Dinner at church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner at church today

After regular morning service at church, we're having a big, basket dinner together. That's why I'm up early - I'm preparing a bunch of food to take

What did you bring?

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I took my usual broccoli salad, big relish tray and a crock pot with a mix of my recipes for Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Pasta and Chicken Carbonara. It was a very good day.

Comment

Your church group probably feels lucky you're one of them. I can recall bringing only one dish to any such dinner I've been to in years past. Quite a few people would bring baked beans, and so I never tried bringing that but I often got by with a 3- or 4-bean salad, which was very easy to put together.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Lots of us bring one dish, lots of us bring 2 or 3, some bring nothing ... We all bring what we are comfortable with.
          This is my place to try a new recipe, do what is expected, do something that will be useful. Because I live alone, trying a new recipe no matter how I try to cut it down, is probably going to make a lot of waste. Taking it to a group is always a place to learn.
          lol -- at our last dinner I made a new recipe casserole and had to throw out the leftovers - no one wanted any. This chicken casserole was very popular and two ladies asked for the recipe.

Comment

I usually bring deviled eggs. That doesn’t sound appropriate for church though. LOL.

Comment

LOL -- deviled eggs are so popular they ae welcome anytime, anywhere. I sure love 'em. How do you make yours?

Comment

You could always make the deviled eggs but present them under a different name....

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Sandinmyears ~

It's so nice to see you here posting again! I hope you are well.

jingle ~

I haven't made deviled eggs for a long time, but I used to mix the yolk with mayo, Dijon mustard, a bit of garlic powder, a bit of onion powder, and a bit of dried dill. I sprinkled paprika on top of the filled egg half. I can no longer eat egg yolks, but I still make that concoction for egg whites salad. It's not the same without the yolks.

When serving them at church, you can tell your congregation that they are Heavenly Eggs!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Everybody at church calls them deviled eggs and gobbles them down. We love devils food cake too!!

Comment

Or Divine Eggs!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X