Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite app or software that is helping you in your day to day life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite app or software that is helping you in your day to day life?

Hi guys,

Can I ask for your favorite app or software that you are using in your everyday routine? And what made you have an interest in those apps or software for that matter? Does it help you with your condition or situation?

This is probably available as an app but for me it's just a Website I keep handy on my computer because I go to it during the day--the AARP Games site. I haven't explored most of the games but have a few favorites--solitaire card games plus a Mahjongg solitaire. Each one takes only a few minutes to play. I can spend little bits of time playing a game when I'm waiting around..

I often have to wait on hold on the phone and this can be tedious. I fill in the time by playing games while I wait. Or maybe I have a few minutes left on a timer before I need to go back to the laundry room. I can sit here and play a game or two at those times.

On days when the stress level is high, I play the games more often than usual as they can be calming. The card games I like are Klondike, Canfield, and TriPeaks.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks for sharing agate

Have you been in to that website for a long time already?

I only know the Solitaire game. I am curious how are the Klondike, Canfield, and TriPeaks card game work . So do you play Mahjong too? hehehe

Comment

I use Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... for Solitaire and/or Freecell.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post
          Thanks for sharing agate

Have you been in to that website for a long time already?

I only know the Solitaire game. I am curious how are the Klondike, Canfield, and TriPeaks card game work . So do you play Mahjong too? hehehe
          I should have revised that earlier post. I've temporarily given up on the AARP site. Two or three times now my monitor screen has gone black while I was on that site. It may have been too much for my computer. I did find another site that has some of those games--I haven't found TriPeaks yet but just started checking it out.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

The games themselves usually worked fairly well on the AARP site, and I've been on it for a couple of years, though sometimes there was a problem getting the cards to move around--but again that may have been my computer's problem. Yes, I play Mahjongg tiles but not the real Mahjongg! I wouldn't begin to know how to play real Mahjongg--it's a really complex game, I think. With online Mahjongg tiles you just pair up the tiles.

jingle, I'm going to try the link you recommend--many thanks!

Comment

I am using more often my design apps such as Canva, Photoshop, Picart, and a few more. I am enjoying doing picture edits and enhancement. For recreation, I use Netflix to watch series and movies.

agate I am confused about how Mahjongg is played. It seems I cant how they pair the blocks

Comment

I've played several variants of online Mahjongg over the years but all have involved matching up pairs of tiles. They have to be exactly alike. You click on the two you find that are alike and make sure they're available--they should have a free side and not be touching too many other tiles. You'd get the hang of it pretty fast by trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                  I've played several variants of online Mahjongg over the years but all have involved matching up pairs of tiles. They have to be exactly alike. You click on the two you find that are alike and make sure they're available--they should have a free side and not be touching too many other tiles. You'd get the hang of it pretty fast by trial and error.
                  So you cant place the tile if there is a tile next to it, even if you have a pair of same tiles?

Comment

Different mahjongg games have slightly different rules. I'm afraid you have to keep trying one play and then another and find what works, but usually the rules are available somewhere if you look around on the page for the mahjongg game. Sometimes they're hidden away but they're probably there. Sorry I can't be more helpful but some mahjongg setups get very tricky with the rules about what tiles can be moved.

Comment

My iPhone alarm and my iPhone calendar. I also keep a seizure journal on my iPhone. The alarm reminds me to do daily or weekly things like taking my pills, doing my Bible study, reading my email, etc. My calendar reminds me when I have upcoming doctor appointments, to reorder my medications when they’re coming due, to send birthday cards, etc. The seizure journal is actually just a journal/diary app that I take notes in daily and transfer over to a paper journal every few days. I no take it to the doctor sometimes if I’ve had a few seizures between visits.

For games, I play Words with Friends with other users and I play Sudoku alone.
                      Last edited by sandinmyears; 11-14-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X