--we may want to wear masks more often than we did before--but there will be a more normal life some day.

We may be more reluctant to go to huge events where people are packed together like sardines, or some of us may. I never liked huge events anyway but others enjoy them.

There has always been a risk involved in being close to other people. We probably always knew that but we took our chances. Now we're being more careful for a while anyway but we can still deal with other people if we keep our distance and don't congregate in clusters. That's the way I see it, anyway.

SweetChoco, I have concerns about the vaccine too. I'm relieved that it will be a while before I'm eligible for it. I'm going to keep an eye on how it goes.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I feel sorta angry
        "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Joel D. Wallach is a biomedical research pioneer, who spent decades in the field of Veterinary Medicine observing and researching the effects of individual nutrients on animal health before becoming a Naturopathic Physician in 1982. Today, Dr. Wallach is renowned for his groundbreaking research on the health benefits of selenium and other minerals. He now dedicates his time to lecturing throughout the world on the therapeutic benefits of vitamins and minerals and on advising the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on behalf of the dietary supplement industry.

Dead Doctors Radio brings together select alternative health voices, whose perspective and expertise offer evidence of the body's natural ability to heal itself. Our goal is to create and gather the most meaningful health related information together as a service to give our readers the tools to empower themselves.

We support this venture by supplying the best nutritional supplements available. We have a bias toward nutrition as a major factor in good health. We believe that is a bias supported by good science and bountiful evidence.
          "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

SweetChoco ~

I agree with funnylegs4 that your anxiety is typical among most people, not just in the U.S. but globally. Staying at home on lock down is stressful for most people too.

I'm used to this, however, because I've been protecting my children and husband from assorted flu viruses for decades. We isolated during "flu season" every year, and only health care providers were allowed in our home. Those people had to wear masks, gowns, and gloves, which we had waiting for them at the front door.

On the occasions when we did go out, we wore masks, long before COVID. We were accustomed to wearing masks, because our sons had been hospitalized in ICU isolation countless times.

Having said that, this is the first pandemic in a century, and I am a Senior with autoimmune disorders, so I am more nervous than I have been previously.

When I have to go out in public, I always wear a mask and gloves, which I change when I leave one location for another (I carry gloves in my purse). As soon as I return home, I take off my clothes and put them in the washing machine.

My groceries (and everything else) are delivered. I clean every item with isopropyl alcohol soaked paper towels, because we can't find Lysol or Clorox wipes anymore. Another option is hydrogen peroxide. Hospitals are now using hydrogen peroxide to clean surfaces.

I order gloves by the case, and I use them for everything. I also wash my hands, even at home, alone, if I have touched something that I have cleaned with alcohol. It's automatic for me after years of being a caregiver.

Before the COVID vaccine becomes available to the general population, thousands/millions probably will be vaccinated, so we'll have a data base for adverse side effects and efficacy. Right now, the vaccine is being given to our first responders and front line medical workers, as it should be. They will be the ones to tell us how safe the vaccine is and whether they have antibodies to COVID.

So, I try not to think about the vaccine, because it will be months before it might be available to me. My research so far tells me it could be a problem for me. So I wait until more data is collected.

I don't know what a "normal" life is. I've lived through many wars, riots, terrorist attacks, school shootings, epidemics (which didn't get to the pandemic level), as have we all. COVID is different, a once in a century event, which might not have been as catastrophic as it is, if it had been managed properly.

As for COVID being conquered, I pray that will be the case. Whether we will ever be "normal" again is another question.

Looking at the Big Picture, I ask, "How did this virus happen in the first place? Where did it come from? Where do any of these viruses come from?"

Because if Ebola, H1N1, Swine Flu, and COVID can happen, what's next?

We must take care of our planet and all life on our planet. Every day our planet is polluted by our waste. We reap what we sow.

Be vigilant, patient, and ponder how we can turn this around. How can we turn this negative into a positive?

Deep breaths, meditation, and being very careful about social contact, wearing a mask everywhere, washing your hands, and being okay with isolation, until we're safe to go out again, are the best paths to coping with this crisis.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

It has become very easy for this introvert with a bit of a social phobia to stay at home. I have been stagnating for months I feel. I only go out for prescriptions and grocery pickup. I am seriously depressed and anxious into a frozen state of unmotivation. My pain is huge too so that makes everything worse. I have gained at least 20 pounds I am pretty sure.

