Happy Mother's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Mother's Day!

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

I enjoyed this:
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

((((((HUGS TO ALL MOMS!)))))) ~

Thank you, agate, for this thread! I hope you've had a lovely Mother's Day.

Of course, for me, this is a difficult day. John and my dear friend, who is a daughter to me, made sure to remind me that I'm loved. Both of them lost their moms, and I could never replace them. But, I can be a substitute and offer my love and nurturing.

On this day, I think about all of the incredible Moms I have known in my lifetime. Moms of children with disabling conditions, Moms, who have disabling conditions, Moms, who work outside of the home, single Moms, Moms, who adopted their children, and provided foster care, Moms who give all that they have to love and protect their children.

Oprah has said that being a Mother is the hardest job in the world. That is perfectly illustrated in the cartoon you shared. And those are only a few of the things we are/do.

Being a Mom during a pandemic is also on the list of how important Moms are to keep the world revolving.

I thank God for the blessings of Jonathan and Michael as my sons. That I was entrusted with their precious purpose on Earth as teachers to all of us is amazing. An honor, a gift.

Then God gave us Jim, their wonderful dad and my soul mate.

They are celebrating me in Bliss. And, as much as I miss them, which is indescribable, I am grateful that they are together and free of their Earthly burdens.

God Bless All Mothers Everyday!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I'm so glad you replied to this thread, Rose. Yes, Mother's Day can be a difficult day for anyone who has lost a child, as for those who have never had children and for those whose children were separated from them forever for any of a variety of reasons. I sometimes wonder if we should have Mother's Day or Father's Day at all just because so many people will feel so very left out and pained by knowing that others are observing an occasion they are shut out of.

But we all had mothers, and we know people who are mothers, and if we were mothers once, we can be glad we had that experience. I had my daughter as my friend for 27 years and my life would have been much bleaker without her existence, short though it was.

Comment

Working...
        X