Divinity -- I made divinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divinity -- I made divinity

Sometimes divinity is almost impossible to make and sometimes, like today, it cooks right up. I made today's batch with black walnuts and the next will be pecans. I feel soooooo good.
    This afternoon I'm going to make vanilla fudge.
    i really enjoy making candy.

I've never tackled candy but have had divinity --and it was really tasty. I love black walnuts.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

My sister LOVES black walnuts and it's difficult to find just about anything with them - so she was delighted when I delivered this divinity. And I have half a nice bag of black walnuts left. What shall I do with them? I might try them in some fudge. And I do have that really good recipe for vanilla fudge.

Comment

Well, rats. This evening I failed with a batch of divinity. I am so disappointed. This month I've made three very successful batches so I suppose it was time -if there is such a thing = to fail. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Black walnuts make fudge very special.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Black walnuts are so distinctive. I'm taking a big selection of candy to a lunch at church tomorrow so I continued trying and made a successful batch of divinity with pecans. It's all right but the black walnut is very much better.
            I did have a lot of fun - and a lot of work - today making all that candy. And I'm taking a big carton of zip-lock bags so people can take candy and cookies home.

Comment

Lucky people! I'm sure the divinity will taste divine. (Bad attempt at a joke there.)

Comment

Yes, the divinity was appreciated. It was so funny that so many people had not tasted that for years! And most people had never tasted potato candy. in their whole lives.

The church crowd was the main group of people I wanted to have candy. There are a few people left on my list so I'm making more today.

Comment

Angel food cake might be good at a church event too....

Comment

"Angel food cake might be good at a church event too...." LOL LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X