Roll Call August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Call August

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, just starting this new thread.
    I'm getting some photos to enter into the local fair, and hope they are shown. I also hope everyone is having a good summer, as well.

hope your photos are shown purple. sounds like fun! my hubby is really into photography and is starting to sell some of his work. he's so thrilled because it's something he loves. can you believe nick turned 20 yesterday?? it's so hard for me to wrap my brain around, partly because he's my baby and partly because of all he's been through. but he's doing great!

Comment

Congratulations to hubby and happy birthday, Nick. :)

Comment

Thank you for starting roll call purple!

I've been super busy since my Dad had a heart attack on Father's Day. We've moved him to a new assisted living aoartment and have been working to prepare his condo for sale.

My daughter also had a baby boy on July 17th. Nolan Daniel, 9lbs 15 oz ! Now I have three grandchildren!

Luanne, no, I cannot believe Nick is 20!!!! I think he was about twelve when you first started posting? J is going to be a senior in HS and will turn 18 in Jan. How time flies.
        The Gluten File

Comment

Guess the biggest news for August from me is that I have committed to a month of exercise with a trainer. I really have no motivation to exercise and I have been a total failure in doing this on my own. Even joining a group does not help. I need someone to expect me to show up.

My heart is behaving well. Seems that the symptoms abated right after I started Resveratrol.

Happy Birthday Nick! Hard to believe so many years since meeting you have flown by.

Congrats Cara.

Purpel - hope your photos get shown.

Anne

Comment

We are having a quiet summer. It is the first year that we could not get the “kids” (now 24, 22 and 18) together at the same time for a vacation. My daughter is waitressing at a lodge in the Grand Teton National Park and having a fantastic time hiking on her time off. We decided to send our youngest son to spend 5 days with her. For him to be able to make a trip like that shows how far he has come with improvement in his health. I met a few of you when he was in 2nd grade and had unrelenting nausea while being treated for Lyme. He has had a lot of health issues over the years but is currently doing great with the minor inconvenience of having a gluten, dairy, egg, soy, legume and nut free diet.

Time sure does fly. I can’t believe Nick turned 20! Happy Birthday Nick.

--Judy

Comment

It's so long since I logged in, I almost forgot my user name. I've been really busy getting food put away for the winter. We do so much better as far as cross contamination is concerned with food available now that I try to put a lot away to get us through the winter. I've been filling the freezers to capacity so I decided to start canning. I've never done it before and I haven't seen family do it either. I was sitting down with the instructions and the pressure canner and here I go.

Comment

Just got back from OR and my granddaughter's wedding a family reunion. It was a lot of fun and this is the first time that a lot of us have been together since 2005. Her sister was her Maid of Honor and her brother did the music for the wedding.

The summer has been flying by. I just received my 23 and me results, and would you believe, that I have the genetic markers for celiac disease, LOL. I also have markers for Selective IgA Deficiency which may explain a delay in diagnosis. I am
                so glad that I used Enterolab to help figure this out.

Happy Birthday to Nick.

Congrats to Cara on the new grandbaby.

Anne, I am glad that you are going to workout with a trainer. That should help.

I am going for PT because of my L shoulder tendonitis. It developed last fall and I just kept thinking it would get better, but it did not. Finally went to a doctor and he sent me for PT. It is helping some, but I cannot canoe or lift weights right now. Just have
                to do the exercises prescribed. Fortunately this is mostly tendon and muscle, and not something else.

Marilyn

Comment

My rheumatologist as told me I might not have AS. She said that 80% of the population has the gene (HLA B27). Anyway, she is having me do Physical Therapy, which I'm sure I need and is sending me for a pelvis and lumbar spine MRI. Whee... should be fun. Someone told me to practice lying still. :p
                  Oh yes, I ordered a $2,600 air bed. I have a feeling my bed might be part of the issue.

If you ever need to research sleep related products, this site is amazing: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Originally posted by NancyM View Post
                    My rheumatologist as told me I might not have AS. She said that 80% of the population has the gene (HLA B27). Anyway, she is having me do Physical Therapy, which I'm sure I need and is sending me for a pelvis and lumbar spine MRI. Whee... should be fun. Someone told me to practice lying still. :p
                    Oh yes, I ordered a $2,600 air bed. I have a feeling my bed might be part of the issue.

If you ever need to research sleep related products, this site is amazing: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                    Thanks for sharing your source, very helpful. Check another useful review on good mattresses Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... , the most of the models are actual in 2018, too.My sister has got one from Simba, which is also represented in this list as one of the best mattresses. The Simba Hybrid Mattress has medium firmness and consists of latex foam, polyfoam and memory foam. It has great deal of advantages and almost no cons. Anyways I would recommend to go to any store and to test out the mattress by yourself, as it is very individual. Some people prefer firm ones, other like medium firmness, soft mattresses, etc. Allergy must be the most annoying thing here, so that you need to take into account this factor, too. Even extra expensive and quality latex mattress can provoke asthma, so beware.

Comment

Working...
                    X