Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is helpful for folks with prostate cancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is helpful for folks with prostate cancer?

My coworker has prostate cancer. Does anyone know any diet changes that are helpful to someone with prostate cancer undergoing radiation? Let me know? He keeps hearing opposite perspectives and needs some guidance.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that your coworker has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned from urologists, who treated Jonathan about prostate cancer.

Stop eating red meat.

I don't know the mechanisms or the reasoning, but a reputable urologist told me that red meat contributes to prostate cancer. That was confirmed by an ICU intensivist.

A helpful food for the prostate is tomato. It contains lycopene, which benefits the prostate.

As a cancer patient undergoing radiation therapy, your friend should have access to a nutritionist, who can help him identify the proper diet for his condition. The general diet for any cancer patient is fruits and vegetables, protein, and a well balanced, healthy diet.

It might also be beneficial to increase vitamin supplements, including Vitamin D3, under his oncologist's direction.

If your coworker hasn't been referred to a nutritionist, I would recommend that you suggest he ask for a referral to one.

Healing prayers for your coworker; may he conquer the beast.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
      ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that your coworker has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned from urologists, who treated Jonathan about prostate cancer.

Stop eating red meat.

I don't know the mechanisms or the reasoning, but a reputable urologist told me that red meat contributes to prostate cancer. That was confirmed by an ICU intensivist.

A helpful food for the prostate is tomato. It contains lycopene, which benefits the prostate.

As a cancer patient undergoing radiation therapy, your friend should have access to a nutritionist, who can help him identify the proper diet for his condition. The general diet for any cancer patient is fruits and vegetables, protein, and a well balanced, healthy diet.

It might also be beneficial to increase vitamin supplements, including Vitamin D3, under his oncologist's direction.

If your coworker hasn't been referred to a nutritionist, I would recommend that you suggest he ask for a referral to one.

Healing prayers for your coworker; may he conquer the beast.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
      Thank you so much, this is indeed helpful. Ill print this out and post it in our health section at home

Comment

I understand that drinking enough fluids is important in the management of prostate cancer.
        Last edited by agate; 01-11-2021, 07:08 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thank you so much Rose and Agate. Yes I heard from a biologist who worked in the nutrition field that Red Meat was rather unclean and detrimental to one's health. I never eat red meat myself. I'll pass these along to my coworker and please let me know if you find out anything new? Pray for him?
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post
            Thank you so much Rose and Agate. Yes I heard from a biologist who worked in the nutrition field that Red Meat was rather unclean and detrimental to one's health. I never eat red meat myself. I'll pass these along to my coworker and please let me know if you find out anything new? Pray for him?
            But eating red meat a few times is just okay?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetChoco View Post
              But eating red meat a few times is just okay?
              It's okay in moderation as far as I understand it and it depends on the person. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X