No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Home -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Chris. It sounds as if you're going through a nightmare about the possible foreclosure. I hope that GoFundMe works well for you. I've heard of people who do well with it but it varies.

You could try something I've used often when facing tough financial times--selling anything I could find that would bring in a few dollars. Sometimes it was books, sometimes it was jewelry, sometimes it was furniture. With Craigslist, it's much easier than when you might end up putting an ad in a newspaper (and paying for the ad of course). If you look around you just might find something you can sell.

It's really too bad about your brother. I hope you can patch things up with him. Even if the relationship stays distant and cool, he's still family and it seems a shame to be cut off from him entirely. But sometimes that has to be the way it is.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

Houghchrist - How are you - Have not heard from you and hope every thing is OK - this is a late nite message/early morning, so be it. We have been down many of the same roads together, so I get it. I Will figure out how to PM you, nuff said.
      For some reason, you have been on my mind.
      Blessings
      Alex44
      AKA Rev. Steve
      Where there is Hope, There is Light

Comment

Hi Alex, good to hear from you as always. I hope you are not awake due to your pain. As I age I have gone from a night owl to a day bird so I am up early though I do love my sleep. I am hanging in here. I am terrified about my finances but I am staying in the game. I have done as much as I can for right now. I need to rely on my faith more to attempt some occasional peace in all the mess that is my life. The ole 'Let go and let God'. I am absolutely terrible at it. I feel like if I am not in control then nothing is getting done, if I don't worry about it who will, I think, is my biggest issue. You can always message me here. Or if you do FB I am Christina Hough and Messenger can be used. I do have an email address.

I have not linked my bank account to my GoFundMe account. It has over $500 in it. People are amazing. I am not taking any money out until I hear from the organization that tried to help me before. My caseworker called me after I attempted to redo an intake and said there is some money but the finance department was doing a check to see how much. She said she is hanging on to my file, which she told me first time she is not supposed to do, and they will do their best to help me. I did get anything that was over their threshold to help paid off thanks to some generous people. If that organization can help me then I won't need the money, though I could apply it to the next year's payment and it would make my monthly payment smaller, but if I don't have to use the money than everyone will get their donation back. Maybe I should ask if they want it back or should I apply it to the next year's payment. Is that tacky? I feel like that is tacky. I feel like I should just give them their money back. If I use their money my monthly payment would only be $75, I can totally manage that.

Well I am running on. I am tired of the pandemic and things being closed up. I have gained 40 pounds in the last year. Now I am working on getting it off. Less sweets and carbs.

I hope all are well.

Comment

Chris - use the money! People gave it to pay taxes for you. They won’t care which year you apply it to. If you dont use it, you might still need help next year. Go with the “bird in the hand.”

Best of luck,
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

((((((Chris)))))) ~

I agree with ANN. Use the money. And I will add another adage: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Reverse the roles for a moment: You are the giver to someone in need. Would you want that person to keep your gift or return it to you?

There's your answer.

Keep finding ways to reduce your stress. Schedule at least 5 minutes of quiet time to do breathing exercises and meditation every day. Start slow with body exercises, like gentle stretching. Just some movement to get your circulation going, but not straining any areas, which are vulnerable. Small steps to centering yourself and attending to your spiritual and physical condition. It is important to take care of yourself so that you are able to withstand the stress of every day life. So, make a true effort to do these things to help you relax and let go of the burdens you are carrying.

You will be surprised at how much it helps and how easy it is to do.

Sending healing energy and prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Houghchris - Thank GOD! I was and still worried about you, I will keep on praying for you. I am glad to hear that folk are chipping in, I will too. KEEP the money, for taxes, whatever. Your home is your refuge from the world - HANG onto it! I am so glad glad to hear that things are going better for you and hopefully you are doing better too - emotionally. Take Care, hang in there and I am sure things will work out for you. remember, the LORD works in mysterious ways.
              Blessings
              Alex44
              AKA Rev. Steve

Comment

Working...
              X