Reading fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading fiction

I read a lot and have saved books written by favorite authors. I just found that most of my precious James Michener ancient paperbacks use print too small for me to read with these old eyes. So I've been wandering Amazon looking for which replacements to buy now.
    And Amazon threw Exodus by Leon Uris in my path. Exodus!! Anyone else remember that book? I looked for other Uris books and remembered loving several --- and some are only available used. That's two big orders to Amazon today.

I didn't read the book but saw the movie. It's a fairly long book as I recall?

Are you able to read on a Kindle?

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Hi Agate, I don't own a Kindle and don't think I want to. I'm a slow leaner and don't want another piece of equipment to worry about. I own a cell phone but never use it unless I have to call Spectrum to tell them my phone is dead. (I would like to be able to use that more).
      Anyhow ..... I love and treasure a good, solid book.

Comment

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... maybe youd like that
          "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... maybe youd like that
            Thank you, clouds z, I went to barnesandnoble to read about that book, which I know is for sale in my local Walmart. For some reason I've never been interested. I'll try again.

Comment

some local woman wrote this i guess-if its good who knows
              "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Comment

I read A LOT. I have a quiet life and books sort of keep me going.

Comment

i have some book"the spare room " by garner

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                  Last edited by clouds z; 08-10-2021, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                    I didn't read the book but saw the movie. It's a fairly long book as I recall?

Are you able to read on a Kindle?
                    Where have you watched it? I wanna see it too.

Comment

I saw "Exodus" around the time when it came out (1960). It is probably available on Netflix or on rental DVD through your local library--or maybe even on one of the streaming services.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I suppose I saw Exodus before it went into paperback. In 1960 there's no way I could afford a book .... I was working in the local soft ice cream/hamburger shop for 45 cents per hour.
                        There aren't many great books made into movies that I haven't read.

Comment

I haven't read the book either. My impression is that the book wasn't anything great but it was a huge bestseller.

Comment

Right now I'm reading Uris' TOPAZ and it's a complicated thriller.

Comment

Just finished OLIVE, AGAIN by Elizabeth Strout--a followup to OLIVE KITTERIDGE. I read that and saw the movie. Olive isn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed both books and enjoyed getting to know Olive.

Comment

Working...
                              X