Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi - just joined. I was diagnosed with MMN in 2023, and am now on regular IVIG, which has improved things a lot though both arms and legs remains somewhat affected, and some of my fingers curl up. Keen to learn more from those living with this or similar conditions. My diagnosis was originally GBS, and the neurologist is still querying whether it might be CIDP - main thing we do know is that is responds to IVIG

Welcome, jameswUK!

I have MS and osteoarthritis, and know something about fingers that curl up as well as affected arms and legs. So far no finger has permanently curled up but all of them are somewhat bent out of shape permanently. I've seen far worse hands and so consider myself lucky still to be able to type and do most things without assistance. I do have several gadgets for help in opening jars and bottles.

Thank you for joining and being willing to contribute content to BrainTalk!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Welcome to BrainTalk, jameswUK!

Like Agate, I also have MS. I have also been diagnosed with Parkinson's but admit still being a bit in denial about that. One just carries on. That is what places like this are for.

I don't know anything about MMN, GBS, CIDP, or even IVIG, but am glad you have found a therapy that is relieving your condition. I do hope you get some clarity regarding your diagnosis.

If you don't get any more responses here, I would suggest visiting the MS forum. We have an ongoing chit-chat thread in which, if your wanted to, you could at least talk about what is going on with your healthcare. Agate and a few other active members here are quite adept at navigating the system and might be able to help you in that regard. We are also a friendly bunch, so you might well feel right at home.

I should also say that, as you have no doubt noticed, BrainTalk is, sadly, a pretty slow forum overall. Don't let that dissuade you. We would love to have you over in the MS forum anytime you need to talk or blow off steam. We're good at that. lol

The administration here would also probably appreciate your support. BrainTalk might be a little lonely these days, but it is still far from dead. You will find the moderators responsive if you need them for anything.

ETA: I did notice you are in the UK and realize that those of us in the US live under a different healthcare system. I think dealing with the professionals probably remains pretty much the same, though, so can reasonably expect to find some relevant support here in that regard. I am glad you are here.
      Last edited by flatcap; 02-05-2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X