Https should finally be working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Https should finally be working

Within 48 hours all links and bookmarks should redirect to our https urls. If you're bookmarks or links or you notice broken links and/or images, please reply to this thread with the location of the issue and I will put it on my to do list. Oddly enough the list isn't getting smaller even though I'm getting things done

Hopefully this will also resolve most of the login issues members have been experiencing.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

It is very nice to look at that URL window and see a padlock symbol instead of "Not secure."

I don't know if this is the type of issue you're working on just now but I haven't been seeing post numbers since the upgrade--in addition to not seeing most signatures.

Howie has said on the MS board today that he can log in but "remember me" isn't working for him.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

On my (old) iPad I can see the post numbers and signatures. I'm also seeing a row of reddish-orange rectangles under user names that look like the Reputation feature. Has it been activated? I wonder if we could all put up with it for the sake of restoring the Thanks button?

On another topic, I can see more features on the iPad version of this board but I can't log in there. When I try to click on the Log In button, nothing happens. No message, no action at all. This is a pretty old iPad, and so maybe it's just its problem but other people use iPads and may be having similar problems?
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatiramer acetate since December 2020.

Comment

I forgot to hide the reputation bars on the new style

Fixed that
        Last edited by Mike Weins; 05-01-2021, 08:56 PM.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
          On my (old) iPad I can see the post numbers and signatures. I'm also seeing a row of reddish-orange rectangles under user names that look like the Reputation feature. Has it been activated? I wonder if we could all put up with it for the sake of restoring the Thanks button?

On another topic, I can see more features on the iPad version of this board but I can't log in there. When I try to click on the Log In button, nothing happens. No message, no action at all. This is a pretty old iPad, and so maybe it's just its problem but other people use iPads and may be having similar problems?
          I haven't had anyone else come to me with issues with logging on since the move to https was completed and fixed some odd errors we were having.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Weins View Post

I haven't had anyone else come to me with issues with logging on since the move to https was completed and fixed some odd errors we were having.
            Yay! A few regulars on the MS board haven't shown up yet but there are people who appear only occasionally. Now if we can remember to put some tags on our posts if we want them to be searchable by search engines, maybe we can draw in some more people--?

Comment

Working...
            X