Posts needing approval now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posts needing approval now?

When I tried to post in a thread just now, it appeared shaded green and "unapproved" appeared in the lower left corner. Does this mean that all posts will need to go past a moderator first before they actually appear for others to see?

Edited to add: It didn't happen with this post though. And it didn't happen with a post on the MS board. It did happen with a post on the Stiff-Person Syndrome board. How long would it take for a post to be approved? Is this wait time a feature for only some boards?
    Last edited by agate; 05-25-2021, 08:03 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Hi Agate :)

This is one annoying bug that I haven't quite nailed down yet. The default anti-spam software seems to be randomly picking posts that need approval. Approval is handled by a moderator or and admin and the time it takes depends on when we're online.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Maybe it's fixed itself. I haven't noticed any more instances of it.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I'll take that back. I tried to post in my thread called "The forgetful neuro" on the MS board but it's green and marked Unapproved.

Comment

It is now approved. I do not know why this is happening, but I shall do my best to approve them when I see them.
          At times, it becomes necessary to ignore a member's posts. It's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Here are the steps to place a member on an ignore list.

Step 1 - log in
          Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
          Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
          Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
          Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Moderator #2

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I wrote a long post and included a couple of long excerpts from an article on the MS thread, "News about Jeanie."

It's green, and it says "unapproved" at the bottom of it.

This is the first time this has happened to me since the new format was installed.

Please approve my post. Thank you!

Love & Light,

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!

THANKS!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
            X