I'm having so much fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having so much fun

I keep finding new recipes for cookies that I just can't wait to try. I wish I were rich -- I keep needing new ingredients.
    I'm on my way to the grocery store tonight to see if I can find some vanilla beans.

Good luck with the vanilla beans. Hope you found some!

One problem with cookie recipes is that there are so many of them!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi agate, I found some Walmart brand vanilla beans. $11.99 for ONE small vanilla bean. $11.99 !! I've decided to not try that recipe which call for two.

Comment

Penzey's Spices has 3 for $25--still not cheap!
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks again, agate. I've moved on to other recipes. A couple days ago I made some with dark chocolate chips and black walnuts. I thought they were OK ... my sister thinks they are the very best cookies she's ever tasted!.

Comment

Anything with black walnuts is good, in my opinion. I used to live in an area where there were black walnut trees. The nuts are almost impossible to open but worth the effort.

Comment

When my sisters and I were small we were responsible for providing the very necessary nuts for Christmas candy. We gathered the hickory nuts and black walnuts in big "gunny" (burlap) sacks we dragged behind us. Then we worked to shell the nuts. Black walnuts were a major job. We dumped them out of the bag to a place where dad would be running over them. That removed the outer shell and a few days drying in the sun we could handle the nuts --- still very, very staining. They were so hard and difficult to break and get the nuts out and worth all the effort.
              A couple years ago I ordered some black walnuts, all clean and dry, on ebay. They were very nice but still extremely difficult to crack and I still had stains on my hands.

Comment

Yes, I remember the stains! Very hard to get rid of!

Comment

Working...
                X