I do not plan on getting the vaccine immediately. I have heard the side effects and I keep wondering if it could trigger another hear attack. I will wait and make sure we don't wipe out our first responder community. Hopefully by the time it actually reaches the general public most of any bugs will be worked out. I am growing more depressed by the day. I have two friends that are outside my Covid Bubble that I risk seeing once in a while but it is not frequently enough. Smoking terrifies me due to the Covid because I believe it is only a matter of time before everyone had or has it whether symptomatic or not. I will not fare well I feel.

I think of you all daily and pray everyone is staying safe.

Comment

Thank you all for sharing your own experience during this pandemic, I feel a bit better now. I just felt alone fighting this situation, and your thoughts and recommendations have helped me convince myself otherwise and everyone is doing their best to cope up and to survive. A friend suggested that I should listen to delta waves on youtube to calm my mind, so far, it's doing well to keep me at peace when I listen.
                Last edited by SweetChoco; 12-22-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I just stumbled into this site on Top ten Covid-19 Anxiety Reduction Strategies (Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and number one is Media Distancing. I somewhat agree that Covid was way overblown by the media. Your thoughts on this guys?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post
                    Hey guys,

I just stumbled into this site on Top ten Covid-19 Anxiety Reduction Strategies (Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and number one is Media Distancing. I somewhat agree that Covid was way overblown by the media. Your thoughts on this guys?
                    Hey @Sweetchoco

How are doing? Hope you are feeling better. I just checked that article and it was a good read, it was helpful too. I also agree with that media is inflating the news - probably to gain traction, publicity or money? Media is not helping with the situation at all. So better focus on things that will enhance your self esteem and positive thoughts.

Take a long walk - this will help. I am doing this every morning. Try it out mate.

Comment

Originally posted by daughtergaited View Post
                      Hey @Sweetchoco

How are doing? Hope you are feeling better. I just checked that article and it was a good read, it was helpful too. I also agree with that media is inflating the news - probably to gain traction, publicity or money? Media is not helping with the situation at all. So better focus on things that will enhance your self esteem and positive thoughts.

Take a long walk - this will help. I am doing this every morning. Try it out mate.
                      Hi!

Im glad that you also liked the article. All those tips are indeed beneficial. Actually I did not watch the news for a week now and I am feeling better. Well except for what my neighbor told about the new strain of the covid virus that came from UK. She told me that the new strain is faster to be transmitted to a person - so I think staying at home would be best. Btw, what's your thoughts regarding the vaccine?

Happy to share that I did a 4km walk this morning together with our dog. It was fun and stress reliever, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post
                        Hi!

Im glad that you also liked the article. All those tips are indeed beneficial. Actually I did not watch the news for a week now and I am feeling better. Well except for what my neighbor told about the new strain of the covid virus that came from UK. She told me that the new strain is faster to be transmitted to a person - so I think staying at home would be best. Btw, what's your thoughts regarding the vaccine?

Happy to share that I did a 4km walk this morning together with our dog. It was fun and stress reliever, indeed.
                        Hey!

That's great! Walking and seeing nature is good for our mind and body. Glad you did it. And yes, distancing ourselves from the media would give us peace of mind. It eats our time from healthy things.

My thoughts regarding the vaccine - I am thankful that there is already a vaccine against covid19. And I think I'll be taking one. I am bit hesitant but for sure I'll have one.

Comment

Originally posted by daughtergaited View Post
                          Hey!

That's great! Walking and seeing nature is good for our mind and body. Glad you did it. And yes, distancing ourselves from the media would give us peace of mind. It eats our time from healthy things.

My thoughts regarding the vaccine - I am thankful that there is already a vaccine against covid19. And I think I'll be taking one. I am bit hesitant but for sure I'll have one.
                          So you think it is safe to have it? But they say that the vaccine wont work because the virus keeps on mutating.

Comment

Speaking of vaccines, what are your thoughts on Pfizer, Moderna and Sinovac vaccines?

Comment

Did anyone here take the vaccine? How is it? Care to share some thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X