Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nightmare - maybe someone can help?

Hello,

I am Nique, 41 years old. I gave birth 6 months ago to a beautiful baby boy.

2 weeks later I took a supplement for the pituitary gland - extracts from the pituitary glands of cows with the wish to improve my breast milk. Since then things are going downhill. I am only sleeping 4 hours a night. I am having panic attacks. And I have severe depression.
    After some tests at the endocrinologist it was said that the pills didnīt have an impact. I didnīt have extra breast milk. And I do have my period again. But I still think that the pills put my system off.
    Then I was described antidepressants (Sertraline) against postpartum depression. These made things even worse. I lost basically all of my collagen in the body and got thin hair.
    Even worse: I got major pressure in my brain.
    Apparently it was an adverse reaction so I stopped the Setraline after 4 weeks.
    We did an MRI to see if there was something off in the brain but it seemed okay.

And my depression still didnīt lift - to the contrary. I even attempted suicide - I jumped off a 3 m high wall and took toilet cleaner - I know, totally insane.Now my brain feels cut off. I have major pain behind my nose. And I react to any kind of food. My body, especially my brain seems to be full of cortisol. Does anybody know of such a symptom? I feels as if my longterm memory has vanished.

And I have major pressure in the brain that gives me the feeling that I can only eat and drink a little only a certain amount of breathings during the day. I know it sounds crazy but thatīs what I am feeling.
    I was wondering if I am suffering from hypercortisolism?

Many greetings.
    Dominique

Welcome, Nique!

Congratulations on the new baby! It is sad that you have been having so much trouble.

Nobody here is a medical professional, and when you ask if you could have hypercortisolism, all I can do is refer you to a Website that seems to have up-to-date information about it. You'll note that it's quite rare.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I haven't heard of any drug that will increase milk supply, and in fact my impression is that taking any drugs during lactation is generally frowned upon, and so I'm surprised that you were given cow pituitary gland extract. I think it's good that you're stopped both the pituitary gland extract and the Sertraline. Either one of them, or both, might be causing some of your problems.

Maybe a "drug holiday" is the best way to go for you right now. Why not let your body settle down after the birth experience and learn what your new normal is? Labor and delivery are no small thing, and your body and your mental state undergo some dramatic changes, most of which are entirely natural--even the letdown or postpartum depression that some women have.

Sometimes you just have to let time pass and hope for the best. But I strongly urge you to keep in contact with your doctor about your symptoms--and ask to be referred for competent counseling as soon as possible.

And thank you for posting here!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Nique)))))) ~

To Braintalk!

Congratulations on your baby! I am so sorry that you are suffering.

Stertraline has a boxed warning that it can cause suicidal thoughts, which is true of other antidepressants.

I agree with agate's suggestions. Your physician needs to be informed of all of your symptoms and follow your case to ensure that every possible diagnosis is considered.

I hope you get to the root of your problem and find a resolution.

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Sertraline, sold under the brand name Zoloft among others, is an Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... of the Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... (SSRI) class.Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... The efficacy of sertraline for Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... is similar to that of other antidepressants, and the differences are mostly confined to side effects. Sertraline is better tolerated than the older Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., and it may work better than Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... for some subtypes of depression. Sertraline is effective for Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., and Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... (OCD). However, for OCD, Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., particularly in combination with sertraline, is a better treatment. Although approved for Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..., sertraline leads to only modest improvement in this condition.Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Sertraline also alleviates the symptoms of Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and can be used in sub-therapeutic doses or intermittently for its treatment.Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... from wikipedia

zoloft--.- i hated that med

good luck -get well

Comment

some videos about zoloft

Comment

Working...
          X