Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different world perspectives

Hello.

I have a question and I don't know if this is the right place to look for an answer but it's worth a shot. Since I was a kid I was able to see the world around me and in my brain in two possible ways. It first started happening when I was around 10 y.o. so I can't really tell what caused it to happen. Sometimes it occurs randomly and I do not control it, but I can mostly change it manually if I think of some street or intersection where it's most likely to change. No one ever belived me when I was a kid so I don't really talk about that, also because it does not affect my life so much. The only problem I consider about that is when I drive a car and the "perspective" changes suddenly, then I have to once more plan my route when not using a GPS. If anyone has answers or has experienced something similar to that, I would be interested.

Sorry if it was not easy to read english is not my first language. :)

Welcome, Filip!

We aren't medically trained people here, just people with assorted neurological problems. I'm sorry I can't

give a medical name for what you've described but I do believe that you can see two versions of reality at once. I had this happen once to me during labor, probably because of a drug I'd been given (scopolamine, also known as twilight sleep). Reality was split into 3 versions at that time, and only one of them was what was really happening at the time. It was very strange.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi, Filip. Welcome to BrainTalk!

I used to have something like that occur every now and then. It is very difficult to describe, but I would be laying there and, suddenly, everything around me would look as if were further away. Things would also seem abnormally quiet. These episodes started when I was very young, no more than five years old.

I just don't know how to describe it, but I can say for certain that it hasn't happened since 1990. I told my therapist about it at the time, but I don't remember the specifics of what she said in reply. She might have said it was PTSD-related, in view of my background.

I'm sure it doesn't add much, but in my case, the issue must certainly have been psychological. I'm not saying I have been cured, but it isn't happening anymore. Maybe therapy would help you.

Comment

Well, this may be a clue--at least for your problem, flatcap. There's also something called teleopsia.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I doubt either applied in my case. The episodes did not occur within a short period of time. For whatever reason, and whatever it was that caused them, they happened sporadically over many years.

And, like I said, it hasn't happened since 1990 — exactly, not approximately. I remember it clearly.

And, like I said, I believe it was a psychological problem in my case. I would be very surprised if it was something else that caused them.

Comment

Working...
          X